Does Coconut oil applied topically count as calories ?

Options

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I read this. Now I know that I don't have to log my vaseline! But seriously, there is no dumb question, only questions that are not asked! That's how you learn. :flowerforyou:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    v1umY.gif

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    maxwell_smart__confused.gif
  • downalynn
    downalynn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wait! I just read my shampoo bottle and it says ADDS BODY!!!!! Now I know why I am overweight! It's my shampoo and coconut oil!:noway:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    If it does than I should be a few hundred pounds because slather tons upon tons of coco butter all over my body every day.....:bigsmile: :blushing:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Come now. I understand the reasoning behing this question. It is absorbed by the skin. It is actually much more of an intelligent thought than all of you making fun of the OP.

So the next time I slather myself with spaghetti sauce, should I log it?
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3qcqlkXa51qj47y6_zps5da1c66a.gif

My EXACT reaction loool
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Only if you topically apply it to your tongue. :smile:

^^^ HAHAH amazing
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Come now. I understand the reasoning behing this question. It is absorbed by the skin. It is actually much more of an intelligent thought than all of you making fun of the OP.

No. The OP's question is a thinking question. If you were not familiar with the science of calorie intake, then this is a very valid question. Those that are mocking the OP, certainly are not as adequate at reasoning as the OP is, in my opinion.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wait! I just read my shampoo bottle and it says ADDS BODY!!!!! Now I know why I am overweight! It's my shampoo and coconut oil!:noway:

That's why I shower with Dawn. The bottle says it cuts through fat!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to post a gif

But no it doesn't.

blanche.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No. The OP's question is a thinking question. If you were not familiar with the science of calorie intake, then this is a very valid question. Those that are mocking the OP, certainly are not as adequate at reasoning as the OP is, in my opinion.

Two words:

Google search.

Not saying that questions aren't welcomed, but there are some things that you can search before you come onto a forum to ask something. In fact, searching might either answer your questions from more reliable sources, or it might allow you to better understand what you are asking.

And logically speaking, if applying such things as coconut oil added to our caloric intake, you'd see the nutritional breakdown on the bottle along with the ingredients.
  • pilze0
    pilze0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3qcqlkXa51qj47y6_zps5da1c66a.gif
    Hahaha ^
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    ....what? Is this a serious question?

No, of course it doesn't. Unless you eat through osmosis.

AHHHH, Make it stop. Im peeing my pants laughing
  • MB_Positif
    Options

Two words:

Google search.

Not saying that questions aren't welcomed, but there are some things that you can search before you come onto a forum to ask something. In fact, searching might either answer your questions from more reliable sources, or it might allow you to better understand what you are asking.

And logically speaking, if applying such things as coconut oil added to our caloric intake, you'd see the nutritional breakdown on the bottle along with the ingredients.

BOOM! thank you for saying what I was too lazy to type.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Two words:

Google search.

BOOM! thank you for saying what I was too lazy to type.

g007_citizen_kane_slow_clap.gif
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    That would depend on how much information was available, or, to put it differently, how much knowledge the OP had on the subject of calories. You and I know that calories are energy which fuels our body. Often, people talk about calories as weight. If there was a slight misunderstanding of what calories exactly are, as was obviously the case here, and there was a presumption that calories are simply weight, then the runner guys vasaline may very well have calories whith which to add to a calorie log. We have more information than that, and so we know that this idea is false. As I said, it is a thinking question.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Huh.gif

:laugh:
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    That would depend on how much information was available, or, to put it differently, how much knowledge the OP had on the subject of calories. You and I know that calories are energy which fuels our body. Often, people talk about calories as weight. If there was a slight misunderstanding of what calories exactly are, as was obviously the case here, and there was a presumption that calories are simply weight, then the runner guys vasaline may very well have calories whith which to add to a calorie log. We have more information than that, and so we know that this idea is false. As I said, it is a thinking question.

After your multiple replies on this being a thinking question, I finally get it. People over think things way too often which is why so many people fail at weight loss because they complicate it too much!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

And as I said before, which you cut out - google search. Finding answers that may be more reliable. This wasn't a question to spark a debate or intricate thinking.

Here's what I found after 5 minutes of searching...

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/questions/qotw/question/3393/
    http://www.oliveoilsource.com/asktheexpert/can-you-gain-weight-olive-oil-lotion
    http://www.kgbanswers.com/can-u-absorb-calories-thru-your-skin-for-example-using-olive-oil-as-moisturizer-tiff/10360673

This would have answered the OP's question pretty quickly. And no, these aren't scientific studies..but as I said..would have just answered the question with the first page...2 or 3 if you wanted more opinions or info.