Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes

Options

Replies

• schroederkl
    schroederkl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love my slow cooker... My favorite is a packet of powder ranch dressing with 3 chicken breast and a small bottle of franks buffalo sauce...I shred the chicken after 6-8 hours on low and eat it with lettece wraps! Its wicked good...

This sounds amazing! I'll have to try it :)
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Save for later. :)
  • mrsadlich
    Options
    My favorite is 2 chicken boullion (sp?) cubes dissolved in 12 ozs of water. 2 or 3 chicken breasts. (I use the frozen in a bag Great Value chicken from WalMart.) Add some spices - maybe some garlic, onion, parsley, crushed red pepper (not a lot of the pepper flakes, but it does give it a good flavor.) Cook on low all day. I cook from 8 am to about 5 or 6 pm. When you get home, pull the chicken from the crock pot and skim off the fat from the broth and discard. Add about a cup or 1 1/2 cup of instant white or brown rice in the broth. Wait about 10 minutes for it all to soak up. Shred the chicken with forks and mix with the rice. Yummy!

Or, I've also done the same thing with the chicken and then used a bag of the Lipton side noodle or ruce and mixed the chicken with that too. The chicken is always yummy and the noodles or rice option doesn't take long to cook once you get home. Enjoy!
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    In the cooker right now:

CROCKPOT POTATO CHOWDER
    12 Cups total
    4 hours High/8 hours Low

Generic - Russet Potato (Diced), 8 cups
    Fresh - Chopped Yellow Onion, 1 Cup
    Carrots - Carrots Chopped, 1 cup
    Generic - Celery - Raw, Sliced / Chopped
    Homemade - Organic Chicken Broth - Low Fat/Low Sodium, 6 cups
    Great Value - Cream Cheese 1/3 Less Fat, 1 block, cubed (added last 20-30 minutes/stirred in until melted)
    Hormel Real Bacon Bits, 6 Tbsp. chopped for garnish
    Chives - Raw, 6 Tbsp chopped for garnish

Total: 1695 calories
    Per Serving: 141

(I sauteed the onion/carrot/celery/garlic about 5 mins. in 1T bacon drippings before adding them to crockpot)
  • shellyesq
    Options
    Like this sloppy joe recipe, but with ground turkey instead of ground beef:

http://www.grandparents.com/food-and-leisure/recipes/recipe-sloppy-joes-americas-test-kitchen

Turkey chili is another favorite, but I add a diced red bell pepper to increase the veggies in it:

http://cookcronk.blogspot.com/2012/12/slow-cooker-turkey-chili-perfect-on.html
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump to look at later. So many good ideas here!!
  • shenderer
    Options
    The pork carnitas on the skinnytaste.com site are delicious! We even served them at a party on saturday and everyone was asking for the recipe. They were surprised they were "diet" food.
  • kenziesmom05
    Options
    Bump to look at later! Thanks for all the great ideas :)
  • amperl8
    amperl8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • taylort66
    Options
    Love crock pot recipes. Bump for later :))
  • aimeehaven
    aimeehaven Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is my go to recipe for my crockpot! Makes 10 servings (1 cup each) 222 calories 194 sodium and 5 fat...it's only me so I have no issue with eating it daily and putting some in the freezer.

3 chicken breasts
    1 onion diced
    1 can of campbells healthy request cream of chicken

I put it on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8

2 cups of dry brown rice- cooked on the stove top
    1 bag of frozen corn-cooked on the stove top/microwave

Shred the chicken in the crock pot with two forks (will be very tender)

Add the cooked rice and corn to the crock pot and mix it all together

Lastly, add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. I prefer Sargento's Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican Blend made with 2% milk but it is all up to you.

Stir all together and serve!
  • midnight333
    Options
    Bump
  • nonniArteaga
    Options
    Bump :)
  • 780ck
    780ck Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump - thx for the great ideas!
  • JO4IT
    JO4IT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try some of these!
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just put in the crock pot some ground turkey seasoned with taco seasoning. Layered between corn tortillas and some salsa. Will be able to have extra to take for lunch tomorrow.
  • BB19
    BB19 Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump, love my crockpot
  • ecelestial
    Options
    Yes! Thank you so much for these ideas. I am making the chicken salsa recipe tomorrow!
  • pr3ttygirl911
    Options
    Just put in the crock pot some ground turkey seasoned with taco seasoning. Layered between corn tortillas and some salsa. Will be able to have extra to take for lunch tomorrow.

Do you have to put any water in this and how long do you cook it? Thanks in advance sounds so good.