What are your measurements? Being called a liar!

Options

Replies

• keychick25
    keychick25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I believe you! Everyone is different and holds weight different! I'm 5'4 185lbs and i'm 46bust, 34waist, 46hips, yet this women here has the same height & weight as me but i look ALOT smaller than her
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-26658-body-shape.htm#img
    I actually look more like this woman here:http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-28487-body-shape.htm#img
    ....our bodies are just weird lol oh & im a size 12 & the 1st woman is a 14...i was a 14 20lbs ago! Think about muscle and how it could be contributing to your weight, yet your inches are smaller! Muscle takes up less room!
    http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/210472982555376660_pV4wOHqe_f.jpg
  • keychick25
    keychick25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Matter of fact this is me 10lbs ago! I totally forgot that i submitted a pic to this website!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-27454-body-shape.htm#img
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Tell those people to eff off. I weigh ~20lbs more than most people with my measurements, too.

Check out this thread, filled with women who weigh more than they appear:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/884447-do-you-lift-heavy-are-you-bulky
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shorter than you and have a 36 inch waist and 43 inch hips but around same weight. Makes sense to me. There are people that I know weigh less than me by a stone or more and still wear same size clothes as me. (UK 16) agree that everyone is different.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    When I was 13 and a half stone my hips where 41 waist was 36 and bust was 38 I'm 5 ft 8 ... I'm 11 stone now hips 38 waist 28 and bust 34 I'm a pear shape
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and 132lb (9 stone 6) and am
    31' under bust
    28.5' waist
    37' hips

I'm sure you've measured and re-measured esp after been called a liar, so am sure you're right. We're all built differently.
    You may have more muscle or carry more weight in your legs or boobs.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Im 5ft 10 and weigh 152lbs .my measurements now are under bust 30, waist 26in , hips 35in. i have big hips and thighs :blushing:
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 158, with a 29 in waist and 40 in hips. I think when I was your size I had around the same measurements as you...people are just jealous you carry your weight well!
  • harrietlg
    Options
    I have wondered about this before but we do all carry our fat differently. I have a large bum with big boobs and a pooch of a stomach but i've seen so many people with the same measurements and they have been smaller, they just carry their weight differently to you. height is a big factor as well my arms are big but they also have muscle, as do my thighs, someone could have the same measurements but have more prominent muscle.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    So, after writing a frank and honest blog post about my weight, bf % and measurements, I've had people say that I must be lying about my hip and waist measurements. e.g. "I'm 30 lbs lighter you and my measurements are bigger, it's just not possible!"

I'm 5ft 5, weigh 14 stone and my hips are 41 inches, my chest (under bust) is 34 inches and my waist is 31.5 inches.

Please someone else who is around my weight and hight tell me they have the same-ish measurements!

Well i don't know how much 14 stone is, but I'm also 5'4 and your measurements are almost exactly like mine.
  • LouMonoLou
    Options
    I'm 175.3 lbs and my waist is 32 inches and my hips are about 42-43 inches..

AND @osualex your profile picture makes me rofl! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • araLeaM08
    Options
    my measurement..
    I'm 5ft 2... 176lbs
    waist 38
    hips 42
    bust: 42 (under bust 34)

just ignore people that told you that ur a liar...^^
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    So, after writing a frank and honest blog post about my weight, bf % and measurements, I've had people say that I must be lying about my hip and waist measurements. e.g. "I'm 30 lbs lighter you and my measurements are bigger, it's just not possible!"

I'm 5ft 5, weigh 14 stone and my hips are 41 inches, my chest (under bust) is 34 inches and my waist is 31.5 inches.

Please someone else who is around my weight and hight tell me they have the same-ish measurements!

I'm 5ft 5.5 when I started I was 14st 5lbs my measurements were... hips 41, under boob'age 34 and waist 32 so nope I don't believe you are lying :smile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    e.g. "I'm 30 lbs lighter you and my measurements are bigger, it's just not possible!"

Meh, of course it's possible.

People have different fat distributions (where they hold their fat deposits) and different ratios of fat to muscle (muscle occupies less space than fat so measurements will be smaller.)

Pay them no mind...

Edited: to avoid the inevitable "does 1lb of muscle weigh more than 1lb of fat debate."
  • lovelyworld
    lovelyworld Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're probably fitter than them and that's why your measurements are the same - the numbers on the scale don't tell you everything!
  • lilyfinn
    Options
    Each one of us is unique Sunlover - and as for being called a liar, well it's their problem not yours. Try to ignore the negative stuff and focus on the positive, e.g. how uniquely beautiful you are x
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Just to illustrate the point this is the difference in size between fat and muscle at the same weight:

2gtGZ.jpg
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm close to you in height and weight (I'm sorry, I'm a wimp,I don't want to put up my measurements) and our measurements are pretty different. Doesn't mean either of us is lying, just means we have different bodies. For example, I hold all of my weight on my stomach, you might hold yours elsewhere.

Whoever said that needs to grow up. I hope they've read this topic, because what they said was unnecessary and actually pretty mean. Just ignore them, you're obviously doing really well!
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've had people say that I must be lying about my hip and waist measurements.

People talk 5h1t without knowing;
    * your bone density
    * your lean muscle versus your total body fat
    * your skeletal differences ... e.g. I have very wide hips for a male even when I'm not overweight.

Stop worrying.
    Be confident in yourself.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 11 stone 7 (161lbs), my chest is about 37, waist just under 30, and hips 40. I am heavy for my measurements, most women with the same measurements as mine are at least 10lbs lighter.