Weight Loss Pet Peeves?

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Waiting for your plateaus to be over so that you can FINALLY see a drop because you have been doing EVERYTHING right!!!

This, plus people telling you that you must be logging wrong/cheating if you're not losing the weight, but you're weighing/measuring and logging every thing that goes into your mouth - EVERYTHING.
  • reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    AWESOME POST!! :smile: I HATE WHEN people at work tell me i workout to much or am obsessed with my weight... really ?? because when i was pounding down wings,fries,fried foods, and whatver else you made sure not to say anything then.. i think they are jealous.. im not obsessed with my weight i just am not lazy ..... and i want to feel better about myself! so my point is..... i hate when people comment negatively on my healthy life style change lol
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    My only real pet peeve on weight loss is watching others without any health related reasons eating far below what their body needs to function. I feel so concerned for those people yet if you comment about it they feel like you are attacking their diet.... Nope I just give an opinion to be taken or left but I leave that opinion because I genuinely care and don't want to see them hurt themselves this way.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Biggest peeve is that I'm now freezing cold all the time. I now have to wear jumpers! :laugh:
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hate how my husband says I am obsessed with counting calories and sodium. I have to be conscious of what I am putting into my body so I can continue to lose weight and get healthy. Logging everything I eat has helped so I will continue to do it even if people think I am weird and overly obsessed about it.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    People asking me my secret and then acting as if "diet and exercise" sounds too good to be true.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I hate the saggy diaper jeans look when you are in between sizes and can't fit in a size smaller.

What? You saw me today? :embarassed:

Lol, no but I am sure people saw my saggy but walking around lol. At least it isn't only me.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is having to buy a whole new wardrobe. I have a business trip at the end of April and all of my dress clothes are too big and I can't buy new ones yet because I don't know if I will drop even more weight by then and be another size smaller.

Plus, I am always cold. I am sitting here freezing right now.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I hate the saggy diaper jeans look when you are in between sizes and can't fit in a size smaller.

What? You saw me today? :embarassed:

Lol, no but I am sure people saw my saggy but walking around lol. At least it isn't only me.

I walked into work the other day in those exact pants and a co-worker looked at me and said, "You need to buy new pants, those are too big."
    I didn't know how to respond, so I just smiled and said, "Yeah, I know"
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say that "muscle weighs more than fat". Not true. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. A pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat. A pound of muscle burns more calories per hour/day than a pound of fat. But neither of those facts mean that muscle weighs more than fat.
  • tmgider
    Options
    My biggest peeve is that not one of my co-workers have noticed that I have lost 40 lbs!
  • tmgider
    Options
    I hate when people say that "muscle weighs more than fat". Not true. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. A pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat. A pound of muscle burns more calories per hour/day than a pound of fat. But neither of those facts mean that muscle weighs more than fat.

So true!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    every time I see someone "loosing" weight makes me think about those adorable Adiposes! geeky me! :tongue:
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options

This^^^ Been bothering me all day :ohwell:
  • Subowski
    Options
    People being scornful when I politely decline junk food or cake or whatever at work, saying "you don't need to lose weight". Seriously? I'm 205 lbs with a body fat percentage of 50%...are you blind? Why not say nothing?

What I hate MORE though, is people suggesting that I'm "fishing for compliments" if I mention that I'm trying to make healthier choices and drop some weight. Again, see above...I am not a frail waif, my only eating disorder is compulsive scoffing. I don't need you to reassure me that I'm svelte and tiny because it is blatantly not true, and in any case I'm usually just making conversation or trying to get a laugh...
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Realizing that said saggy jeans are inching south, taking saggy underwear with them!

Ohh and the cold!

Ohh and.. being in line at the supermarket behind a skinny, skinny person, who looks like they'll fall over if the wind blows and realized that all they have in their cart is JUNK
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

It does weigh more than fat BY VOLUME, which I assume is what everyone is talking about. A cubic inch of muscle weighs more than a cubic inch of fat.

That being said, my pet peave is when people say, "it's been so easy for him to lose weight because he's a guy and they lose weight so much easier than we (women) do." Taking completely out of the equation the months of running in the cold and rain and constantly being careful not to eat the things I really want to eat.
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I hate the false ideas that 1200 calories (including this site) is the only way to lose weight.

I hate that (mainly women) think that lifting weights will make them bulk up and grow a penis, when lifting weights and cardio actually is better for weight loss goals.

I hate that I become so obsessed with the weight on the scale that I weigh myself over, and over and over again.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have had most of the above happen as well. My biggest peeve though was this guy, who was a personal trainer, now 50 pounds to lose gets on here and within two days starts acting like he's the poindexter in the classroom that never got a problem wrong telling everyone about their diaries... He actually had the nerve to question my protein intake as low... I teach health and biology and I don't know all the answers and I was the biggest hypocrite teaching health. My macros are 40% carb/30% fat/30% protein and 1500 +/- 100 calories per day... My blood pressure has gone from 145/95 to 122/82 and I've dropped 128 pounds in seven months... the first of July is when I started this and he's trying to disect my diary and assess me? Really? I told him to remove the beam before he goes looking for motes!

You , Sir, are an inspiration! Particularly for pointing out the improvement in blood pressure - an amazing achievement.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    When people who supposedly love me make comments about being "too thin" or looking old or sick. GEEZ! Jealous????

Also, being 100% consumed with what I put in my mouth - I feel like I drive everyone around me nuts writing every little thing down and asking every restaurant about calories, etc. lol