Books: Are you reading anything?

Options

Replies

• Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. Seriously, if you've watch the movie, it's nothing compared to the book. It's a great book, I recommend it.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Game of Thrones: A song of Ice and Fire xD
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Those all look enjoyable!

I'm pretty such i have read After too. Seemed familiar.
    I want to finish a book I started awhile back, but can't find.
    It's called After by amy efaw.

google it and read the info. (:

I've read After. It was a pretty good YA title. I just finished Almost Famous by Joan Bauer and Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. I'mm currently reading The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine, Reached by Alli Condie, and Broken Harbor by Tana French.
  • lseed87
    Options
    Such a good book. I also enjoyed the movie. I think both made me cry
    i'm currently reading my sister's keeper! it's so good!
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late, but I'm reading the first 50 shades of grey book. Damn!!!!! Still trying to figure out why I never read it sooner!!!! :P
  • lseed87
    Options

I've read After. It was a pretty good YA title. I just finished Almost Famous by Joan Bauer and Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. I'mm currently reading The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine, Reached by Alli Condie, and Broken Harbor by Tana French.

I'm a sucker for the YA books. but I usually read dean koontz or stephen king.

A good book is beauty queen, and another is 13 reasons why.

I also like Stephen King and other such authors. 13 reasons why is good.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Rereading Vampire Academy, and EXCELLENT series! And just finished a series about the Napolean War-ish era, but with an Aerial Corps consisting of dragons XD

OMG!!!! Love, love Vampire Academy! Rose is an awesome character, strong but not without flaws. Just too good. I think the other series is Temeraire, right? If it is the book is good, but for some reason I found it hard to read.

I just finished Partials and it was GOOD, not OMG I can't stop thinking about it kind of good, but I still recommend it.
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Tick tick by James Patterson.....
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It is so good, I highly recommend it.

I don't know why, but I really didn't like Cloud Atlas. So many people I know loved it, but I just felt like it was trying too hard to be epic.

Lately, I haven't had much time to read, but a few good ones I've finished semi recently are The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain, Moloka'i, by Alan Brennert, and American Gods, by Neil Gaiman.
  • lseed87
    Options

I'm a sucker for the YA books. but I usually read dean koontz or stephen king.

A good book is beauty queen, and another is 13 reasons why.

I read hundreds of YA books a year because I teach middle school and I have an extensive classroom library. I push books into kids' hands. I love Thirteen Reasons Why and also Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Both books should be required reading for teens.

Speak is like one of my favorite books. To Kill a Mockingbird as well :D
  • lseed87
    Options
    I'm currently reading a series by Janet Evanovich about a woman that becomes a bounty hunter...albeit a bumbling one. She always gets her man though. I'm on the fifth book.

The Stephanie Plum series!!

I'm currently reading Divergent/Insurgent by Veronica Roth. :)

Divergent is on my list to read. Already downloaded onto my kindle my uncle got me for christmas. I decided to read Delirium by Lauren Oliver first though. Loved it! Can't wait for the 3rd book to come out in March
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Speak is like one of my favorite books. To Kill a Mockingbird as well :D

Ooh, that's another good one I've read recently. Somehow I had gone through my whole life without reading To Kill a Mockingbird. I really loved it! I also read The Catcher in the Rye for the first time recently. I think that maybe you have to read that one when you are an angsty teen, because I just did not get what all the hoopla was about with that one.
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    World Without End by Ken Follet. Just started it today.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I'm reading one of the Forgotten Realms series. Can't remember which one. Also reading Wheel of Time book 1.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I just finished the novel "Tricked" which is part of the Iron Druid series. It's fantastic!

Monica
  • alleykat2974
    Options
    I am reading Ever After by Kim Harrison. Next on the list is the Vampirate series that my daughter wants to read. I like to know what she is putting into her little mind. However the best book I have read lately has been the Discovery of Witches.
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am reading The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl - very good and inspirational in my weight loss journey
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late, but I'm reading the first 50 shades of grey book. Damn!!!!! Still trying to figure out why I never read it sooner!!!! :P

I love them....Sylvia Day has a couple you should read after that.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading a series by Janet Evanovich about a woman that becomes a bounty hunter...albeit a bumbling one. She always gets her man though. I'm on the fifth book.

I saw the movie for this. One For The Money with Katherine Heigle
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson.

My goal is to read at LEAST 1 book a month. I love reading, I just never make the time for it.