colon cleanser?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I too feel like you may need to cleanse every once and a while. I am currently using a product called Super Cleanse. I researched it and read others reviews. I don't have any complaints. I am not using it to lose any additional pounds magically, but to cleanse and refresh my system. I like many other people, eat fruits and vegetables but still don't have adequate bowel movements (3-5 daily). I may not go but once a week, so I thought this was necessary. It boasts, Natural Whole Herb total body cleanse and I went within the same day I took a pill. It only requires two pills a day. No cramps or discomfort, no urgent feelings either. This is simply my opinion. I have choosen not to colonics because I don't like the method or the possible side effects.

How is your fat intake? In my opinion, adequate fat consumption is far more effective than fiber consumption to keep things moving...(and less potentially irritating/abrasive in the process).

ETA: Oh, and the need for a colon cleanse (absent doctor ordered such as prep for a colonoscopy)? Totally bogus.

^^yep to the fat intake.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I too feel like you may need to cleanse every once and a while. I am currently using a product called Super Cleanse. I researched it and read others reviews. I don't have any complaints. I am not using it to lose any additional pounds magically, but to cleanse and refresh my system. I like many other people, eat fruits and vegetables but still don't have adequate bowel movements (3-5 daily). I may not go but once a week, so I thought this was necessary. It boasts, Natural Whole Herb total body cleanse and I went within the same day I took a pill. It only requires two pills a day. No cramps or discomfort, no urgent feelings either. This is simply my opinion. I have choosen not to colonics because I don't like the method or the possible side effects.

How is your fat intake? In my opinion, adequate fat consumption is far more effective than fiber consumption to keep things moving...(and less potentially irritating/abrasive in the process).

ETA: Oh, and the need for a colon cleanse (absent doctor ordered such as prep for a colonoscopy)? Totally bogus.

^^yep to the fat intake.

As an example, I added MCT oil back into my usual breakfast routine this morning...and, despite it not being the reason for doing it, I am now remarkably "cleansed" .

:indifferent:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Ick.

Eat prunes. Problem solved.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    no
    ^ This.
    ^ And this.

Colon cleanses are a scam - the only thing they cleanse is your wallet. Unless you have some kind of medical condition, your body is perfectly equipped to cleanse itself and rid itself of waste and "toxins" (and I'm STILL waiting for a cleanse/detox advocate to tell us exactly what toxins a cleanse supposedly removes).
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have a food intolerance to citrus fruit so the only 'colon cleanser' I need is a glass of orange juice.

No idea what exactly a 'colon cleanse' is supposed to accomplish though :huh:
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The body is self cleaning internally, if you eat a healthful diet.
    I have had my doctor and a registered dietician both tell me that colon "cleasing" can destroy good, necessary bacteria. Also, that as long as you're eating enough fiber it will take care of itself.
  • mdh185
    mdh185 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not only are they unnecessary they can be dangerous.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I like professional colonics

I have never heard anyone say they actually like these before...:laugh:
    Interesting.

And what others have said - Unless you have a medical condition, don't fall for any colon cleansing scams. The body is self cleaning.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I like professional colonics

I have never heard anyone say they actually like these before...:laugh:
    Interesting.

Audrey Hollander.

Don't google her at work.
  • nookeetoone
    Options
    I once ate something bad... Boy did that cleanse me.
  • rosequeen69
    rosequeen69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is a tea that I drink once a week that cleans out your colon it's called "Te Manasul" you can order it online for on Ebay. Your suppose to drink it at night but I drink in the morning cause it won't let me sleep. After you drink it, you will feel the effects with in 6-8 hours.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I use flax seeds in my food and !BAM! colon is cleansed :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    There is a tea that I drink once a week that cleans out your colon it's called "Te Manasul" you can order it online for on Ebay. Your suppose to drink it at night but I drink in the morning cause it won't let me sleep. After you drink it, you will feel the effects with in 6-8 hours.

Hope you aren't at work for those effects....
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
  • Cara75
    Cara75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think I can help

HAAA HAHAHAAHAH ... that is so MALE! lol
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

You think normal is pooping 3 to 5 times a day? I call that diarrhea!
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think I can help

Please provide proof. Pictures are optional.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    But really, if you're pooping, you're doing it right.

Best thing I've read all day!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I drink a strong cup of coffee with a reasonable amount of creamer in it and I can tell you this, after my morning shift at work I am clean as a whistle, with at least 1-2 trips to the bathroom under my belt :P

Your body likes routines. Keep your sleeping habits similar, and keep your times of day that you eat and your portion sizes similar. Fat is your friend for successful poops.