Replies

• twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nikkimoon1382
    nikkimoon1382 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I make chili. Its low cal and high in protein.

1 big can Hunts tomato sauce
    2 regular cans Hunts diced fire roasted tomatoes
    1 can kidney beans
    1lb ground beef
    1 large onion chopped
    1/4 c. garlic powder
    2 tablespoons salt
    1/4 c. chili powder
    1tablespoon cumin
    1 hot chili pepper (or more- depending on how hot you like it)

Cook the beef with the onion and 1/2 the seasonings until brown and add to the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients. Add the rest of the seasonings and cook. :)
  • kimimila86
    Options
    I'm always up for a good crock pot recipe! I found this one on Pinterest and finally tried it out last night. It was AMAZING! I only cooked it for 4.5 hours and it turned out fine. I'm going to try this with buffalo roast next time. :drinker:

Take-Out, Fake-Out: Beef & Broccoli {Crockpot}

Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 6 hours and 30 minutes*

Ingredients:
    1 lb. boneless, beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
    1 cup beef consumme or beef broth
    1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
    1/3 cup dark brown sugar
    1 tbsp. sesame oil
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tbsp. cornstarch
    4 tbsp. sauce (from the crockpot after dish is cooked)
    Frozen broccoli florets (as many as desired, I believe I used almost 2 cups)
    White rice, cooked

Instructions:
    - In the insert of the crockpot, whisk together beef consume, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
    - Gently place your slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
    - Turn crockpot on low and cook for 6 hours.
    - When done, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cooking liquid to create a slurry, pour into crockpot, stir to mix well. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to thicken up the sauce.
    - Toss in your broccoli florets then serve hot over white rice.

*Note about cooking time: Your crockpot may differ in temperature than mine, I suggest cooking this for 4 hours on your first go-round of this dish. 6 hours in the crockpot seems to be giving a lot of people “shredded” beef instead of slices, so decrease cooking time by 2 hours and go from there. Mine turned out fine with 6 hours.
  • LBJordan99
    LBJordan99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Candy1629
    Candy1629 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just made a delicious pork loin in the crock pot the other day.

2 lb pork loin
    dry onion soup mix
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup red wine
    3 tbsp soy sauce
    black pepper
  • mommamills
    Options
    I have found a TON of cp recipes on Pintrest! Makes life sooooo much easier!
  • 33le
    33le Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • JennieCakes72
    JennieCakes72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    3 lb Pot Roast
    1 can Coke
    1 package onion soup mix
    1 can mushroom soup
    quartered potatoes
    baby carrots
    sliced onions

cook on low for 6-8 hours. the Coke really makes the veggies have such a great flavor.

I have a question, is the 1 can of mushroom soup, Cream of Mushroom? I want to make this because it looks super easy! :)
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love my slow cooker... My favorite is a packet of powder ranch dressing with 3 chicken breast and a small bottle of franks buffalo sauce...I shred the chicken after 6-8 hours on low and eat it with lettece wraps! Its wicked good...
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    IF you don't like doing the packets there are also spice mixes you can look up as alternatives...same with "cream of" soups...
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump for reading later!!
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    not sure if i missed it or not but I use the slow cooker to make bar-b-que .. turkey bar-b-que
    I like barbque but I cut pork out of my diet over a year ago, so i came along a recipe for turkey
    it's quite similar to pork pulled or chopped barbque in the slow cooker.

1 pack of turkey drumsticks (3) serves 2-3
    place in slow cooker with light seasoning (light sprinkle of kosher salt and Nature's Seasoning)
    fill with water and place on low i usually permit 8-10 hours
    remove drumsticks (probably are falling off the bone)
    drain slow cooker and wash out (will use again shortly)
    For the meat that stays on the bone remove and pull apart
    for the meat that fell off the bone pull apart (you can chop if you want)
    place back in the slow cooker and stir in bar-b-que sauce (store bought or your own)
    place on low for another hour

I served this as sliders at the superbowl party and 7 out of 8 people didnt realize it was turkey ..
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bump for later

Me too!!!
  • Sarah012653
    Options
    I love my white chicken chilli: I cook 4-6 chicken breasts, then cool and cut into bite size pieces. In crook pot place chicken, add chicken broth (from store!), northern beans (I add a lot and use the Randalls brand from Krogers--already cooked and delicious)--I add two large glass jars Randalls beans, chopped onion (as much as you like), carrots (if you like--small diced), one packet McCormicks white chilli chicken mix, and the Secret ingredient: one jar GREEN VERDE sauce (in Mexican food section at Krogers). We love this recipe!!! Top with quacamole or fat free sour cream!!
    Also, look at book by The Crockin' Girls!!! It is cool, fun, youthful, and I love their books!!! can get on amazon of course! Enjoy!!
  • hockeyd11
    hockeyd11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Look on skinnytaste.com. It even gives you the calorie count, and I have tried a few and they have all been good!
  • heathermariew
    Options
    Bump
  • lainester
    Options
    Bump for later : )