Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    The logging in and tracking is half the battle since it shows where and how you can improve.
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!!
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Check out a group I'm in - Menopausal Mad Hatters. Really funny ladies in our 40's and 50's. I check it out every day just to see what they're all up to.
  • mabolst1
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 44. I have struggled with weight loss for as long as I can remember...I notice now it doesn't come off as fast as it used to! I go to my local TOPS chapter and I just recently joined Planet Fitness(my birthday present to myself). I have a long way to go---I hope to lose about a 85 lbs. Best wishes to all of us :)
  • ricklperry
    Options
    I'm 42 and lost 22 pounds so far. Got about 30 to go.
  • PVBGRL63
    Options
    Hi I am 49 (will be 50 in 16 weeks) and I am trying to lose weight . My doctor wants me to be 163 lbs. ("Government" guidelines); I want to be 130 lbs. I am 47 lbs. from that but just 14 lbs. from what my MD wants me to be. So Please feel free to comment on my blogs and my topics.
  • Chula1962
    Options
    Just turned 50 and got at least 50 to lose.....one pound = one year ......48 years to go !
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! 41yr old
  • Marti69
    Options
    Hello, I am a 43 yr old and I now that I am in my 40's I find it hard to lose weight...I also have Fibromyalgia, which at times makes it hard to do anything..since being diagnosed with Fibro I have gained over 30 pounds, and I really want it gone...I'm recent graduate with an assoc.degree in Medical Science so I do understand the health benefits to staying fit..I recently started to go walking bout 30 min a day & my sis introduced me to Keen Walking sticks and boy do they work..so I look forward to helping and hoping to encourage others in my situation....
  • Marti69
    Options
    gr8 job..keep it up
  • jkblack61
    Options
    I'm 52 and I've lost 23 pounds so far. I have lots of pounds to go, but I'm feeling encouraged.
  • nell598
    nell598 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and it's definately a battle!
  • christinechipman
    Options
    Hello I just turned 51 years old. I have about 20 pounds to lose. I just quit smoking again last time is how i gained the weight don"t want to gain anymore this time. Just found this website this morning great to have a tool to keep track of the foods I eat during the day. It sure adds up fast!
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    I am 45 and trying to lose 150 pounds. lost 5 so far. feel free to add me ;)
  • Marti69
    Options
    Hello, I am a 43 yrs old and I now that I am in my 40's I find it very hard to lose weight...I also have Fibromyalgia, which at times makes it hard to do anything..since being diagnosed with Fibro I have gained over 30 pounds, and I really want it gone...I'm recent graduate with an assoc.degree in Medical Science so I do understand the health benefits to staying fit..I recently started to go walking bout 30 min a day & my sis introduced me to Keen Walking sticks and boy do they work..so I look forward to helping and hoping to encourage others in my situation.... ...feel free to add me..let's do this:flowerforyou:
  • DHONEGGER
    Options
    HI, I'M 48 AND TRYING TO LOSE 75 POUNDS. I HAVE AN EATING PROBLEM. I LIKE TO BINGE AND CAN'T STOP MYSELF. I'VE GAINED 55 POUNDS IN THE LAST YEAR. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY HELPFUL THINGS YOU MIGHT HAVE EXPERIENCED. THANK YOU.
  • ldavi87
    ldavi87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Leann and 42 and trying to lose about 50lbs again... I had lost over 100 lbs in 2004 -2005 gained most back and now need to drop it again I miss the way it made me feel.. feel free to add me... I need all the support I can get...
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • yankeegirl233
    Options
    yes I am 41 and I need to lose about 50 .help
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    43 yrs..... add me if you like! 5" 0' trying to lose 10lbs or so....
  • notothill
    Options
    Hi team! I am 58 (next month) and gained twenty pounds in the past several years being the primary care giver for my father. I took to stress eating never taking the time to feed myself appropriately. I am a vegetarian, went into menopause 14 years ago after a second bout with breast cancer and have been on diets all my life. I too was hospitalized for an eating disorder (bulimia), 24 years ago. I am determined to lose this weight and after the holidays made a suprise discovery in my basement of a Nordic Trac. I wonder how long that was there gathering dust. I am hopeful that "My Fitness Pal" will help me to get back on track!