colon cleanser?

Options

Replies

• DjangoAndDeadlifts
    Options
    There is absolutely zero reason to do this for non medical reasons. Anyone that claims otherwise is selling something or ignorant. At best it's uncomfortable, as worst it's dangerous. The human body is perfectly capable of handling waste on its own.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there: I went with my dad with he got a colonoscopy (he's over 50 so it's just smart). The only thing the docotor told him to do was more fiber and more water. Since I'm not a doctor myself, you don't need to follow my advice to EAT MORE FIBER AND DRINK MORE WATER to "cleanse" your colon. But really, if you're pooping, you're doing it right.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Just eat taco bell and be done with it!!

And+that+s+when+you+abandon+the+toilet+and+refuse+to+_5e994047fd6bc3067044fcaf002c70d6.jpg

My thoughts exactly. Or White Castle
  • tracilahart
    Options
    Check out the Advocare line of products. They have a 24 Day Challenge and the first 10 days are a gentle herbal cleanse. You would be amazed at the impurities and toxins that we all have built up in our body over time. It really worked for me and the company has a great reputation.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I have IBS so yes, I have used the pills and had a colonic.

If you have the opportunity to get a colonic, I highly recommend that over the pills, unless you want to be bound to the house for a few days.

I have used the Acia Berry pills and they work and work well, but like I stated before I was not able to leave the house for a few days because when the urge came to go, you best be near a toilet.

The most important thing is, do not do them more than 2x per year.

Because I have IBS with severe constipation I LOVE them. Have you ever seen a dog go running and kicking up grass after a good poo? Yeah, its like that. :happy:
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I also have heard you should cleanse once in a while. No matter how regularly you go to the bathroom there is always built up waste on the walls of your intestines.

This is not true at all. Your body will take care of all the waste. You never have a build up unless you have a medical condition. Anything you expel during a "cleanse" would have come out the next day during your regular bowel movement. Anything using the word "cleanse" is a complete waste of money and literally did nothing for your health.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    (Edited because I hit reply instead of quote)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm astonished at how immune some people here are to the sensible concept that you do not need to induce, internally or otherwise, your bowels to cleanse themselves.

I begin to think they just enjoy the experience too much to give it up.
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I too feel like you may need to cleanse every once and a while. I am currently using a product called Super Cleanse. I researched it and read others reviews. I don't have any complaints. I am not using it to lose any additional pounds magically, but to cleanse and refresh my system. I like many other people, eat fruits and vegetables but still don't have adequate bowel movements (3-5 daily). I may not go but once a week, so I thought this was necessary. It boasts, Natural Whole Herb total body cleanse and I went within the same day I took a pill. It only requires two pills a day. No cramps or discomfort, no urgent feelings either. This is simply my opinion. I have choosen not to colonics because I don't like the method or the possible side effects.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Just eat taco bell and be done with it!!

And+that+s+when+you+abandon+the+toilet+and+refuse+to+_5e994047fd6bc3067044fcaf002c70d6.jpg

My thoughts exactly. Or White Castle

Or a good, strong cup of coffee.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have IBS so yes, I have used the pills and had a colonic.

If you have the opportunity to get a colonic, I highly recommend that over the pills, unless you want to be bound to the house for a few days.

I have used the Acia Berry pills and they work and work well, but like I stated before I was not able to leave the house for a few days because when the urge came to go, you best be near a toilet.

The most important thing is, do not do them more than 2x per year.

Because I have IBS with severe constipation I LOVE them. Have you ever seen a dog go running and kicking up grass after a good poo? Yeah, its like that. :happy:

I had IBS with severe diarrhea after just about every meal. I have been constipated before, it's about the worst feeling ever.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Poop. Colon is cleansed!

LOL, simple and to the point.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    taco bell

haha
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    To cleanse your colon:

1.) Drink a STRONG cup of coffee

2.) Go for a 20 minute run on the treadmill.

You're welcome.
  • glittersamsara
    glittersamsara Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Colon-cleansing is fad and potentially harmful. Most of the products aimed at colon cleansing are either very strong laxatives, or contain clay (that's the gunk you crap out - it's NOT toxins, it's just the clay taking the shape of your bowels).

Up your fibre and water content. Hell, have a strong cup of black coffee if you need to go NOW. If you reaaaally want to use colon cleansers for the experience or what have you, don't do it more than once.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm not having any issues ... just had heard that you should "cleanse" every once in awhile to get rid of old waste.

BroScience. So unnecessary if you eat healthy.
  • Dani_Davies23
    Options
    I love how colon cleansers are marketed toward women.

"Just finished cleaning the kitchen? Why not take five minutes to tidy up your colon?!"

Must maintain girl given ratio of composition.
    1) Sugar
    2) Spice
    3) EVERYTHING nice
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I too feel like you may need to cleanse every once and a while. I am currently using a product called Super Cleanse. I researched it and read others reviews. I don't have any complaints. I am not using it to lose any additional pounds magically, but to cleanse and refresh my system. I like many other people, eat fruits and vegetables but still don't have adequate bowel movements (3-5 daily). I may not go but once a week, so I thought this was necessary. It boasts, Natural Whole Herb total body cleanse and I went within the same day I took a pill. It only requires two pills a day. No cramps or discomfort, no urgent feelings either. This is simply my opinion. I have choosen not to colonics because I don't like the method or the possible side effects.

I do not have the source currently, but I was reading that the healthy average is actually only once every 1-5 days. So even if you go only once in 5 days, you're considered in the healthy norm. This changed for me when I started eating healthier and was aw weird thing to adjust to one ever 2-3 days instead of more often, but I'm assured that's normal and I feel fine.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Some people have responded negatively about these.
    I have tried quite a few and found them to be ineffective/pathetic/harsh....except one...drnatura.com
    It works really well, totally soothing and normalizing.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    As soon as I saw the topic I knew I would be entertained... :laugh: