Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes

Options

Replies

• jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Apologies if someone has already mentioned this, but this is a great little booklet of light slow cooker recipes. It's one of those they put at the checkout stand at the grocery store. We have already tried at least 5 of the recipes, and they are all excellent! My favorite so far is the curry chicken. Really tastes like something you'd get in a Thai restaurant. Next up is the BBQ beef sandwiches. Now I'm hungry again just thinking about it.

http://www.shoptasteofhome.com/side/magazines/special-editions/light-slow-cooker-recipe-cards.html
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump for later...some great recipes...I love the chicken, salsa and black beans...make it all the time...I just throw my chicken in frozen......gonna make that right now lol....
  • jeezidunno
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a great pulled bbq chicken recipe that you make in the slow cooker. I think the basic ingredients for the sauce are tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar,. So good! Look it up!

Otherwise I haven't had much success with my slow cooker. Most stuff comes out tasting the same!

This! I have given up on my slow cooker, because it doesn't seem to matter what I put in it, or how varied the ingredients are... it all tastes the same after 6-8 hours in the crockpot. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong... someone please enlighten me.
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a great pulled bbq chicken recipe that you make in the slow cooker. I think the basic ingredients for the sauce are tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar,. So good! Look it up!

Otherwise I haven't had much success with my slow cooker. Most stuff comes out tasting the same!

This! I have given up on my slow cooker, because it doesn't seem to matter what I put in it, or how varied the ingredients are... it all tastes the same after 6-8 hours in the crockpot. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong... someone please enlighten me.

I find it helpful to bump up the spices BY ALOT. Don't be afraid to double dried herbs and pepper in a recipe.

Also, My crock pot has a setting so after so many hours it will click over to warm. If something calls for 8 hours on low, I set my crock pot to click over to warm at 7 hours and just let it cruise to the finish line.
  • Momof1plustwins
    Momof1plustwins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am brand new here.....what does "bump" mean/do? :flowerforyou:
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Anytime someone posts, it "bumps" the post back up to the top where it is easier to find again.
  • drop30lbs
    drop30lbs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    what is Rotel?
  • mrsyako
    Options
    bump for later!!
  • camoshell
    Options
    Busy Mom's Fajitas are so good and easy Prep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours Yield: 6 Servings

Ingredients
    1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
    1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
    1 medium onion, halved and sliced
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
    Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional

Directions
    In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, beans, tomatoes, peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
    Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken and return to the slow cooker; heat through.
    Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.

Nutritional Facts
    1 fajita (calculated without optional toppings) equals 347 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 26 g protein.
  • nonniArteaga
    Options
    Bump :):)
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Didn't look through all the responses so this may already be in here but....

8 boneless pork chops
    2 cans reduced fat cream of chicken soup
    1 packet dry ranch mix

Cook on low for 8 hours and serve with potatoes and a green veggie.
    Or I also wilt some spinach and onion together and just serve over that.

Makes great pork chops & gravy.
  • karenlucas7503
    Options
    Girl, if you ever do have a family that crock pot will become like a right arm. Throw some chicken and any vegetables in it throw in a can or two of chicken broth or any other liquid and some seasoning or onion soup mix or anything else with some flavor and you are good to go. Put the veggies on the bottom and pour in your liquid before you put your meet in and then put seasonings on top of the meat. Then set it on low and go to work. Serve it over rice or shred it and use it in fajitas or soups or whatever like everyone else is saying. It's lean meat and vegetables. So you are going to be good on your calories. The sky is the limit and there are tons of recipes out there on cooks.com or allrecipes.com. If you can learn to use that contraption now, it will make your life so much easier later.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    bumpinh for later!
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • NClala05
    Options
    BUMP
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    what is Rotel?

It is a brand of diced tomatoes with green chiles (usually a 10 oz. can) you can sub a 14.5 oz can of any other brand
  • tererob
    tererob Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious!
  • goforth07
    Options
    This is just the thread I was looking for, thanks!
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump for later:flowerforyou: