Ok so Americans are goofy!

Canadians are silly!

but the British are Great?

cos we got to do the whole spectrum!!

Being from Wales in Great Britain then I am going to vote for us yay! :laugh:

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    The British have this funny language that I can't understand. I need to buy the Rosetta Stone for the Queen's English in order to know half of what you blokes are talking about! (it's a running joke with my Brit friends)
  • I love the British, I only wish they spoke English.... :tongue:
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    The British have this funny language that I can't understand. I need to buy the Rosetta Stone for the Queen's English in order to know half of what you blokes are talking about! (it's a running joke with my Brit friends)

I am a girly and we speak just peeeeeerrrrfect :-)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    And everyone always forgets Australia...

sad_keanu_reeves_meme_35.jpg
  • twinketta
    I love the British, I only wish they spoke English.... :tongue:

SusieQ...I speak perfect English, just you foreigners can`t understand haha!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member

I actually love listening to Australians and New Zealanders speak..
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Uh yeh Australia...

Back to the Brits, we're simply fabulous!!
  • twinketta

Aww don`t cry, you Australians have all the British convicts that went over there in way back when :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyinnotime

Aww don`t cry, you Australians have all the British convicts that went over there in way back when :flowerforyou:

AND all the people that haven't managed to sort their lives out here are happy to go to Australia
  • twinketta

Back to the Brits, we're simply fabulous!!

Just the best :wink:
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member

AND all the people that haven't managed to sort their lives out here are happy to go to Australia

Well, we are a very lazy people. So they've picked the right place!
  • twinketta
    Come on you guys from UK ...get on board we got to stick up for ourselves :laugh:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Arrrrrrrrrrgghhhhh! There's no such thing as a 'British' accent - Britain is a collection of separate countries with very different accents (and some with different languages - be careful not to upset the Welsh!).
  • skinnyinnotime
    Come on you guys from UK ...get on board we got to stick up for ourselves :laugh:

It's Friday night, they're at the pub
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member

Wish my ancestors had been wrong-uns, I'd rather be in Oz for sure
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Arrrrrrrrrrgghhhhh! There's no such thing as a 'British' accent - Britain is a collection of separate countries with very different accents (and some with different languages - be careful not to upset the Welsh!).

Not to mention that each country of the British Isles has several (if not hundreds) of varying accents and dialects. For example if you take some one from Manchester and someone from Newcastle and asked a non-Brit to tell you where the two people were from they would be unlikely to even get the right nation let alone county lol
  • twinketta

It's Friday night, they're at the pub
    ROFL I did actually think that as I was typing....dang rats and sinking ship come to mind!!!

Maybe tomorrow in about 12 hours or so they may come to the rescue lol!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    True. I would usually be at the pub at this time on a Friday if it wasn't for a nasty cold (she said in her indignant Manc accent!!!)
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    I'm a Brit who has lived in America for 20 years. I speak English AND American!

But time to go to the pub now. Errr... bar.
  • twinketta
    True. I would usually be at the pub at this time on a Friday if it wasn't for a nasty cold (she said in her indignant Manc accent!!!)

Am originally from Manc so will send some tissues and a hug for you!!!