examples of healthy food

Options
2»

Replies

• Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The big problem for me, and a lot of other people is that these particular foods are trigger foods. They trigger appetites and urges for more foods which can completely destroy your macros.

For me, its just better to not have them at all, than to try and have them in moderation. Like it says on a bag of Lays, "Bet you cant eat just one."
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    The big problem for me, and a lot of other people is that these particular foods are trigger foods. They trigger appetites and urges for more foods which can completely destroy your macros.

For me, its just better to not have them at all, than to try and have them in moderation. Like it says on a bag of Lays, "Bet you cant eat just one."

that may well be true for some, but it doesn't make these foods "unhealthy" or "bad", and that's my point.

i hate seeing people struggling eating foods they don't like just because they think getting healthy or fit requires them to completely delete the foods they love from their diets.

breads and pasta are my downfall. i can't eat as much of those as i'd like, because they don't keep me feeling full for long and i end up eating more food that day than i should. but they are both still part of my diet, just not as much a part as they were before.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the all things in moderation mentality...but I also do believe the majority of one's diet should be quality, nutrient dense foods for proper health and nutrition. At least for me, it's made a huge difference in my blood work...the kind of stuff pictured above would have made up about 90% of my diet just 4 months ago...now those kind of things make up maybe 10% of my diet...my blood work is now seriously heading in the right direction.

I do think the key is moderation...but some peoples idea of moderation isn't really moderation...I know mine didn't used to be.

THIS is key. It's about balance and proper proportion, not fearing certain foods.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Steak and potatoes is healthy food...you just have to WORK like a cowboy!:bigsmile:
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    No. Chips are unhealthy. Carrots are healthy. You can't deny that.
    Yeah, you may eat chips, that's okay if you eat them in moderation. If you don't ever eat carrots too, that's okay, as long as you're eating other healthy foods.
    But if your diet consists of chips, chocolate bars, and candy, that is not good!
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mexican Grilled Cheese
    IMG_1096.JPG

Prosciutto and Parmesan Stuffed Puff Pastry Straws
    prosciutto-and-parmesan-stuffed-puff-pastry-straws.jpg

Babe's Chicken Texas
    02a392aef567b4e2ef2a6b14b41856ac.jpg
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Mexican Grilled Cheese
    IMG_1096.JPG

O.O I just went grocery shopping today and I have all of the above... TO THE KITCHEEEEEN!
  • bumbell91
    bumbell91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just ate an entire bag + 1/2 of fresh express veggie lovers mix... yeah.
  • justicekenny
    Options
    def onboard with this ... last month .. had tons of tacos, pizza, ice cream .. dropped 8lbs .. of course i was on a caloric deficit .. my diary is public ..check it out...
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    "Healthy" has absolutely nothing to do with your macro and you weight gain or loss. If you're focused on simply losing weight then yeah, what you eat doesn't mean anything. How much does. However, if you're focused on starting a healthy lifestyle, becoming athletic, and competing in sports or something like that, what you eat makes a world of difference!

When you start talking what is actually "healthy" food and what would be the best for you to eat in terms of physical and mental performance, then you should eat the foods that have the greatest micronurtitional content per calorie. There's a LOT more to it than simply looking at carbs, protein, and fat. Sure, you can eat pizza and burgers all day, but you won't achieve the same potential than if you ate salads, homemade soups, and chicken.
  • LexaKellington123
    Options
    author of this post is 100% accurate and correct. THANK YOU for shedding light on this ongoing epidemic. It's so harmful to say "good" or "bad" SO WHAT if you want a Little Debby snack or Kit kat once is a while? This whole organic/non-GMO thing is drivng me f***** nuts. THANK YOU. DOn't you hate the phrase "junk food"? I know multiple people who are extremely healthy both inside and outside and eat these alleged "junk food" items every day! how silly. Thanks for this discussion.

Alexandra