New Round of P90X!

Options

Replies

• gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Can you just do the first part of Yoga X and not the balance postures?
  • kcallas88
    Options
    I love the core disc, weight disks, and the yoga. At first I hated the yoga but as I've done it a couple times i realize it's quite enjoyable if I turn out the lights and light a candle and relax.

Ha whatever it takes right?!
  • Lana359
    Lana359 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just started a P90X/Insanity hybrid program, yesterday (February 4, 2013). You can add me. I'm looking for motivation & support.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Can you just do the first part of Yoga X and not the balance postures?

You could but you wouldn't be getting all of the benefits of the workout. Working on balance is important for the core. You could swap though. One time, do all the vinyasa's and the next time, the balance moves. Also, I don't know if you've seen my earlier posts but his Fountain of Youth yoga is shorter (only 40 min) and you get everything.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Ok, so tonight was one of my days for teaching my group P90X class and I include everything; it's a total body workout! I'm pooped and of course, tomorrow is arms & shoulders! lol My favorite but man are my arms gonna be sore!

Welcome new comers! Stick around and share your X journey with us!
  • razor_fever
    razor_fever Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps - DONE

I've got to say, that was a pretty tough workout today. I was feeling pretty wasted towards the end. I am actually glad tomorrow is a cardio day.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good morning! Up bright and early and Shoulders & Arms done! Man, I love working those muscles! Definately one of my favorite workouts for sure!

Tonight, more teaching! Whew! Looking forward to the weekend!

razor_fever: Way to bring it! Keep up the good work!
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    I recently hit a weight loss plateau, and need to do something to keep dropping the pounds, so I've decided to start the P90X, complete with their fat shredder diet (at least concerning amount, type of food, and ratios; I don't think I have the patience to go out and buy everything and cook it every week). I've done the plyo and yoga videos already this week, and will do kenpo later today, but am not starting the full routine until Monday. That way I can rest of Sundays which will be rather convenient for me. Wish me luck!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I recently hit a weight loss plateau, and need to do something to keep dropping the pounds, so I've decided to start the P90X, complete with their fat shredder diet (at least concerning amount, type of food, and ratios; I don't think I have the patience to go out and buy everything and cook it every week). I've done the plyo and yoga videos already this week, and will do kenpo later today, but am not starting the full routine until Monday. That way I can rest of Sundays which will be rather convenient for me. Wish me luck!

Nate: Welcome to the group! Glad to have ya! Don't worry, at some point, we all reach that dreaded plateau! And don't worry about eating exactly how the diet guide is laid out. I didn't. But, I did take the recommendations of ratios and applied it to what I like to eat. I look forward to hearing about your 90 day journey! Keep us posted!
  • razor_fever
    Options
    Cardio X - DONE.

Pretty good workout this morning. I might do a 10 Minute Trainer Cardio tonight after work.

I hope everyone is Bringing It!

Joe
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    Day 4 of the unofficial P90X, three days to go until the official round starts for me. I've done plyo, yoga, kenpo, and today got the chest and back. Note to self: buy better resistance bands.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post here yesterday but I did Shoulders & Arms (my 3rd week but I am calling this week 2). I love seeing the veins bulging out of my biceps on this one! Yesterday I started to see some veins popping out of my shoulders too (haven't see that before). I'm making good progress on this one with steadily increasing weight each week.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good morning guys! Today is my other P90X teaching day so I'm taking a bit easy this morning; it always seems to catch up with me about this time of the week.

Nate: Are you getting excited for the "official" start? At least you've been building up to it! Great job! Keep it up!

Joe: I LOVE Shoulders/Arms!!! Definately my fav workout in this phase! It's hard not to notice yourself in the mirror when you're pumping iron! lol I do that too when I'm teaching it; I have to remind myself to quit looking at myself! LOL

Love the support and motivation here! We are bringing it!
  • abaxter02
    abaxter02 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really can not wait to get this first recovery week over with. It's so boring and I am ready to move on to week 5!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wait I want in.. is it P90X or P90X 2? I have both but would love to do 2 or is it too late?
  • tweak222
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of phase 1! It's Yoga night! Wish me luck?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Wait I want in.. is it P90X or P90X 2? I have both but would love to do 2 or is it too late?

Kevin, no not too late at all, come on in! Even if you're doing X2, please stay and share in the support and motivation!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of phase 1! It's Yoga night! Wish me luck?

Welcome! I'm also on week 2 of phase 1. Hard to believe this is my 4th round but I just love it so much!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Well, just got home from teaching my P90X group class tonight and my arms are feeling it! Tomorrow is Legs & Back! Whew! I'm just refueling with my yummy Shakeology and then it's off to bed so I can get up at 4am and push play!

Way to bring this week guys! Keep on pushing play!
  • razor_fever
    Options
    Chest & Back - DONE.

Tomorrow is a much needed day off