Diary. Public or Private?

Options

Replies

• Flood73
    Options
    Mine's public and honest, but no one elver comments on it. I think that unless you are in forums a lot asking for help, few people will seek out your diary. I like peeking at others' diaries for delicious new food choices, though.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends. They know my specific situation. Theirs is the feedback I'm interested in.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Private, I started having issues with it being available to anyone - as in I would eat things and not want to log them because I didn't want anyone to know - yeah I have food issues I know this I am working on it.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day and still get positive comments; everyone should know that everything is ok in moderation as long as you fit it in your calories for the day you will still lose.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I set it so that my friends list can see it. I generally assume that no one is looking at it anyway, and I log my stuff as if I'm the only one who will ever see it.
  • deedee303z
    Options
    Mine is public. I eat what I eat. Who sees it won't change anything and it is of no use to me if I'm not as accurate as possible. Then again, I've never really had anyone comment on what I'm eating (nor would it really occur to me to comment on what they are eating) so I'm not particularly self conscious about it. If that did become an issue I might change my mind.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends, what does make me accountable is when I complete it for the day...people usually comment, but I've never gotten mean comments...
  • djtessatessa
    djtessatessa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i keep it private - what i eat is my business
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Mine is public because I really don't care what others think about how I eat. I can understand why some choose to keep their's private though. Personal choice; I'm good either way.
  • heidra
    heidra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i put mine on public because i like to look at what other people are eating to get ideas. i would never give unsolicited comments about what other people were or were not eating unless they asked. what amazes me when i look at other peoples diaries is how much processed food people are eating instead of going to veggies. some people never eat them!!! that to me just seems totally crazy. but to each his own.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I kept mine private for a long time, but then decided to open it up. I'm honest about what I eat, and I find it motivates me to eat healthier/better. :)
  • FatIsNotGood4Me
    FatIsNotGood4Me Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have it private, for me it really doesn't matter public or private, at the end of the day I'm the one who chooses to open my mouth and eat whatever, and if I go over my limit I just say oh well, tomorrow is a new day :) I don't stress too much about it.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends only. I'm only cheating myself if I lie on the log so no point in not being accurate. Plus having others be able to view it does help me make better choices sometimes. If I have a particularly binge-like day I always have the option of not completing it. If it doesn't complete, no one is going to go hunt down my day just so they can tell me what they think of it. :smile:
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Mine is open for ALL to see.

I don't care who sees it, critiques it or otherwise wants to get ideas from it.

If someone doesn't like what I eat, then don't look.

If someone is gonna use an idea for a meal because of my diary, then good for them.

I can not figure out WHY anyone would hide their diaries. It desn't make any sense to me. You eat, you log. People see it. Not really a big deal.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mine is public because someone once asked to take a look at it. I don't think it makes me any more or less accountable though because honestly I don't care what strangers think of what I eat. I log for me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I can not figure out WHY anyone would hide their diaries. It desn't make any sense to me. You eat, you log. People see it. Not really a big deal.

I fully understand why some people keep theirs private. There are a lot of food nazis on MFP that are quick to criticize. Some people are more sensitive to criticism than others.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have mine open to the public. No one bashes me b/c I go over or b/c I drink a few glasses of wine. Sometimes I get asked about something I ate. If I have a question about my marcronutrients or calories or foods, people can look at my diary and answer my question. Nothing worse than someone complaining that they can't lose weight, what am I doing wrong, and their diary is private. It's food for heavens sake - not your persnal life story.
  • aladams83
    Options
    Just took the leap and made my open to friends only. It can be scary but if you REALLY want to be held accountable... it def helps.
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I find it to be helpful. I would recommend it 'cause it does keep you thinking.... Hummm... They're going to know I ate this! But definitely keep it honest. The only person you fool is yourself because it will show up somewhere on your body, right?! Good Luck!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Mine is public cause I enjoy looking at others diary for ideas so I don't hide mine and I don't worry about what others think when they see what I eat. The only person I'm accountable for is me. I never liked veggies so you will hardly see me eat them, I do sometimes have raw ones which I am trying to do more of but haven't been successful lol, I do however eat fruit twice a day most days.