Anyone doing Jilian Michaels 30 day shred?

Options

Replies

• CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I finished level one today! I never felt the jumping jacks got easier, though. Ha! I just really hate them for some reason. I'm excited to start level two tomorrow. I haven't been sore since day three and I'm taking weekends off right now.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I finished my 10th day of level 1 today. I noticed that I am not breathing as heavy as i was the first day. I even went from using just 5 pound weights for all strength parts to using 8 pounds on 1/2 the strength workout and the other half the 5 pounds still. So there is a little improvement. Going to do my 1st day of level 2 tomorrow.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I started level 1 2 weeks ago. I did it 5 days in a row and my body was killing me. my arms felt like they were going to fall off. the jumping jacks are the hardest for me because of the knees. so sometimes I will just do the jump rope instead of the jumping jacks.it is still cardio and seems to be a little easier on my knees. i had to take a week off then started again yesterday. i seem to be getting better at it. Now this week the top of my legs are a little tired. I am anxious to get to the end of the 30 days!!
    She is a killer!!
  • workinprogress007
    workinprogress007 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 21, so level 3, day 1 completed, tomorrow will be day 22. Not too many pounds lost but seeing it in the inches. Also doing some walking too.
  • heaterrr
    heaterrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Starting level 1 day 1 tonight.... I did it to level 2 and then stopped, but I did see results in the first 10 days was 9lb loss and I only did that... So wish me luck :)
  • NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it still at level 1 and only once a week because I'm doing different workout every day but she's killing me with the jumping jack and of course the push up, I like it a lot I'm sore everywhere after.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well finished Level 2 this morning. Hoping to start level 3 tomorrow or Saturday, prob Saturday. How is everyone doing?
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    im basically jumping back n forth with the shred. i am currently pregnant n love how it keeps me moving...so i am on level 2 occasionally some days level 3. have a great workout!
  • brittanycochran338
    Options
    Im on level 2 day 7 and so far im down 7 lbs and not sure how many inches! But i do it everyday with a one day break between levels!!!
  • JoJo61612
    JoJo61612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for about 2 weeks and think level II is easier in someways. The strength circuits are easier (no push-ups!) but there are sooo many lunges and plank position circuits. On second though, maybe it's not easier :/ That woman is a beast.
  • sls41102
    sls41102 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 3 of level 1 for me. My thighs have felt like they are on fire all day. Yesterday I didn't really hurt much at all. I can definitely feel it in my shoulders too. I am trying to convince myself to get up and do today's workout. I am already so sore.
  • anneelisabeth
    anneelisabeth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tonight was day 2 on level 1 for me. Im hoping to tone and work up my strength. Im looking for some people who are also doing the 30 day shred to add me as a friend, just to keep me accountable. :) Feel free to add me!!
  • JessicaRabbitskis
    JessicaRabbitskis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 6. I've been doing it since the 7th of January. I found that workout 2 was hard on my knees so ended Updike workout two for 18 days and since I've started I've taken 6 rest days. I have to say it gets you results if you watch what your eating too. I've dropped from 221 too 210. Mind you some of that was water retention and its helped since I've started drinking the amount of water I should be daily. I would love to show you the difference from day 1 and day 20 when I get the hang of this no idea how to post a photo ???? It's hard it really is and sometimes you just want to tell the tv off but the results are amazing!!! Keep it up you guys!!!
  • JessicaRabbitskis
    Options
    Today will be day 3 of level 1 for me. My thighs have felt like they are on fire all day. Yesterday I didn't really hurt much at all. I can definitely feel it in my shoulders too. I am trying to convince myself to get up and do today's workout. I am already so sore.
    keep it up it took me quite sometime to WANT to do my workout instead of forcing myself. 21 days starts a habit! You got this keep it up you will not regret it!!!
  • JessicaRabbitskis
    Options
    I've been doing it for about 2 weeks and think level II is easier in someways. The strength circuits are easier (no push-ups!) but there are sooo many lunges and plank position circuits. On second though, maybe it's not easier :/ That woman is a beast.
    agreed!!! I can not do the last an move on this one I end up doing bicycle crunches instead... I fall over doing what they are doing :(
  • JessicaRabbitskis
    Options
    I will do day 8 of level 2 this afternoon. I did weight and measurements at the halfway point a couple days ago and had lost 5.8 pounds and 8.5 inches overall since starting 30DS on Jan 13. I also do additional cardio 45-60 minutes/day 4 days/week. Days 1-3 of level 1 and day 2 of level 2 were difficult and I was really sore, but it definitely gets easier with each session as you gain strength and endurance. I have issues with both knees and I find the jumping jacks and some of the squat moves exacerbate them, so I've modified the movements to be less stressful on my knee joints and so far that seems to be doing the trick. I previewed level 3 last night...looks like I'm in for some more soreness in another couple days. Oh, and my abs feel so much tighter and toned, though I can't visibly see a difference there--too much "overlay"--and my arms are getting visibly toned and sculpted!!
    i had issues too when I started the second part. What helped was I did level one for 8 extra days now workout 2 doesn't bother my knees at all.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be day 3 of level one for me. I'm sore, but not as bad as I thought. I assume I won't see results until next week, but I know I'm using muscles I haven't used in awhile. Good luck!

Day 3 as well. I just push thru the pain. I jog for 40 min after, because I know there is more to do. Im sore as well, sore as hell. So far I've done Epsom Baths and Muscle Rub Creams. I can not wait to move too 2nd Phase, After Im done Im going to try to do the whole DVD for week straight as well.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I wish I could try it but I don't think my knees would appreciate all that jumping around.
  • JessicaRabbitskis
    Options
    my progress so far!! :) I don't have measurements though. Letting it all hang out in both no sucking in or anything... And please don't mind my mr burns hand ;P
    1c79bda67639b55a3755a1471ab1239d.jpg
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I started Jilian Michaels 30 day shred on Sunday 1/27/2013 and tonight will mark my 5th workout. How long have you been doing it? Have you notice any results? As for me I notice I have shed since I start 5lbs, but due to me being on my monthly (pretty sure ladies can relate) during that period may have an effect too of the weight loss upon bloating.

I had great results. I started on 1 Jan and finished 30 Jan, no breaks. I lost 6 lbs. 4 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my hips and 1.5 inches off each thigh. During TOM I didnt gain any weight just stayed the same and when it was over I dropped 2lbs. Just stick to it and eat right and you will def see results!!