Replies

• 1987RFS
    1987RFS Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Have you considered rabbit?
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'd like a copy of that negative calorie list if anyone has it floating around...

My unicorn holds onto a copy of that list. I'll check later and see if I can get it and send it to you.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Have you considered rabbit?

I read somewhere that rabbit protein contains all the necessary amino acids wheras other meats just contain some of em.

Needs quite a lot of cooking though, I find. Its one of the things that I will quite happily stuff my face with, but the rest of my family will turn their noses up at.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Kangaroo is high in protein and lean.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I was just about to suggest Roo! Yum.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Yes, that is very true but because of the lack of fat, can be difficult to cook for the uninitiated.

My recommendation to the OP is to explore some plant based protein sources such as tofu and tempeh.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I can cook kangaroo. Kangaroo is Aussie. Bbq it. If you have to Yank it up use your George Forman grill or whatever his name is.
  • Hlami
    Hlami Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in south Africa... Ostrich is easily found. Its low low low in fat, but looks and cooks and tastes like red meat...
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Tofu, I'm not full vegan but people really should try to incorporate vegan dishes into meals. There are TONS of recipes. Try some :wink:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I really need to read more carefully...

I read this twice as "SO SICK OF CHILDREN."

:noway:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'd like a copy of that negative calorie list if anyone has it floating around...

My unicorn holds onto a copy of that list. I'll check later and see if I can get it and send it to you.

Thanks! Just follow the trail of unicorn poop...

unicorn-poop-cookies.jpg
  • rluedtke
    Options
    white fish- cod, halibut, tilapia. Tuna (fresh or packed in water).
  • MegaPaopu
    MegaPaopu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One thing (among many!) I love about sushi is that the fish is lean, and the veggies are good for you! ^.^ Since I know for a fact you're a sushi lover.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Yes, that is very true but because of the lack of fat, can be difficult to cook for the uninitiated.

My recommendation to the OP is to explore some plant based protein sources such as tofu and tempeh.
    kind regards,

Ben

So, I'll think of them as really big rabbits then, tatse-wise. :bigsmile:

Kangaroos not so common here in Britain - but I believe there are colonies of wallabies that descend from some zoo escapees knocking about. I'll get my rifle......
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    I read the thread title as "SO SICK OF CHILDREN!"

I thought, "ME TOO!" :laugh:

Carry on.

Funny! I love children, but I don't think I could eat a whole one :smile:
  • jmosery
    Options
    How many grams of protein do you need to reach a day?

Full fat Greek yogurt and cottage cheese has 20 grams

A protein shake has another 20 gram

Tilapia or most fish have another 20 gram

Or more for all of these .

I dice chicken in a salad with avacado and feta for lunch.

Almonds also have good fats and protein. I forget how much protein
  • jmosery
    Options
    I have 45 grams of protein before lunch.

i have a protein shake after my workout at 7am- 20 grams

i have a cup of full fat yogurt or cottage cheese(20 grams) with some slivered almonds and 100 grams of berries(5 grams)- 25 total

i also eat low carb(try and stay under 60-70 carbs a day

for lunch i have 3-4 oz. of diced chicken or tuna fish in my salad with avacado, feta(totally masks the protien which I also get sick of)

and i usually like 3-4 oz. of red meat or high protein for diner with a vegetable

can easily get 120 grams of protein a day

if I eat low carb I need to eat high fat too or i'm starving.
  • stephaburch
    stephaburch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • stephaburch
    Options
    try grilled shrimp if you like that... it's on the Negative Calorie list which is awesome!

The negative calorie list...???

Total load of hooey, there no such thing as a "negative calorie food". It's a weight loss myth.
  • stephaburch
    Options
    try grilled shrimp if you like that... it's on the Negative Calorie list which is awesome!

The negative calorie list...???

Total load of hooey, there no such thing as a "negative calorie food". It's a weight loss myth.

I use it everyday... I love it... you can't eat only these foods of coarse but when I do I don't add them to my total calories... works for me great!!! here is a website you can check out for yourself with a good list.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/negative-calorie-foods.html