people can be so mean :(

Options

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful now, and I think it's awesome that you were out running!

It’s been my experience that good or bad, our actions return to us – always.

Keep on being healthy!
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    At least you're working on getting fit and losing weight... Being a dumbass is for life. The only reason ppl act like that is because THEY are insecure and trying to get you down or discourage you, makes them feel better. Use the anger you feel, to move you farther.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Lol I just want to say I'm proud of you for not screaming obscentities in his direction or throwing rocks! That would have totally pissed me off, I'd probably said a few choice things and flipped him off! I detest people that only get happiness out of making others miserable! Good for you to continue running and then coming here to tell us all about it! Now we all know what an idiot that guy is! :flowerforyou: I hope it doesn't happen again though.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    At least you're working on getting fit and losing weight... Being a dumbass is for life.

Hear, hear! It sure is. What an idiot. You just keep on running and doing what's best for you and let that guy continue to wonder why he's single.

A similar thing happened to me maybe 15 years ago...I was riding my bike up a huge hill and a car went by. In the car was a family (mom/dad/2 kids). This fat boy in the back seat rolled down his window as they passed and yelled, "MOVE OVER, LOSER!". Then, I distinctly heard mom and dad laughing (not reprimanding, not stopping and making him apologize - none of that). That kid is probably in his mid-twenties now and well on the way to having diabetes or heart disease. I am not. (Either in my mid twenties OR have diabetes or heart disease!) :laugh:

Boo to all the mean people who have to put others down. You go, girl! :drinker:
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had some kids (girls) in my neighborhood yell, run chubby run:mad: . I was so mad, Iwanted to go over and smack them. If I ever see the parents outside, I am going to tell them. Maybe they could knock some sense in the kids when they are young so they don't grow up to be mean girls.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Reading your post - a couple of things came to mind....

You're gorgeous!

I'm so proud of you for taking care of your weight NOW... instead of waiting for years to pass, like I did.

DO NOT LET THIS HINDER YOUR PROGRESS... remember, if you let it get you down... he's won! I spent most of my life feeling like, "What's the point?"

and my last thought is....

AS IF he were someone that you would consider dating... lol - what an *kitten*.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    awww sweetheart! Don't let a ratbag like him get you down :wink:

You're doing fantastically and are adorable!

It's a shame that people like that exist, but unfortunately they do...:grumble:

Get up, brush yourself down and get on with it!....hopefully Karma will sort his sorry *kitten* out :flowerforyou:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    If you have nothing nice to say don't say it! I guess he hasn't learned that yet!

Why do we judge people? When we have no idea what they are going through or where they have come from!

Karma will get him!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me one day, I was standing on the sidewalk in front of a pizza joint dobbing grease off my pizza with a napkin and some guy was like "oh yeah, look at you, like you don't eat grease" :( I cried....jerk!
    I'm sorry this happened to you, people can be terrible
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    Options
    omg what a bunch of xxxxxxxx jesus. makes me so sick that a cheap laugh to impress their friends is worth upsetting other peole for. and its only becuase they dont see the consequences, if that was their sister they want to punch the guy... weeds!
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was carrying a bunch of groceries home from the store in a backpack (I like to walk it, really not that far away, 20 minutes) and had to pick up my 4yr old and put her on my shoulders because she skinned her knee. While I was bending down to pick her up someone drove by and called me a fatty out their window.

I just try to ignore all the douche bags out there. (am I allowed to say that on here? :o )

It's hard though cause at least where I live there seems to be a lot of them!
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Do not take it to heart- although no matter what we say, of course you are going to, it's a natural emotion to go through. No matter how many positive things people have said to you, they can all be dashed in one hurtful comment.
    This person probably couldn't even see you, he was in a dang car!
    Some people feel the need to put others down to make themselves feel better and look the big "I-am" in front of others, it's a way of boosting thier own ego (because I doubt anyone is going to boost it for them!)

The other day I was out in a club, and several guys decided it would be amusing to tell me how disgusting I look and no wonder I am single etc.
    The fact being that I wouldn't have been interested in these guys had they been nice is besides the point.
    But just put it down to immaturity and feel sorry for them rather than yourself, these people obviously have so little self esteem that they boost themselves by insulting others.
    You are doing so well. Keep it up. ^_^
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options
    Awww...I send you a kleenex with aloe and gently wipe the tears away. You and your inner athletic should know THAT WILL BE THE SAME GUY WHO WHISTLES AT YOU IN A FEW MONTHS!!! ((laughing!))

I'm glad you posted that experience here. Bravo for getting through that experience and growing stronger from it!!! Keep running and doing what you love to find the best, most beautful you! :heart:

(He bought himself a Bad Karma coin - too bad because he can run, but he can't hide from karma!
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options

The other day I was out in a club, and several guys decided it would be amusing to tell me how disgusting I look and no wonder I am single etc.

As I mentioned...these are the fools that will be ooooogling over you when you are strutting your new body! They are lonely souls who probably get dumped and take it out on people.
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thankyou very much- just frustrating after losing so much weight and being still deemed as disgusting and fat etc.
    However I try not to let it get to me anymore, for every nice person there are several buttheads it would seem .. just have to take the nice with the nasty and all get on! ^_^
  • NoDayButToday
    Options
    What a douche bunny. Like he was hot ****.... Whatever.
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    Two words: Pepper Spray. :)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Eeek....sorry...tried to fix a typo, and double posted...:indifferent:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Two words: Pepper Spray. :)
    I second that and also suggest a nice compact taser for those situations where some butthead gets up in your face to shove their opinion down your throat. Lets see how cool they look twitching on the floor and peeing their pants in front of their crew.:devil:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,661 Member
    Options
    What that guy did was mean. Really mean. I try to remind myself (and my kids) that people who resort to such behavior are probably pretty miserable already, so I don't think pepper spray or a taser would accomplish anything.