I can't be feminine AND strong?

Options
sarantonio
sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
Warning : RANT.

I am a girl, I like girly things, I also drive a '78 Chevy K-5 Blazer, shoot an SKS, change my own tires, and fix my own damn plumbing...I AM STILL A GIRL! One more person insinuates that I'm "too tough to be girly" I'm gonna curtsy all over their face....
Sheesh. Please tell me I'm not the only one?

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I think I love you.

I like heavy lifting, I live with men and am the one with the power tools, I can make most men blush...
    And I wear dresses to work most days and have bright red toenails.

I guess we're to awesome to have 1 label :laugh:
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i would also disagree with the premise of the topic statement. love strong women!
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I feel similar, but opposite, if that makes sense...haha.
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I'm a girl and I like "girly" things but I also like muscle cars, guns, football (GOOOO SAINTS! WHODAT!) and a few other things that are stereotypically male. I also know do my own oil changes, take care of the plumbing and don't whine about every little cut or scrape. Tough chicks are awesome. Friend me please? lol :happy:
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My favorite power tool is a reciprocating saw, and I own more power tools than my boyfriend. My favorite colour is pink, and I love high heels :-)
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. Trust me girl. It ranges from "don't lift that box, you'll break your back" all the way to just not having my voice heard in conversations about football, cars, etc. Just keep on keepin on. :) Everyone else can suck it.
  • sarantonio
    Options
    I feel similar, but opposite, if that makes sense...haha.

Makes sense, Your a man, you like...flowers? I dunno, my husband is a mechanic and draws the prettiest sunset you've ever seen..:smile:
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I'm very girly girl.
    But I'm also a country girl. So I understand. I've helped my papaw fix lawn mowers & cars for years. Since I'm a woman, apparently I shouldn't even know what it looks like under the hood. Who knew.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 3x a week and grunt like a trucker doing it.

I own a red polka-dotted bikini.

I cuss like a *kitten* sailor.

I wear make-up and perfume to go grocery shopping.

I have two mini-skirts, a tramp stamp, and a pair of satin heels that are 3.25" high.

I love Johnnie Walker Black Label on the rocks and Guinness on nitro tap.

I blush.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Feminine or strong is a false dichotomy.
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Love that rant.
    Your awesome!
  • sarantonio
    Options
    I'm very girly girl.
    But I'm also a country girl. So I understand. I've helped my papaw fix lawn mowers & cars for years. Since I'm a woman, apparently I shouldn't even know what it looks like under the hood. Who knew.

Ugh! I know... I bought an o-2 sensor for my car, guy gave me the wrong one, I told him, and he LAUGHED, I had to take him outside, pull mine ( which was a b*tch, because it was the down stream) and show him the difference before he'd believe me.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    No, I guess I feel the same...haha. I am just now realizing that I can do things like lift weights and it be acceptable.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 3x a week and grunt like a trucker doing it.

I own a red polka-dotted bikini.

I cuss like a *kitten* sailor.

I wear make-up and perfume to go grocery shopping.

I have two mini-skirts, a tramp stamp, and a pair of satin heels that are 3.25" high.

I love Johnnie Walker Black Label on the rocks and Guinness on nitro tap.

I blush.

I love you.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love you.

I love YOU right back. :flowerforyou: :love:
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love girly things. I also have a drill press, butane torches, and many small tools in my living room. This must count for something!
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would call that independent...
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. I think the majority of society still has to learn and accept the balance of femininity and masculinity. It's not that big of a deal. Once men and women learn to accept each other as equals possessing both feminine and masculine qualities then the Earth will be more peaceful. I'm glad more people are waking up.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Warning : RANT.

I am a girl, I like girly things, I also drive a '78 Chevy K-5 Blazer, shoot an SKS, change my own tires, and fix my own damn plumbing...I AM STILL A GIRL! One more person insinuates that I'm "too tough to be girly" I'm gonna curtsy all over their face....
    Sheesh. Please tell me I'm not the only one?

You're too tough to be girly. *

*Note: I don't care one way or the other, I just want you to curtsy all over my face. :laugh:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I'm a girl and I like "girly" things but I also like muscle cars, guns, football (GOOOO SAINTS! WHODAT!) and a few other things that are stereotypically male. I also know do my own oil changes, take care of the plumbing and don't whine about every little cut or scrape. Tough chicks are awesome. Friend me please? lol :happy:

I'd "whodat" with you, but I just read that we hired Rob Ryan. *grumble* stupid *grumble*