Jamaica

Options
13»

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    We are going in July. My husband has been 3 times and stayed at some resort in Negrile. I'll have to get the name. We are going bold and bare and staying at Hedonism. :smokin:
    Looking to go bare or go bold at night?? :wink: :laugh: :blushing:

My husband and I don't like clothes. LOL! And we really like um.......:devil:

Have you been there before?? Me and hubby like :devil: too LOL but never been to a resort like Hedonism

No. But we have been to places with a similar vibe here in our city. :)

Has this turned into a swinging topic?

Nobody said anything about swinging.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    We are going in July. My husband has been 3 times and stayed at some resort in Negrile. I'll have to get the name. We are going bold and bare and staying at Hedonism. :smokin:

Have you been there before?? Me and hubby like :devil: too LOL but never been to a resort like Hedonism

No one is swinging... and there are other things besides swinging... just saying...
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I've stayed at Breezes Runaway bay (I think its now called Jewel Runaway Bay) but it was nice. All inclusive and no kids allowed...
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options

No one is swinging... and there are other things besides swinging... just saying...

Yep. Just because we want to be around more free spirited people who can embrace being naked doesn't mean we are swingers.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    We did Sandals in Ocho Rios. It's really nice.
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Went to Ocho Rios. Loved the beaches and nite life there. Pretty much stayed in the resort (all inclusive). When we did venture out, it was on hotel recommended tours. Went to a pottery factory, Dunns River Falls and horseback riding in the ocean. Weather was awesome for October (off season).
  • jpoblete77
    jpoblete77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stayed 10 days in Negril, 7nights at Couples All-Inclusive and 3 nights at by the cliffs at Citronella. If you're going to enjoy true Jamaican culture and food....stay by the cliffs. The food is great and healthy, cheap, and you won't binge! Now if you want to be tempted to eat everything,listen to Americanized jamaican music...like Lady Gaga on steel drums, then stay at an all-inclusive. Stay at the cliffs and pay and you can always pay per tour or other amenities such as scuba diving with lessons.

We went June 2011 and there's no AC in the rooms at Citronella. My husband was not too happy when I told him, but we did not miss it I promise you!! The ocean breeze was enough! Anyways, even though I loved Citronella there's a better place we checked out while we were there. It was similar that it was right on the cliffs with no AC...the place is Banana Shout it's the place to be!!! It's sooo beautiful they're water is perfect for swimming, right in the middle of everything, local food, music and a few bucks from the beach. You will save money staying at the cliffs, and have a better time.
    I have lots of tips, just ask me. I love Negril so much I'd be more than happy to tell you:
    - Be assertive when telling the vendors you're not interested, they will leave you alone
    - You can bargain cab prices
    -http://www.negrilonestop.com/cliffresorts.shtml has excellent maps and information, tripadvisor is okay but I believe alot of the hotel owners post their own reviews. You can look for my reviews here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/Spunkypnay
    - it's safe to drink tap water in Jamaica
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Yep. Just because we want to be around more free spirited people who can embrace being naked doesn't mean we are swingers.

Agreed... Free Spirit + Open Minded - Swinging = Lots of fun
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wife and I went years ago for a wedding. Stayed in Sandals and flew into Montego Bay.

Not sure what the rules in Sandals - Montego Bay are now but wife sunbathed topless. There's definitely a free and liberating atmosphere.
  • whitbendel
    Options
    We went to Sandals Grande Riviera (Ocho Rios) last summer. It is a great all-inclusive resort for very active couples (atleast the beach side). We had a fabulous time and enjoyed all the activities they offered. If you're looking for luxury I would stay on the mountain side (all rooms renovated) if your looking for fun/party stay on the beach side. We were a little disappointed in the food (Neptunes was by far the best place to eat) and it was hard to find premium liquor at the bars like they say on the website. It was a great first Jamaica/All-inclusive experience for us but if we went back I'd probably check out the Couples Resorts. They are getting a lot of buzz on Trip Advisor and Travel and Leisure magazine websites.
  • cwkaty
    cwkaty Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I think you are good to g topless at any adult only resort, as long as stay down by the beach.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are planning a trip to Jamaica. We want to attend an all-inclusive resort.
    Has anyone been recently? Any suggestions?

We did Swept Away in Negril. Awesome experience.

Hedonism is right there to...if that is your thing.
  • Kubiastic
    Options
    Couples in Ocho Rios was super fun. It has a nude island if you want that aspect and the rest of it is you wear clothes.
  • nyssalynne
    Options
    Any of the Couples resorts are fabulous. There is Couples Tower Isle (with the nude island), Couples Negril, Couples Swept Away, and Couples Sans Souci. They are also opening a resort in Barbados. I have been to Couples Tower Isle and Couples Negril. If you like white sandy beaches then go to one of the resorts on the Negril side of the island. If you want a welcome feeling, like you are part of a family, go to Couples Tower Isle (my favorite). The beaches are shorter and rockier but the atmosphere is the best.

I don't like the Sandals chain because they are pricier and more commercialized. No, I don't work for or troll the boards for Couples Resorts. I am just a satisfied repeat guest.