Favorite "Go To" Snacks

Options

Replies

• Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The other day I actually snacked on Brussel sprouts. I was popping them into my mouth like they were candy! What is happening to me??!!??!!??!!!!
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is one of mine :) I usually pack it for lunch in a bag or container - you can have about 3 cups for under 100 calories if you wanted but I tend to stick to around 2ish :) I do a batch up and keep it in a sealed container and just take from that for when I need my snacks. When you open the container, you can smell popcorn and I think it helps with the general satisfaction!

Otherwise, most of my go-to meals and snacks are pre-packaged, because I don't have scales and I'm time-poor :p Things like cheese sticks, babybel cheeses, those yoghurts in the squeezie packets are great and I include them in my meal plans frequently! There are also these 'Lo-Carb' bars that come in flavours and are 100 calories, so sometimes I'll buy one or two for a treat during the week :)

- Cup-a-soups are great, I have a couple that are only around 50 calories. If I have too many in a row though I sort of lose my stomach for them so I only have them every once in a while now. If I have a salad, I usually try to have a soup as well to help fill me up :) (Plus, water intake!)

- I keep jars of salsa in my cupboard sometimes, and I'll use half a jar on some frozen vegetables for lunch. It's pretty good with broccoli :D

- Vita Weats are another one - about 4 crispbread biscuits for around 100 calories. I usually pack cucumber, tomato or bread & butter cucumbers (pickles) to have on them as they are all really insignificant in calories.

Also, I just found out that watermelon is really low in calories! So are strawberries, but they are expensive here at the moment. I cut them up and freeze them as soon as I get them home, because sometimes the ones in the punnets tend to get moldy or squished if you leave them too long. :)
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I like a cheese stick for something really quick.

A hardboiled egg with a sprinkle of coarse salt.

A couple of pieces of dark chocolate or hershey's kisses.

A smoothie.

Or, one of my new faves, Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey. Sooooo good!
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.
    An apple with almond butter.
    Sargento cheddar cheese sticks.
    Baby carrots.
    Cuties.
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like a cheese stick for something really quick.

A hardboiled egg with a sprinkle of coarse salt.

A couple of pieces of dark chocolate or hershey's kisses.

A smoothie.

Or, one of my new faves, Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey. Sooooo good!

I forgot about boiled eggs! They're great, and keep those hunger pangs away for a long time :) I feel like I do better throughout the day if I start my day with eggs!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have several here they go....
    *Vanilla or Plain Greek yogurt with granola and a tsp of honey
    *Kashi trail mix bar
    *2 apples cut into several pieces w/ 1 tbsp of PB or AB
    * Caramel mini rice cakes
    *Lightly salted rice cakes with PB and raisins
    *pineapple and mango with cottage cheeese
    *mixed fruit cup (strawberries, apples, grapes, cantaloupe)
    *special k chips
    *stacys pita chips w/ hummus
    *baby carrots w/ hummus
    *banana or
    *Chobani any flavored yogurt

I vary my snacks each day, but it usually from the list given, I hope this helps:)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Salty - Breton Minis Garden Vegetable crackers & old white cheddar = 220 cals
    Sweet - Nescafe Ice Java Cappuccino & 2% milk & ice = 155 cals

The key for me is finding snacks that leave me feeling like I've had something substantial...something a little naughty that doesn't do much damage. I agree, too, having these to look forward to helps make this whole thing doable.

___
  • friendlybanana
    Options
    Almonds or pistachios - #1 go to snack food for me
    Banana
    Apple
    Cut, mixed fruit
    CLIFF bar - only if I'm really jonesin for a candy bar
    V8 Fusion drink
  • MileHighTexan
    MileHighTexan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I only just discovered laughing cow light cheese wedges and I'm so glad they are in my life now!
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The other day I actually snacked on Brussel sprouts. I was popping them into my mouth like they were candy! What is happening to me??!!??!!??!!!!

Ok, you have officially lost your young mind :noway: :laugh: truthfully, I wish I had that kind of insanity!
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    half a cup of frozen blueberries eaten one by one (natures answer to lollies!)

banana icecream (frozen banana pieces whipped in a blender its like softserve)

2 tablespoons of low fat taramasalata (caviar dip) with carrot sticks

homemade bran, banana and blueberry muffin (100 Calories)

These ensure that I dont go over my limit and that I dont feel like Im deprived.

:)
  • shannyo
    shannyo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    carrots and hummus
    cottage cheese with cucumbers and tomatoes and a little dill
    almonds
    apple and peanut butter
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice frozen yogurt (vanilla) with melted sugar free cherry preserves
    Lots of fruit esp. oranges and cantaloupe and grapes
    Plain greek yogurt mixed with sugar free preserves- peach and cherry are my favorites
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    youve just discovered that brussel sprouts are delicious because they are!!!!!

:)
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    30 grams of dried cranberries and roasted almonds - to die for.

Frozen mixed berries and low fat Greek yoghurt.

Nutella (one tablespoon, never more).

Mmmmm-mmmmm...
  • shantae1125
    Options
    I have a serious addiction to home made sweet potato chips. I cut a sweet pot. really thin, lay them on a baking sheet, and lightly coat with coconut oil. Add a little salt and its just like eating chips!!!!

I also make my own low fat, 0 sugar icecream ** AMAZING**

But when i dont have time to make anything, i'll sick to low fat cottage cheese with berries, or sugar free pudding
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Anything insanely spicy--spicy hummus, spicy chickpeas, chipotle anything. I can't eat much of whatever it is, and it takes me longer, so I realize I'm full, takes me longer to eat, and is suuuuuuper yummy ^-^
  • rluedtke
    Options
    All 150-200 calories

Apple with peanut butter or a slice of cheese (old cheddar is the best, or Swiss)
    Raw almonds with A piece of fruit like a small banana, kiwi or half an orange
    Laughing cow cheese (2 triangles) with rice crackers (10 crackers are 80 calories)
    Fresh blueberries and a fat free yogurt (100g)
    Homemade banana muffins or any other type of homemade muffin.
    Veggies and calorie-wise ranch dip
  • trishwitch
    Options
    anyone try frozen grapes in the summertime? They are great and you can't eat them really fast so it takes a long time to eat them which makes you feel more full by the time you get done.

I also like Quaker chewy 25%less sugar chocolate peanut butter bars.
    or Kashi cherry dark chocolate bars are also yummy
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Love the popcorn. I don't use the packaged stuff, Alton Brown taught me a neat trick that you can use regular popcorn, a brown paper bag, and staples. If you've got a microwave, you can get popcorn. I can pre-measure it at home and put it in my bag for my snack at work. Coworkers happily filtch from me then.

I use that recipe too - I love Good Eats! :)

Other go-to snacks are mixed nuts - I keep a container in my locker at work. I also like baby carrots with hummus.