Need motivation- cant stay away from chocolates :((

Options
hello everyone, am new to MFP and am determined to shed 10kgs by end early April. I started Gym and exercise 3 times a week.I also watch my diet carefully.Problem is i can stay away from chocolate.any advise how i can be more discipline?or find an alternative?

thanks

Replies

• coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hello, my advice would be to not buy chocolate!! I'm crazy about cereal,but i notice if I don't buy the kind i like I don't eat it!! Also there are chocolates out there that are ok to eat sometimes. Dark chocolate is good for you. Best of luck and feel free to add me:)
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate, too. Mainly baked goods (brownies, cakes). I found VitaCakes in the freezer section, they're little brownies that stay frozen, and you microwave them. They only have 50 calories, and less sugar and more vitamins than an apple!

My advice would be NOT to try and cut chocolate out all together. I find if you deny yourself a certain food, it just makes you crave it more.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I agree - don't buy chocolate and stay away from that area of the store for now. Have chocolate on very special occasions, like your birthday.
  • tmcc70
    tmcc70 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding would be a good alternative :). It's only 60 calories. I also Iike no sugar added icecream, however it does have a few more calories.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow chocaholic! I found milky way magic stars fun size bags have less than 70 cals each, and you feel like you're really eating chocolate (as opposed to cakes/puddings etc) I seem to need a daily chocolate fix and this does the trick.
    Also if you don't buy it you can't eat it!
    I have to have chocolate in the house as I have 2 small kids and a husband who can't live without it, so I try to buy chocolate I'm not that fond of for them :)
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I feel you pain! I find what works for me is a 90 Calorie Fiber 0ne brownie bar. Good luck!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Find a low-calorie chocolate treat that's satisfying to you. Then, plan to have it in the evening. That way, you have something to look forward to. It could be a hot chocolate, a homemade chocolate shake (with ice, milk and chocolate syrup) or some other alternative that won't do too much damage.
  • patnj
    patnj Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    we buy a high quality chocolate bar... and eat 3 squares ( 1 row ) - slowly- every night for desert/snack. it's not a lot of bad calories. it's tasty - it feels like a reward for a day well done
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    There's a challenge that I think you would like.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/974-fast-food-be-gone.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Find a low-calorie chocolate treat that's satisfying to you. Then, plan to have it in the evening. That way, you have something to look forward to. It could be a hot chocolate, a homemade chocolate shake (with ice, milk and chocolate syrup) or some other alternative that won't do too much damage.
    I completely agree with this! :wink:
  • AmandaDawnRN
    AmandaDawnRN Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a chocolate lover too. Here's a thread where I got lots of great suggestions:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/885254-chocolate-lover-need-suggestions

So far I bought fudge popcicles (40 calories each) and some dark chocolate baking chips.

I do agree with not bring high cal chocolate items in your home if you know that it is difficult for you to have in moderation.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    For me it's all or nothing with chocolate so to keep me on track I choose nothing! I can go weeks/months without chocolate and I'm fine but then if I had 1 chocolate bar I'd want more. So I never buy it, it's never in the house to tempt me.

I admire people who can use the words 'chocolate' and 'moderation' in the same sentence. :laugh:
  • 1964Lynn
    Options
    I like chocolate also, so I bought choc frozen yogart. Its just like icecream and 1 cup is only 180
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I worked for a very well known chocolate company for a while. I got to visit the factories where the chocs were made....when I saw how long these chocs sit around for before being sold it put me right off, for example they will start making Easter Eggs a whole year ahead, bleurgh.
  • Doreen88cher
    Options
    Thank You all beautiful Ladies-its a real encouragement and motivation for all your tips :))
    I will try to stay away from them and update everytime i manage to go 1week chocolate free :))

I am from kenya- feel free to add me up..

Thanks lovelies,...
  • Phat_Bottom_Girl
    Options
    Hello my names Shelly,and in a chocoholic.: (
  • puggzley6
    Options
    i was eating chocolate as I read this - definitely a shared problem
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Just dont have it around.

And no substitute for exercise.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    we buy a high quality chocolate bar... and eat 3 squares ( 1 row ) - slowly- every night for desert/snack. it's not a lot of bad calories. it's tasty - it feels like a reward for a day well done

That's what I do- fortunately I'm able to eat a small quantity and then stop. DH bought me chocolates for my birthday and I'll be fine- one per day. They'll last a long time but he knows that's how I eat them.
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    For me it's all or nothing with chocolate so to keep me on track I choose nothing! I can go weeks/months without chocolate and I'm fine but then if I had 1 chocolate bar I'd want more. So I never buy it, it's never in the house to tempt me.

I admire people who can use the words 'chocolate' and 'moderation' in the same sentence. :laugh:

I totally agree, Out of sight out of Mind! :)