Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• tish7961
    Options
    I am 51 (soon to add a new digit) & I have been battling ever since I quit smoking 17 years ago!! It is SOOO challenging, and when I do finally lose some weight, some huge life event occurs and my emotional eating kicks in and I'm off to the races again!
  • wenrondy
    Options
    Yes, I'm in my 50's and battling the bulge. I've lost 12 pounds and I have 18 to go. Are you new to "My Fitness Pal"?
  • fourtyandflirty
    Options
    I will be 40 in July that is why I decided enough was enough with my weight. I have set a goal of 60 pounds to lose by then. I workout at the gym 5 days a week doing mostly cardio. Any suggestions you might have would be gratefully appreciated.
  • sweetmelissa50
    Options
    I am so disgusted! I am 51 years old, I started the Atkins diet about a week and a half ago and as of yesterday I had lost 6 pounds and then today it looks like I gained a pound!!!! What is going on? I have followed it to the letter, they say you could lose up to 15 pounds in the first two weeks, I am going backwards, is anything ever going to work on me?! :(
  • krazykim42
    Options
    i just joined today after having no luck with a certain club. keep stopping the same weight no matter wot i do , fed up of monthly fees,so thought i try this. yes im 41 and want to lose 2 stone ( be happy with any loss at the mo)
    hows every one doing with this?? would love to hear how u do...
  • Patriciastonge
    Patriciastonge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes! I am 57 and trying to lose 55 lbs. i figure i can use my fitness pal from Monday to Friday, do it seriously. On the weekends, eat healthy and be more active, but not use the system. If I log on 7 days a week, I'm afraid I'll get bored too quickly....
  • gerberdz68
    gerberdz68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am 44 and have over 70 pounds to lose. I am diabetic and have to get control once an for all! I would love to be a buddy with someone. Feel free to add me!
  • Patriciastonge
    Patriciastonge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Pat from New Brunswick. I am also 57 and I would like to lose 55 lbs. We have similar goals....
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am almost 46 and have been on this journey for a couple of years and almost at my goal.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and glad you posted this thread. It seems most ppl on here are a lot younger....
  • gparks
    gparks Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Gloria from Chicago, 54 and looking to lose aroud 50 pounds.
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! just joined the beginning of the year. have made some good progress and everyday i'm learning something new about myself. it's a marathon, not a sprint! i put my goal as 38lbs to lose. i've lost 12 so far and counting each and every step i take. i will be 42 in july...have 2 boys ages 19 and 14. i just want a "better" me as i enjoy this journey thru this part of my life. to me, it's an investment to my life...add a little each day so i can enjoy the rewards in the end.

best wishes to everyone on their own journey. let's do this! i log on daily..if anyone would like to add me.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm here and I'm 47 (48 in March) being doing this for 6 months or so. I've got a hubby and 4 children and just started the 5:2 diet to try and get over this plateau I'm stuck on. So far it's working!!

I feel a bit like a grandma on here with lots of people n their 20's!
  • smalacarne
    Options
    I'm 43, trying to lose 40 pounds and keep it off :)
  • TonyiaGibson
    Options
    Hi, I am 54 and want to lose 35-40 lbs.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm 45. Lost 110 in a year and now stalled for the past year as I work to lose 15 more.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm here...not trying to lose weight anymore. I've been maintaining for years. YAY ME!

My goals are more muscle, more definition,strength,endurance and motivating others!

It can be done at this age! Regardless of limitations. :smile:
  • thesunshine45601
    Options
    Hi I'm 47. . . please feel free to add me :)
  • jasocunn1970
    Options
    43 this year and need to shed a few stone, topped the scales at 19stone and got a scare. On the 5:2 diet and so far so good.
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yup, that would be me.