Self sabotage..

Options
2»

Replies

• womblesgirl
    womblesgirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    SNAP Ive been so bad that I have gone up a size :( So this week Ive tried to start a new routine for myself and have been getting up that bit earlier so as to go on the stationary bike for at least 20 mins. I had more or less stopped drinking water and was going for the fizzy drinks instead but Im trying to reach for just the water now when I need a drink, good or bad (so far all bad) most importantly I have been logging what I eat. I think logging everthing down makes you think about things more so I would suggest doing that, Hey if you fancy some support or handing some out lol Id be more than happy to take friend request
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Reset your calorie goals here on MFP to maintenance and start logging your food again without any pressure on yourself to be under that limit. Do it for one week, just log in every day to mark down what you're eating.

When you feel ready, try to substitute some junky options with healthier choices. Don't try and be perfect. Still eat junk food. Just not EVERY time. Log everything. Still don't pressure yourself to come under your calories, but if you can try and get close some days, that's wonderful!

Start doing one nice thing for yourself every day that doesn't involve food to make you feel better. If you're not sure what that could be, start experimenting. Bath, doing your nails, getting a haircut, getting a wax, buying a new book, a nice new blouse, masturbating, doing something artistic.... the more different options you have to draw upon, the better.

When you're ready, you can start trying to meet your daily calorie settings for weight maintenance. This will allow you to eat really yummy stuff and really healthy stuff within a reasonable balance.

Then when you're ready to put your health first and commit to losing some weight, set MFP to losing 1/2 or 1 lb per week and do it for three weeks. Set it to maintenance for the fourth week to give yourself a treat and some time to adjust to the lost weight. Or if that's too hard, do one week loss, one week maintenance and keep changing it back and forth so it doesn't feel so arduous.

You don't have to be black and white about this -- you just have to find a way to take some steps forward without taking more steps backward -- so a few steps back once in awhile is okay and part of the process. Just don't give up, keep moving forward. And sometimes that means finding stasis so you can deal with other challenges.

Use as many tools as you can to work through your mentality of self sabotage. Support group, therapy... there are lots of resources if you really want to move forward in life. Use them. And don't expect it to be perfect. You're a work in progress and progress is messy. :)

x
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I self sabotaged last night because emotionally i was upset. (nothing serious just mainly had the blues) I have always been an emotional eater. My planned out cook at home dinner was canceled and i was pouty about it. When Hubbie got home and suggested Taco Bell it sounded divine to me. (at that moment)
    After i ate i cried because i was so disappointed in myself. I had been doing so well with my choices up until then.
    Then i picked myself up off the self pity train and got my act together. I logged in the calories on my counter. I got my workout clothes on and burned off all the excess calories that i had earned on my elliptical and treadmill. I was exhausted and felt horrid after eating the Taco Belll and I documented how upset my stomach felt afterwards. (though i will admit it sure tasted good going down!!! lol) My body has changed in such a short period of healthier eating. I avoided the ice cream that was calling my name and felt better for doing something constructive.
    Point is...make a mistake...its bound to happen once or twice..but its the decisions you make afterwards that really count.

My mantra:
    Today I:
    Stop wishing,
    Start doing!
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. Don't even think of it as failure or sabotage...more like falling off your bike when you're just learning to ride a two-wheeler!

^
    |
    |
    I love this mentality. Something I'll definitely try to keep in mind for later!
  • bex0178
    bex0178 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • DHONEGGER
    Options
    I HAVE THE SAME THING, IF YOU FIGURE IT OUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW..I WISH YOU LUCK.
  • DHONEGGER
    Options
    I ALSO DO THE SAME..SO WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?