Books: Are you reading anything?

Options

Replies

• Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson.

My goal is to read at LEAST 1 book a month. I love reading, I just never make the time for it.

I have a goodreads account and i put in 100 books for the year... only done seven so far.

In my goodreads 2013 challenge, I'm at 21 of 150. I read on my treadmill.

I have a goodreads challenge too for 2013! I'm at 14 of 175. So that means that I'm a little behind.

I saw that you read a lot of YA. My all time favorite YA is the River of Time series by Lisa Tawn Bergren. I read mostly adult books because I get a little frustrated with teenage antics, specially the way girls are portrayed as extremely emotional, but the female characters of River of Time are great.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    In my goodreads 2013 challenge, I'm at 21 of 150. I read on my treadmill.
    [/quote]

I cannot do this^^
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Got about 20 pages left of "Hard as Nails" by Dan Simmons. "Raylan" by Elmore Leaonard is next.
  • lindabf1979
    lindabf1979 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by richard carlson for relaxation and to be on the edge....i should start fifty shades of grey soon, very soon, probably when my mom is out of the hospital.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    The Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry.
    I highly recommend Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Hilarious.
    Bonk by Mary Roach (the science of sex research) side splitting
    Anything by Charlaine Harris

'Mary Roach'
    didn't she write something else about corpses? i'm getting an old flash of NPR... maybe i'm mixing up the author's name...
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm actually reading Twilight again.... *blush*
    I'm a hopeless romantic okay?

Just finished Stephen King's Under The Dome though. Love Stephen King.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of audiobooks since I have a 45 minute commute. I'm working on the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay. Just finished book 2 and waiting on book 3 from the library. In the meantime, I'm listening to The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

Also working on a couple real books. New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb (book 41 of In Death series) and The Hammer of Eden by Ken Follett (not my cup of tea, but I'm going to finish it anyway)
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    'Torn' by Amanda Hocking, book 2 in the Trylle trilogy :)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    The Wind Up-Bird Chronicles - Haruki Murakami, aces so far, read Norwegian Wood and 1Q84 by him so far
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Confessions of an Economic Hitman
    by: John Perkins
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    Cold Days - Jim Butcher
    I love Dresden Files series!
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just started Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn . I read The Night Circus a while back and loved it

I read The Night Circus recently, absolutely loved it. Currently reading H P Lovecraft Omnibus 3: The Haunter of the Dark.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    1. The Cookbook Collector
    -- Started listening to the audiobook a long time ago, recently rediscovered it in book form at a library sale, and am almost finished

2. What Are You Looking At?: The Surprising, Shocking, and Sometimes Strange Story of 150 Years of Modern Art
    -- Was really interesting at first; I learned so much about the early modern art movements. But now that we're up to Minimalism & Postmoderism I'm struggling to get through it

3. Proust Was a Neuroscientist
    -- My brother-in-law got me this one for Christmas and I've started nibbling away at it
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Mutation by Robin Cook
  • Missellaneous02
    Missellaneous02 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    THE FREEDOM MANIFESTO
    by Tom Hodgkinson
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The Mortal Instruments series, I'm on book 4
  • cmotting
    cmotting Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have recently started "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott and I love it!
  • prodan28
    Options
    Haruki Murakami:blind willow,sleeping woman is a priceless book!
  • Bubble105
    Bubble105 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Gridiron by Philip Kerr... Awesome book.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Multiply by Francis Chan