What is your favourite protein powder?

Options

Replies

• agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you are using it for Lilanasamata, I lift, i have 5 protein shakes a day on top of my meals, so for me it is not a meal replacement but there are some people that use protein shakes as meal suppliments.

Also depends on what youa re going for, i also take teh MusclePharm Casien, it is an extended release protein, were as your body will process whey in an hour or two, Casien stays in your system for longer, thats why I use it after work outs and before bed.
  • Fightin2GetFit
    Fightin2GetFit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I prefer Isopure Low Carb protein powder in the dutch chocolate flavor. 50 grams of protein per shake - can't beat that! =)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Fusion 7. it's a protein blend. so the proteins all have different absorption rates. Perfect as a meal replacement or before bed. And keeps you full at night. Cookies n Cream...sooo good.

The best I've ever tried was Ultra Peptide Cinnamon Roll. Mostly casein and slow released, but unlike normal casein that tastes abhorrent...this was incredibly good. But it was like $45 for 2 lbs.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If you remove all processed foods from your diet, Vega (and your taste in general) will adjust to more natural foods and flavours.

Vega taste great to me, but their recovery isn't that great tasting. I do think that Genuine Health Vegan and Vega are the highest quality out there. Whey is on the low scale for quality no matter how you cut it, but it's still popular, most likely b/c it's cheap. I personally can't keep whey down, and rather get it from the most natural sources of all - plants. (btw not a vegan lol).
  • skyline2055
    skyline2055 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I prefer Isopure Low Carb protein powder in the dutch chocolate flavor. 50 grams of protein per shake - can't beat that! =)
    but how much per tub?
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    BSN Lean Dessert. I bought Optimum the other week and it is so bad mixes bad, tastes bad, doesnt thicken up with my usual ingredients I add like it does with BSN...All round B.A.D
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Red 8 Whey Protein - Chocolate Flavour. Great after a gym workout.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you remove all processed foods from your diet, Vega (and your taste in general) will adjust to more natural foods and flavours.

Vega taste great to me, but their recovery isn't that great tasting. I do think that Genuine Health Vegan and Vega are the highest quality out there. Whey is on the low scale for quality no matter how you cut it, but it's still popular, most likely b/c it's cheap. I personally can't keep whey down, and rather get it from the most natural sources of all - plants. (btw not a vegan lol).

I bolded the wild accusation. I doubt you will find a study that would back this claim.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I get the brown rice/gemma pea protein from truenutrition.com. I get the vanilla birthday cake flavor and it is absolutely delicious, and comparable nutrition to whey protein. I don't love it in a shaker with plain water, but I didn't like plain whey and water either. I love this one mixed into oatmeal or in a blended smoothie. Plus, the price is way better than any other protein powder I've found!
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    Red 8 Whey Protein - Chocolate Flavour. Great after a gym workout.

Hello, fellow Kiwi here. Ive seen the Red 8 brand in the health shops. I might check it out some more and try some
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi RepsnSets. Great to see another kiwi here!

Yes, Red 8 is only sold in health shops (from what I have found). You're looking at about $40.00 for 500g. For me, I have found that to be enough because I do not go to the gym everyday and sometimes only drink it when I am super busy and miss a meal. Mixed with 400ml of water, only 97 calories and next to nothing in carbs and fat. Mixed with 400ml of trim milk, 269 calories and still next to nothing in fat but lots of carbs.
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    Hi RepsnSets. Great to see another kiwi here!

Yes, Red 8 is only sold in health shops (from what I have found). You're looking at about $40.00 for 500g. For me, I have found that to be enough because I do not go to the gym everyday and sometimes only drink it when I am super busy and miss a meal. Mixed with 400ml of water, only 97 calories and next to nothing in carbs and fat. Mixed with 400ml of trim milk, 269 calories and still next to nothing in fat but lots of carbs.

Thanks for that. Does it thicken up easily? I like failry thick protein shakes dont like to think im drinking muddy water lol
  • jewelrose3
    jewelrose3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also like the vega smoothies because they aren't made with milk. I usually mix
    With water and some fruits. The whey powders give me stomach aches.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

You've made a lot of wild and unfounded claims on MFP, but this one has to take the cake. Whey has the highest bioavailability/BV score of any protein source; also has a perfect PDCAAS score (educate yourself; Google it) of 1.0, along with egg whites, casein and soy. If you have any peer-reviewed studies which prove otherwise, feel free to post them.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    EAS Lean 15 100 Calories, 15g Protein 5g Fiber Chocolate Fudge.... mmmm yummy
  • davidrip1
    davidrip1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Aussie Bodies Protein FX Low Carb
    http://www.aussiebodies.com.au/product/proteinfx-lo-carb-powder

Easy to get (supermarkets carry it), not too expensive and gets the job done. I only have it post-workout though.
  • heather86RN
    Options
    I agree, I have always wondered why they don't make flavors like Willie Wonkas gum. Roast beef with a Baked potato and sour cream flavored shake would be delicious! And I have always wondered why they don't make Tootsie Roll Sugar Free gum. That would really be yummy.:love:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I agree, I have always wondered why they don't make flavors like Willie Wonkas gum. Roast beef with a Baked potato and sour cream flavored shake would be delicious! And I have always wondered why they don't make Tootsie Roll Sugar Free gum. That would really be yummy.:love:

Day. Freaking. Made.

:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    MRM Veggie Protein Vanilla. It's great mixed with water, so no added calories. If you've ever tried baby rice cereal, that's sort of that flavor and consistency.

It has Pea, Hemp, Rice, Flax seed, Chia seed, Antioxidants and Digestive enzymes. It's sweetened with Xylitol and Stevia.

Protein 22 grams, Calories 130