You will weigh .... In 5 weeks!!!

Options

Replies

• maryrx59
    maryrx59 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's pretty close....I use it to motivate me mostly! When I add exercise and recalculate, I get to see what a difference it would be if I DID exercise daily.:flowerforyou:
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been fairly consistent in eating and exercising about the same most days... This has led it to be pretty accurate for me. About once a week I copy what it says and paste it 5 weeks out in my journal so I can remember. Most times it is right on or within a pound or so.

The short answer -- I believe it will only work for you if you are consistent with your eating and exercising routines.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    It's never worked for me, however, I believe it doesn't take into account muscle gained. I have lost fat but gained muscle and there is no way to measure that on a calculator.

^^This^^

My scale hasn't moved in almost two weeks, but my measuring tape has. :happy:
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    nope...but it is fun to dream about being that weight! keeps me going! :) Also...it does not count for muscle weight or water retention!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    No but I don't eat and exercise exactly the same way every single day.
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nope, not at all! I follow my body :) MFP is an app I just use to log food and estimate what I need in macros for the day. The other stuff I pay no attention to :)
  • JennyJo23
    Options
    that number fluctuates each day when you eat more or less calories.. maybe just a goal to reach?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Quite accurate, yes. I always stay within my goals, so it's always been pretty dead-on for me.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I saw a post recently where someone actually tracked it and said it was actually pretty close to on target - within about a pound.

I've never actually checked it for myself though. I mean, I'll look at the numbers, and it's usually lesser and my weight keeps going down, so I haven't actually had reason to.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It has been close quite often and its not usually too far off. The comment about weight loss not being linear is spot on. This gives a good picture of where your weight will be but fluctuations in dedication, underestimation of calories consumed, overestimation of calories burned and water retention all play a large role in weight loss as well. If you think that the number or an average of those numbers are an accurate reflection of exactly where you are going to be in 5 weeks then you are smoking something you don't want to record!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Every day is never like today, so I have never checked.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Yes. At one point when I had tried the 2 lbs per week...I was always around my calories goal...and in 5 weeks, I weighed exactly what it said. However, most people, and this includes me except for that occurrence, are not consistent, or exercise in addition to the dieting. So...unless you do the same thing everyday...it will never really be accurate. It's just saying that, based on what you did today, if you did the same thing everyday for the next 5 weeks, you will weight X.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It has never been accurate, but it keeps me dreaming about the weight I am shooting for that helps keep me motivated in a very small way.
    This is how I feel...whether its accurate or not (it says what you COULD weigh) I love seeing numbers that I havent seen in a long time so it helps keep me motivated....and on the days that I am not so on track, it shows me the reality too.....so NO not accurate at all, but I use it to motivate me.....
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Nope; it didn't tell me I was going to stay about the same for two freaking months!
  • sjellsworth
    Options
    not even close
  • SNWilliams13
    Options
    Nope, I never eat the same exact foods and amounts every single day.
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    No, and it changes depending on what I log each day so obviously not very accurate and doesn't take into consideration the circumstances from now to 5 weeks ahead
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yes. But you have to do an AVERAGE for a week or more...maybe even a month....then plug the numbers in and see. I've done this and am right where it says I should be.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    No, and it changes depending on what I log each day so obviously not very accurate and doesn't take into consideration the circumstances from now to 5 weeks ahead

If it could take into account circumstances that hadn't happened yet...I think I would use it to play the lottery
  • am06or
    am06or Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I stopped hitting "complete" because it annoyed me :laugh: