Discount for non-bratty kids

Options

Replies

• Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Your right it is horrible to reward someone for doing the right thing; like teaching their children manners and how to act appropriately. Come on, the idea we shouldn’t reward the parents because there is other children that have behavior issues is crazy. Most behavioral issues (not autism) with children are the result of poor parenting. It is amazing you need a license to drive, hunt, fish, practice law, be a law enforcement officer, but anyone, and I mean anyone, can be a parent. Maybe rewarding people for being good parents would help make more productive people. Because we certainly don't do much to prevent bad parenting.
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: Not fair! AND WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE KIDS DO THEY GET A DISCOUNT? I TELL YOU THE WORLD JUST ISNT FAIR!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH IM WITH U GIRL!:sad: EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FAIR EVERYONE WHO PLAYS SPORTS DESERVES A TROPHY THE NINERS SHUD GET THE SAME SUPER BOWL TROPHY TOO EVEN THOUGH THEY LOST BECAUSE THEY PLAYED REALLY HARD AND TRIED THEIR BEST :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: Everyone's a winner. :cry: It's not fair if someone comes in second. :cry:

Childless patrons have their own reward. ;)
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: Not fair! AND WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE KIDS DO THEY GET A DISCOUNT? I TELL YOU THE WORLD JUST ISNT FAIR!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH IM WITH U GIRL!:sad: EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FAIR EVERYONE WHO PLAYS SPORTS DESERVES A TROPHY THE NINERS SHUD GET THE SAME SUPER BOWL TROPHY TOO EVEN THOUGH THEY LOST BECAUSE THEY PLAYED REALLY HARD AND TRIED THEIR BEST :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: Everyone's a winner. :cry: It's not fair if someone comes in second. :cry:

I agree. I don't have a child, but I have a very well behaved food baby.

... Well, maybe not so well behaved.

Food Baby!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    If your kid makes me look over at your table because of noise or for any other reason, you should be kicked out of said restaurant!

I sat next to two teenage girls (at least 15) yesterday at a restaurant singing Taylor Swift songs the whole time they were there. Can I kick them out too?

Ugh, sorry you had to endure that. They should be forced to leave the country for that *kitten*. Geeeeez.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have two sweet babies, one is 5 and the other is 2. The 2 year old will occasionally let a out a screech in public ( when he cant get his way) but I do not let that stop me from getting out of the damn house. If all parents waited until their kids were "perfect" enough to be around other people then no one with children would ever get out. I am a SAHM and I dont know anyone in my area so when I have a chance to go out and have a meal I could care less that my little one is less than "perfect". He is 2 for goodness sakes. If anyone at a restaurant or store has a problem with my child occasionally "misbehaving" they can totally suck it!! Mamas gotta live too:)

p.s. I do not let him run wild and when he does start whining I do put a stop to it. But as anyone with kids know they dont listen 100% of the time. If I can get them to listen 80% I am doing pretty good:)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I think its awesome...I don't care what the reasons are behind it...if your kids are disturbing my dining experience because they're screaming, crying or running around, I don't like it.

Its motivation to make your kids behave in public...

PS: LIFE ISN'T FAIR :noway:
    People without kids won't get that discount either, so don't try to say its "unfair" that those with disruptive screaming brats don't get a special discount!
  • sissypunks
    Options
    i kind of like this idea we have 4 kids and they know how to act in public (3,5,and 12 yr old twins) because they know what is expected of them. I always hate to go out for a nice dinner with hubby and kids and listen to somebody yell at there kids because they are being brats or letting them do what ever and totally ignoring the bad behavior . Everybody else in the restaurants NOT your babysitter the last time we went out we had a kid of about 4 run thru the establishment screaming at the top of there lungs and the parents sat there and continued to eat and ignore the behavior my 3 yr old told me "Mommy that little girl is being very bad , but I'M not " when a 3 yr old notices there is a problem!! Not enough discipline anymore its like so many people just don't care how there kids behave i feel bad for the kids because you can see that they r not being taught right from wrong and its going to greatly affect them latter in life in a bad way . Can overlook some bad behavior as long as I can see the parent is trying to stop the problem and sometimes you can tell that the child might have a disability and that's fine to its the ones that don't care that really tick me off !
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Why does everything have to be fair!. . .lord. . Life's not fair. . My kid is completely hyper. . He's a great kid and he has good manners, but he couldn't sit still if his life depended on it. .He would NOT qualify for this discount. . However, why can't we as a society let OTHER people (including privately owned businesses) do what they want!? I'll take him to beef-o-brady's where nobody cares that he's squirming in his seat. . I'm going to teach my kid not to run around looking for excuses to get his feelings hurt or finding ways to 'feel' excluded. . boo hoo. .

Go Dad! My kid is the same way
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    If your kid makes me look over at your table because of noise or for any other reason, you should be kicked out of said restaurant!

Agree!

We do not put up with that from our child. If he acts up, misbehaves or is disruptive we go home. We have only ever had to leave a restaurant one time and after that we explained very clearly to him the consequences - he has never done it again.

People who take bratty, misbehaving kids anywhere peeve me off. If you have allowed your child to grow up undisciplined don't subject everyone else to them.

As far as laughing goes, we will also encourage him to control himself a little and laugh somewhat more quietly, sorry but anything at full volume is still disruptive. Your conversation is not more important than everyone else's. If people around you can not carry on their conversations without yelling over a loud child it makes no difference to me why the child is loud. It's rude.
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Just because someone gets a reward doesn't mean that restaurant is against other children. Yes, some children have ADHD, but statistically they are the minority. Just because a child misbehaves doesn't mean that have a medical issue. People with children with these issues, I understand you have a great challenge. So would you be upset if your child is having a good day and someone recognizes it you would be upset?
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    And I've seen plenty of WELL BEHAVED special needs children in public, so I think that's a cop out excuse

Amen!

My ex-fiancee's god parents adopted because they couldn't conceive (7 children total)
    They youngest 3 all came from the same (crack head) mother - they literally were crack babies & have special needs

I went out in public with the mom many times with the kids and if her son with Autism started up, she took him outside
    They had a little quiet time and that was that
    The other little boy has severe ADHD....same thing
    He acted up, they went out to the van to calm down

Now she also only took them places that a little rowdiness was ok or like small family diners (in a small town) so everyone knew her and the kids.

Edit to add:
    My brother had/has ADHD - same rules applied to him that did me while out in public.
    Was he squirmy? sure but not disruptive - there's a difference.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options

The same should apply to adults also - unless what they are doing is hilarious and then...continue on.
  • tdhaverland
    Options
    When I first saw this post I assumed that the vast majority would state that this was not "fair". Boy was I wrong. It made fell feel good that there are people today that believe kids should be taught manners and how to "act" in public.

There maybe hope for this country yet.
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous imo.
    I have a beautiful 9 y/o brother with ODD, adhd, along with other issues and he simply can not control his emotions many times. It's beyond his control. As he's getting older, he has gotten a better hold of himself along with the help of his special education, doctors and therapists, but when he was younger and had outbursts at the grocery store, dr office, restaurant, many ppl would be total *kitten* about him. Never ever ever race to judge a child and say he/she is simply 'bratty'...there may be alot more going on.
    ...end rant ;)

OMG! Seriously people. I agree with the above. My son is a loving boy but has an autistic spectrum disorder which means he cannot manage social situations the same as so called 'normal kids'.
    The only way he will learn about the world is to be put in situations where he can see how the world works - going shopping, eating out, being in public places etc.
    Makes me so angry that people can judge and punish those that are different. Reading these posts have made me angry and very very sad! Should I never go to a restaurant with my gorgeous boy in case he annoys someone else by being 'different'!!

Rant over!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options

I think it's quite unfair....

What are your thoughts?

Life isn't fair. Stop expecting it to be.

Ding, ding, ding!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Makes me so angry that people can judge and punish those that are different.

No one is being punished.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!

Nobody is being punished by offering a discount to people with well behaved kids. They aren't charging MORE if your kids act up.
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options

If you have ever been out somewhere public with a child that doesn't conform to the norm, then it sure feels like they are being punished in one way or another. The 'tutting', the looks, the whispers and comments about bad parenting!

Meh!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Too subjective!
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    People get so upset over the craziest things :/