Any keto/low-carbers looking for friends?!

Options

Replies

• Disimpson62
    Options
    Finally had a doctor tell me to lose weight! I am borderline diabetic and need to reduce carbs in a big way! I LOVE pasta and all carbs! HELP! I am using this site to plan my menu for tomorrow...low carb life, here I come!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the low carb-high fat thing. Anyone feel free to add me. I don't have many LC'ers on my FL and I could use some more food/meal ideas.
  • kittycholera
    Options
    Started keto a few days ago! Just joined on here today. Wouldn't mind a few friend-adds. C: I'm always up for seeing others' progress and stories and general chit-chat.
  • JasonAxelrod
    JasonAxelrod Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    On Keto as well (I'm over on /r/keto, /r/loseit, /r/fitness, etc.) under the same name as here and wouldn't mind some additional connections here. It's really inspiring to see other people in the same boat.

I began my newest weight loss endeavor in November (there have been so many), when I was at my highest weight of 361.6 pounds. On the new year, I weighed in at 342 pounds and began my challenge to lose 100 pounds, down to 242 by July 1st. I am now 330 pounds as of yesterday, so I'm 12 pounds toward my goal and really excited with my progress.

Feel free to add me, folks.
    Finally had a doctor tell me to lose weight! I am borderline diabetic and need to reduce carbs in a big way! I LOVE pasta and all carbs! HELP! I am using this site to plan my menu for tomorrow...low carb life, here I come!

I've only been exploring keto recipes for about a week, but so far I've made my own relatively low-carb beef jerky (2g per ounce), cauliflower substituted mashed potatoes (4g per serving [probably around three ounces of yield per serving, I think] ), and this last one, though it no longer works for me because I'm staying below 20g of carbs per day is a really cool pasta-substitute "petite lasagna" recipe that might work for some who are allowing a bit more carbs in their daily intake (or if you'd like to just cut a serving in half, they're actually very dense and filling!).

I found it here: http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2010/11/04/petite-lasagnas/

They are basically muffin-sized lasagna servings that are made with ground turkey breast sauteed in crushed tomatoes, skim ricotta cheese, and wonton wrappers. One serving comes out to 13.6g of carbs if you follow the recipe to the number.

There are so many different keto recipes it's ridiculous. I've been meaning to look into some of the dessert recipes soon. Good luck to you!
  • rlong637
    rlong637 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The only thing that turns off the cravings is the low carb lifestyle. I do 3 days of under 20 then try to stay under 70 a day. That keeps my monster quite. you can add me as a friend :)
  • starrygirl82
    starrygirl82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Going back to low carbing after not doing anything the past 4 months. Need to get my butt in gear, any support is appreciated! :)
  • marilyn6180
    Options
    I follow a Paleo Diet. I made the change sometime before Thanksgiving. I has amazed me that I no longer have any cravings and easily stay under my calorie goals to lose the weight I need to lose. I'm 66 years old so I've had struggles for a long time. I'm gluten intolerant so I've had problems with food for most of my life. I started tracking my food on mfp after the first of the year but I hAD ALREADY LOST 15 -18 LBS.
    But my question is: Is Keto and Paleo the same? similar? I don't know enough about it. I'd love to know. Thanks.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    ME! ME! ME!! Im actually folllowing the paleo lifestyle its been a month and ive already lost 8lbs :D
  • marilyn6180
    Options
    I agree. I've turned to almond flour to my diet and am very satisfied with the pancakes, etc I can eat on my Paleo diet. I've found Paleo Cookbooks are necessary for me to get in the paleo mindset. Wish I could find an affordable almond flour though.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pramps
    Pramps Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi, I started low carb in Feb 2011 and as of November 2011 lost 70lbs. Then came the holidays and I fell off the wagon and gained about 25lbs back. Now In am starting over again. Good luck to you all and wish me luck !

You can do this! {{hugs}}
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i'm not constantly doing keto (i'll do keto for a week and then switch back to regular carbs and then back to keto etc). but i'll be friends with anyone in here.
  • M4Squared
    M4Squared Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on keto, and r/keto as well. Anyone can add me! :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Me! Doing CKD. Two weeks in. Most days around 20-30g carbs - one day a week higher. I've finally broken a 6 month period of gaining. :-)

I feel more energetic than ever.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am currently "trying" to keep my carbs under 30 grams but unfortunately I have been having some issues with that lately. Lost 27 pounds quickly from October 29 to December 31. I have stalled... Not lost but not gained either. I need to bite the bullet and lower my carbs to 20 grams to kick start everything. Please add me guys.. I could use the motivators. Most people on here hear the word low carb and they freak out on you. I try to do what works for me.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I am on a keto diet myself.Life is hard when you are an ovo-lacto vegetarian on a keto diet so it would be great to have some low carb friends for support and general chitchat :)
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    doing slow carb diet, which is not low as it involves eating beans (which qualifies as slow carb not low carb)
    but results are perfect so far.
    slow carb diet also involves one cheat day a week, which decreases a lot the cravings and allows you to enjoy saturday without worrying aout supper with friends etc...
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm prediabetic and desperately need to fight my carb/sugar addictions. Any support, advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Been doing keto since June. And planning on staying in keto for life or for as long as it keeps working for me.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too