What are you giving up for LENT?

Options

Replies

• Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am giving up Diet Mountain Dew(which is going to be TOUGH since I drink at least 2 a day) and am going to be sure to read my In Conversation with God Devotional daily, and pray the rosary daily.
  • griffga1
    Options
    I have been thinking about this for a few weeks and just cannot decide. I like the idea of complimenting a stranger each day, but I still feel the need to give up something. I have a couple days, I'm sure I'll think of something.
  • SamanthaL81
    SamanthaL81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Television, this is going to be a challange but I am hoping to really begin to make better choices on how to spend my time.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up anything, but I'm going to go to daily Mass twice a week (and of course Sunday Mass). My best Lent ever though, was around 7 years ago and I gave up sugar. No sweets, no adding sugar to coffee or anything else...and to this day, I've maintained it. Once in a great while, I'll eat sweets, and I do use honey in tea, but I haven't touched a box of sugar or any other refined sugar in darned near 7 years, except when baking Christmas cookies.

I consider my giving up sugar a miracle, lol.
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    All the fat I can possibly lose. AND I DON'T want it back!!!!!!
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate to.... ugh... I'm going to give up alcohol .. so no more beers for me. Except for the one that I may have Tuesday night, just as a last hurrah until Lent is over

That's right! Fat Tuesday!
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think I may give up weighing myself. Might as well see what can happen in that amount of time. Have my fiancee hide it on me and then after Easter take it out and see what it says.
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am constantly taking my grandaughters to McDonalds! It's not good for me or them. So, that is what I'm giving up. As for the post on where I would use the money? I will give it to St. Judes Hospital for kids with Cancer.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    anything sweet related including juice and booze! :)
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Biting the bullet this year and giving up abstinence and sobriety.

I like your style.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    organised religion
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Football.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    sugar... how the heck I'm going to manage, I have no idea :(
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Rather than give something up, I plan to do devotions everyday..something I really need to work on.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give up refined sugars/simple carbs but I'd like to try gaining something, too... like maybe learning a new word every day or something :)
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bread
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    possibly cheese :cry:
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, I like the idea of giving up the scale for lent, that's a REALLY hard one.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My usual everytime i do it.... Chocolate, Cake and Buscuits... although ive been doing this for the last 2 weeks.... except for today when it was cake day.... couldnt possibly resist!!! :-D still within my calories! x
  • Jrne94
    Options
    as much as i love mcdonalds im giving it up for lent!