Anybody taking a "free" day this weekend?

Options

Replies

• freckledginger15
    freckledginger15 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's are definitely my free days. I don't go to the gym on those days so I find it extra relaxing. I still watch what I eat though. Tonight I had Chinese food as a treat because I haven't eaten any junk food in about two weeks. It's good to have a free day every once in a while or once a week :)
  • candirose69
    Options
    Just got invited out for chinese new years with my friends big Indonesian family...I have 1300 cals left for dinner...still pretty sure I'll be over, Chinese new year is worse than Christmas for me food wise -.-
    Very excited all the same :)
  • mattyb1971
    Options
    Yes, but it was an accident. :(
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    Yep!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Probably a free meal on Sunday...we are going out with friends to celebrate our anniversaries t o a good western style steakhouse. So I will eat lots of protein.....
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I think I will save my free day for my birthday and then I will have a steak and potato and a small piece of cake.

My husband is away at work, he will miss my birthday and valentines day so I will be careful in the calories but have my favorites.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think I might take Saturday off but most likely not. Working out is the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    This appears to be my theme this weekend. I was 800 calories over today and tomorrow is bar night so I must eat natchos and have a few Long Island ice teas right?
  • CindyOpat
    CindyOpat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe not a free day...but I think tomorrow I'll have a piece of cake at my daughter-in-laws baby shower tomorrow. I'm throwing it, and I'll probably burn off enough calories cleaning house to make up for it! I've stayed under my calorie limit ever since I started this on Jan 18, and I've lost 11 lbs! :flowerforyou:
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Last weekend was a free weekend for me so I am back on the wagon! And 2 pounds down!!! :bigsmile:
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday for me too, I log, but I don't exercise
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Maybe not a free day...but I think tomorrow I'll have a piece of cake at my daughter-in-laws baby shower tomorrow. I'm throwing it, and I'll probably burn off enough calories cleaning house to make up for it! I've stayed under my calorie limit ever since I started this on Jan 18, and I've lost 11 lbs! :flowerforyou:

Good for you! Sounds like a fun day tomorrow too:)
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    I don't take free days..but free meals or snacks all the time..I'm not going to each healthy every day. For this to be a lifestyle change. I have to be realistic..I'm going to eat pizza, cookies, fast food, candy bars, coca cola, etc every once in awhile..I just need to learn to eat healthy meals 75% of the time and exercise on a regular basis. I've done the strict, eat healthy foods programs 100% of the time and did lose weight..But when the program ended. I eventually gained it back...Everything in moderation is how I'm going to look at it..
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    yep. Pigged out today. Had 3 banana muffins that a patient at my work made us. Then took our 3 nephews out for a fun night, and we went to A&W where i had a big burger, fries and a huge root beer. Then we went bowling, and afterwards picked up snacks, and I got salt and vinegar chips and chocolate milk. I have a "bad" day once in a while. I love food way to much to ever deprive myself of the yummy goodness.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I don't want to say who is likely to hit their goal and who isn't, but...

No. I've had 4 cheat days in 7 months. One was Christmas, one was Thanksgiving, one was my birthday (I got a pizza), one was by accident early on when my parents came in from out of state (Chinese food).

I don't see why people want to potentially ruin working hard for 6 days with a regular binge day that will undo at least half the days you worked so hard for, To be honest, it's a cop out. It's lazy. It's weak. I suppose if you have relaxed your goals and are ok with slow progress then by all means go for it, but if you really want to lose weight and not be fat and get in shape, you shouldn't even WANT cheat days.
  • minniemichele
    minniemichele Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i do take a free day every week. i have found that i stay in balance the rest of the week and i don't binge at all. i have lost 19 lbs and have been very motivated to keep up my exercise goals. i know this does not work for everyone but if it does don't feel bad.
  • amychang509
    amychang509 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

No. I've had 4 cheat days in 7 months. One was Christmas, one was Thanksgiving, one was my birthday (I got a pizza), one was by accident early on when my parents came in from out of state (Chinese food).

I don't see why people want to potentially ruin working hard for 6 days with a regular binge day that will undo at least half the days you worked so hard for, To be honest, it's a cop out. It's lazy. It's weak. I suppose if you have relaxed your goals and are ok with slow progress then by all means go for it, but if you really want to lose weight and not be fat and get in shape, you shouldn't even WANT cheat days.

Health is an overarching goal encompassing physical as well as mental harmony.
    Please do not tell somebody they are weak for wanting food. Everybody has their own journey and their own way of getting there.
    Many people who use this program, like me, just want to lose a few pounds, keep track of what they're putting in their bodies, and in general use this program as a means of self-improvement and striving towards happiness, whatever that means.
    It makes me happy to see that you've made so much progress in your goals, but not everybody has the same goals as you.
    Please never shame others like that and call them fat and weak. It's cruel and unnecessary, and if anything might make us feel like giving up altogether.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    No, I'm actually recovering from the stomach flu right now so I'm trying to ease back into eating normal food (had chicken tonight after 3 days of nothing but soup and saltines). So, I'll likely stick with somewhat easy to eat foods.

Next weekend some friends and I are having a season finale party (for MLP FIM) at a pub so next weekend I will have a free day! :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Not food wise, but I'm getting my drink on and not tracking it and I haven't exercised.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Health is an overarching goal encompassing physical as well as mental harmony.
    Please do not tell somebody they are weak for wanting food. Everybody has their own journey and their own way of getting there.
    Many people who use this program, like me, just want to lose a few pounds, keep track of what they're putting in their bodies, and in general use this program as a means of self-improvement and striving towards happiness, whatever that means.
    It makes me happy to see that you've made so much progress in your goals, but not everybody has the same goals as you.
    Please never shame others like that and call them fat and weak. It's cruel and unnecessary, and if anything might make us feel like giving up altogether.

Agreed. The self righteous tone and shaming doesn't fly. good for you, you do your thing but back off other people and their methods and goals,