Blizzard 2013

Options

Replies

• Jubee31
    Jubee31 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Pickering, ON and we've had about 40 cm.
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in Connecticut, and it looks like we got about 2.5ft - 3 ft!?

Edit: This is not the best picture, but it's of my back deck. Can't open the door!
    djhfdslfh_zpsc474c855.jpg
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    In Nova Scotia and we are currently getting a blizzard. Up to and possibly passing 40 centimeters. Getting both storms from Ontario and the States. A lot of exercise in my future lol.
  • kcatlin9
    kcatlin9 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This blizzard is crazy. Over 2 feet just from observation. Heading out now to begin moving it.

When I was a kid, I had to shovel out from the blizzard of '78. I swore as a kid I would own a snowblower as an adult and thank God I do. It will be worth every penny today!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    I'm in Boston, where I am we have about 6 inches. We're in a State of Emergency, and there is a travel ban with a $500 fine for being on the roads unless you are considered "essential". I'm just getting bored at home

sounds like the state is hard up for money:wink:
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    65 degrees and sunny in Savannah,Ga. I don't miss living in the Northeast.:drinker:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    65 degrees and sunny in Savannah,Ga. I don't miss living in the Northeast.:drinker:

Amen...in North GA here.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

The snow started here just after midnight today and still coming down. Winds are crazy with gusts at 80 km/h. So far 25 cms with another 15-20 expected before tomorrow morning. There is a drift in my driveway thats 3 feet tall! We still have power, luckily :)
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Amen...in North GA here.
    I'm going sledding in Central Park! Have fun at the mall.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    annapolise valley nova scotia and we have about 20cm atm, it started about 1 am and it is now 10 am and the worst is yet to come apparently. We were told it will be about 40cm by the time it is done.
    We are also getting hit with another storm on tuesday lol.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    This blizzard is crazy. Over 2 feet just from observation. Heading out now to begin moving it.

When I was a kid, I had to shovel out from the blizzard of '78. I swore as a kid I would own a snowblower as an adult and thank God I do. It will be worth every penny today!

Man I remember that one. OMG...I was diving off telephone poles into the snow bank. Snow banks were as high at the roof tops on garages. WOW, what a storm. Glad I'm in the south now.
  • grabenson7
    Options
    In the UK and just been looking at the news, some places in the usa look bad were going to get the tail end of this starting sunday, so im hopeing we get plenty so i can stay in bed monday morning.
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Drizzling in south west England. Don't like drizzle.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    off to go sledding!!
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I wish I was getting so much snow!! I'd be out there playing in it in no time, and coming in for cocoa after.
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    29 or so inches in Portland, Maine so far- we still have an estimate 10 or so coming. I'm further north, thankfully! I'd say around 18 inches, but it's super hard to tell due to the 3 foot snow drifts..
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Here I thought this was a WoW forum...nm....
  • pink_ribbon_1
    pink_ribbon_1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm right outside of Boston. Hard to tell the snow total with the drifts, but it looks solidly above the 2-foot mark and still coming down.

It's been really hard to stay focused on my diet...er...LIFESTYLE change ( ;-} ) when cooped up with kids. Hopefully I'll get some exercise today from all the shoveling.

Have fun! Be warm, be safe !
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    20 min North of Boston and as of now we have about 2 feet and still falling. It is 9am now and it is supposed to stop this afternoon. The winds are high and the snow drifts are really amazing. The cars have nothing on the roof and only one side of the car is covered but in between the cars is rough. I live in a condo complex so they come around and plow but everyone needs to move their car at some point. I am going out now with my HRM :) to shovel out the walkways and whatnot and get a burn in. Something about a bliizzard that makes me not want to do conventional exercise.
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and we've had 40cm + / 16in +. It was 40 this afternoon but it didn't stop snowing after we measured.

^ same here! It snowed 18 hours!