Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I m 51 and have lost 18 stone -- 3 stones 6 times !! every 5 years :/ Ok I exaggerate a bit sometimes it was only 2 stones ... but that is my story , i was tiny in 2007

This time round i am throwing away my big clothes and it is staying off .. I mean it ! how do I know ? because this time I have built in exercise to my daily routine and i am loving it , and i have also given up alcohol and feel so much better

5.2 kilos (11 ls) lost so far this year ...

feel free to add me as a friend, I am finding the support i get in here invaluable ,

I would love advice on how to tone .. anyone know how ?
  • Janiebaby29
    Options
    Me , lol , I turned 50 in November , I've always been slimmish except for when I was waiting for my spinal fusion op and was at my heaviest 2 years ago when I was 10 st 7 , I'm now 8 st 8 but would like to get back down to under 8 stone .i do gym twice a week. Some of you look like you are doing well x feel free to add me xx
  • GraphicAddict
    GraphicAddict Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm mentally about 45 but actually 59. Been 'trying' since Jan 1. Lost about 11 lbs but currently stuck. I know I'm in the danger zone where it all becomes too much effort and I fall off the wagon. Been there many times before. Lost it all once before (4 stone) and put it right back on.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    41yrs here - stuck on 50lbs and really want to lose another 20+ but it is proving to be extremely damn difficult!
  • lynnmaylia
    lynnmaylia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi i am 49 and will be 50 next month i have lost 8 lb so far but i still have 20 lb to lose ,feel free to add me
  • Recipenut
    Options
    Morning, I am soon to be 49 lost 75lbs 13 years ago. I have gained 15lb in the 6 months so back on track and it requires more work but the benefits of eating healthy and doing exercises outweighs falling back on old habits. Don't give up and just change your lifestyle and the first thing you'll know it will be just a daily routine and you will not even notice.
  • starfuryzeta
    Options
    I was 1 month shy of 40 when I started my weight loss journey. I'm now half way to 43 and I'm maintaining my loss through use of MFP and Fitbit. Feel free to add me.
  • gardenbird
    gardenbird Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be turning "50" in a few months which is why I am here. My boss told me about this site and it is helping me a lot! Good luck to you and all on this site!! :happy: :happy:
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    yes. i have managed to find about 25 pounds over the past 7 years, and I would like to lose it. I am nearly 49 and I really don't want to get to 50 with this extra baggage. It seems like every pound I add is exponentially harder to lose than the last one. I am now committed to exercising at least 3 times a week (love Zumba!) and have started juicing (with fruits and veggies!). The Juice really seems to help my sweets addiction, and I feel great- now I just need to see some results on the scale! :smile:
  • jojo13jojo
    jojo13jojo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI, yes im 42 and need to lose a few stone, its a struggle.:smile:
  • bonniek1965
    Options
    Hi, 47 years old, trying to lose about 65 lbs. Please add me
  • bblen2004
    bblen2004 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and have battled weight most my life. If you need any freinds you can friend me.
  • misymousie
    Options
    Hello fitness pal friends! Congrats to all for making a change in the way you eat now that you have this site.
    I have few friends on here and would like more. Please add me! :flowerforyou:
  • lindaewoods55
    lindaewoods55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Boy, I realized I'm almost out of my fifties, yikes. Better shift my weight loss and exercise into high gear. Thank goodness for the support and stories on this site. I am 57 and just joined a few minutes ago. Have already read quite a few stories in a number of groups. Very enjoyable. Linda
  • lindaewoods55
    lindaewoods55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 60 lbs to lose and my focus has got to be one pound at a time or I will beat myself up.:ohwell:
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be 50 in 2 weeks and I need to lose about 85 pounds. Been hard the last few weeks. I have lost my motivation, but I still log onto MFP everyday.
  • mariasirianni
    mariasirianni Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will turn 47 in a few days and battling against my overweight :-(
  • heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 - I need to shed 13lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    I am. Boy, what a battle!!!