Does anyone use FitBit or Body Media

Options
2»

Replies

• galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just got a BodyMedia Fit Link. I LOVE IT! I am amazed by how it tracks everything from steps taken to my sleep cycle. The user interface is fantastic and easy to comprehend and learn from. The ONLY issue I have is with the iphone app. The app worked awesome at first but now has locked me out and I am waiting for tech help from BodyMedia. But the device itself is the bomb!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Have both......much prefer the fitbit one.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit "one" and love it! i paid $99 at the "apple" store. They sell out very quickly though. It is worth every cent, the motivation i get from it is amazing. I love that it syncs to MFP and to my PC. I highly recommend it.

you can also order it off the fitbit website! they have a newer model coming out in april called the fitbit flex and it will be a bracelet type. They are preordering now on the website.
  • kimanne4
    kimanne4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit and it is amazing at motivating me to move more. I love the website so I can compete with friends for steps. The only thing I don't like is I don't have the Ultra so it doesn't sync until I get home at night and while it adjusts my calories on MFP it doesn't show it in the newsfeed. I like telling people I've been working out! I run mostly so I use the FitBit to log my burn. I couldn't be without one now. I'll always be a MFP/FitBit woman:)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit - it tracks all day and how many steps you take. I love it.

If you want to track exercise that isn't step related - like weights or something that uses the arms a lot you'd be better off w/an HRM.

I have both - because they each have their own use.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This, fitbit for 24/7 use, HRM for workouts.
  • msjessielynn
    msjessielynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Core and I love it. Its got alot of information on it, not to mention since you wear it practically all the time, it motivates you to move:)
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    $99 for the fitbit "one"
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is ruining my life.

That said, I highly recommend it. Seriously addictive. Totally changes how you view being active during the day (and how you sleep at night, if you don't already use a sleep monitor).
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Used to have a FitBit and found it to be incredibly inaccurate. Switched to the BodyMedia FIT LINK and never looked back; immensely accurate, and worth the monthly subscription IMO.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    From my geekish POV, BodyMedia vs FitBit is kind of like the difference between Nook and Kindle... or Samsung and iPad... or PC and Mac. Most people will be just as happy with one as the other, but there are minute geek differences. :)
  • karengion
    karengion Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow so much information. I don't have an iphone so is that a problem with either one? I went to BodyMedia web site but they don't explain why you need the membership.
  • sbowl
    sbowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have had my FitBit One for about a month and love it. It syncs well with MFP and my iPhone. I even use the wristband pocket when I go to bed and have learned that I am not as sound a sleeper as I thought I was!
  • Faulkners407
    Faulkners407 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You need a membership to be able to download data from the device. After a period of time the memory is full, and the membership allows you to access it.

I have not used mine since I found out I was pregnant. 2010.

I really liked it. It does not do the work for you. But is a great tool to help you along your journey.

I was obsessive. It was effective. I purchased mine when I weighed 205.

I purchased the additional digital display, and set the alerts, for activity goal, calories burned etc.

It was nice to know how much I burn. .

I got down to 165. . .

But, now I know. That if I am sedentary I burn around 1900 calories in 24 hour period. And if I jog for hour, I hit around 2500. I cant decide if I want to pay the silly fee. . .

Reading this thread I considered buying a fit bit.

But I have a body bug in my drawer...
  • karengion
    karengion Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You need a membership to be able to download data from the device. After a period of time the memory is full, and the membership allows you to access it.

I have not used mine since I found out I was pregnant. 2010.

I really liked it. It does not do the work for you. But is a great tool to help you along your journey.

I was obsessive. It was effective. I purchased mine when I weighed 205.

I purchased the additional digital display, and set the alerts, for activity goal, calories burned etc.

It was nice to know how much I burn. .

I got down to 165. . .

But, now I know. That if I am sedentary I burn around 1900 calories in 24 hour period. And if I jog for hour, I hit around 2500. I cant decide if I want to pay the silly fee. . .

Reading this thread I considered buying a fit bit.

But I have a body bug in my drawer...

I think with all this information the FItBit has won. I want a product that will last. I may wait for the new version to come out that is a bracelet. O I can't wear jewelry in nursing school. Another question what to do. Ugh, I should be studying but this is more fun. Reading these post have inspired me even more. Thanks for answering all my questions. You all have been fantastic!
  • dkxxyx
    dkxxyx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm a fitbit addict. I love it! It doesn't seem the most accurate on the caloric info but keeps great track of everything. If anyone wants to be friends on fitbit I go by dk on my profile.
  • joslin2005
    Options
    I have a fitbit and absolutely LOVE it! It automatically adjusts my calories on MFP depending my activity for the day. I had looked into the bodymedia but ended up going with the fitbit since it was smaller, more discreet, and didn't have a membership due each month. I had also read some people saying the bodymedia gave them rashes. I decided on the fitbit and have not looked back.
  • emrldisle94
    emrldisle94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using my FitBit for over a year and love it! It tracks steps, miles, calories and floors climbed. I love how you can set daily goals and it gives you the percentage of your goal that you have reached each day. My goal is 17000 steps, at least 5 miles and 2500 calories burned. When I reach my goal, I know I have been active enough. MFP also syncs with Fitbit, so you can input your food on MFP and it will tell you how many calories to eat based on how active you are with your fitbit.
    I just started really using MFP last week- had been tracking my stuff on and off for a few weeks when I first logged in and now am serious about tracking.
    IMHO, the new Fitbit One is the best. I had the Ultra until this one came out- used it for a year and loved it. The new One is more water resistant and the clip keeps it in place better then the last model.
  • sammiesmama73
    sammiesmama73 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the info!! I think I will give FitBit a try :)