With the fire of 1000 suns: Exercises you loathe

Options
This isn't about the workouts you loathe but do because you know they're good exercise (for me, this would be spinning: I'll suffer through the techno music and yelling instructors for its sweat-inducing powers) but the ones that have absolutely zero appeal.

For me, it's:

Skating: How idyllic! How graceful! How pinchy and cold on my feet. Pass.

Swimming: I have dry skin and eczema and the pool does me no favours here.

Running on a treadmill: Now, I like running. It's great for low-skill people because it only requires the ability to put one foot in front of the other to get started. It's a fantastic workout but I can see why people dislike the idea of running, especially when they envision hours on a treadmill, fiddling with buttons and just praying for it to end. The only time I have ever done treadmill runs was when I first started running and when I was doing interval speed training- and I still would rather have been outside. It's also better for your stride.

Et tu?

Replies

• ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Burpees and pretty much anything that involves jumping because of my bad knees. However, since I've started, I'm getting better at them. Before I could barely do 10 seconds of jumping jacks and yesterday I was able to do 60 seconds. Burpees are just awkward.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • curejenn
    curejenn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I feel like a beached whale doing burpees. All the up down up down makes me feel so awkward!
    Burpees and pretty much anything that involves jumping because of my bad knees. However, since I've started, I'm getting better at them. Before I could barely do 10 seconds of jumping jacks and yesterday I was able to do 60 seconds. Burpees are just awkward.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Burpees!
  • KellenaG
    KellenaG Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, oddly enough. I started doing the X-Factor: ST workout, and it involves a lot of push-ups, burpees, planks....all that stuff I don't like. Mostly due to the fact that I have next to no arm strength. However, when I started the workout program, I could barely even do a modified push-up, and now (6 weeks later) I can do several regular push-ups. Although I still hate them lol
  • SeraFee
    SeraFee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Lunges. I loathe lunges.
  • LAD1981
    LAD1981 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Burpees.. the work of the devil. Always tell people if I ever have kids, as punishment I will make them do these :O)
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Loathe may be too strong a word, but I'm not fond of barbell weightlifting. To me, it is the whole culture of huge guys trying to get even "huger", the grunting from maximum exertion, and the looks of derision I got when I lifted a puny amount. I use the machines and while I am not close to the strongest I do move more than the ladies and most senior citizen men but I'll never be strong for my age, gender and weight.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Treadmill. If I absolutely have to run indoors, I'll do it on my gym's 12-laps-to-the-mile track. That's maddening, too, but not as bad as the treadmill.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    another one hates burpees too, oh and mountain climbers. I cant do either of those without hurting my knee :(
  • xxtaliaxx
    Options
    Mountain climbers. When I was in boot camp and we had to do those, I teared up every time. They are so tiring!! Along with that, I'll echo others in here and say burpees along with Eight counts. I hate those too.
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lunges. Bah, I HATE lunges!
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Lunges. I loathe lunges.

A woman after my own heart! Lunges and Bulgarian split squats can burn in hell.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    P90x yoga day
  • GosuLoli
    Options
    Burpees.. the work of the devil. Always tell people if I ever have kids, as punishment I will make them do these :O)

Very much liking this idea. Burpees feature a lot in the nike training app workouts, and I swear I'm going to end up with actual nightmares about them one of these days. My not-so-old arthiritic knees can't handle them.
    That and running on a treadmill. I love cross-country running, where you can take in the scenery as well, but however long of running on a hard surface with only my reflection and the backsides of whoever's on the rowers to look at isn't exactly my cup of tea.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Why des everyone hate burpees?!?...I like 'em....kegals on the other hand...:laugh:
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Push ups, pull ups and tricep dips...I have crap upper body strength!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    crunches, sit-up,, mountain climbers, burpees...basically anything to do with the core...
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Zumba and similar dance based stuff. Just not gonna happen, no matter how much my wife wants me to!
  • Tweak325
    Options
    Lunges. I loathe lunges.

I agree with her. I don't mind squats or anything of that sort, but once one leg goes in front of the other, I just want to watch the world burn.