Stop Posting About Valentines Day

Options

Replies

• umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I, for one, enjoy valentines day. What I do hate, however, is all of the whiny singles complaining about the day. Not everyone has a mother on Mother's day or a father on Father's day. stfu.

Also, congrats on just making a new thread about V day.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    While we're at it: 4 Forum Thread Headlines that should be retired for all of 2013: 1) Men, what body type do you prefer? (aka "Curves, Muscles, or Thin?" 2) Help, my "X person" is sabotaging my diet 3) Rate the person above you (aka Hot or not, marry/one night stand/date/no) 4) I'm only eating 800 calories a day, why aren't I LOOSING weight?
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I, for one, enjoy valentines day. What I do hate, however, is all of the whiny singles complaining about the day. Not everyone has a mother on Mother's day or a father on Father's day. stfu.

Also, congrats on just making a new thread about V day.

YES!:drinker:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    But....

This is a thread about Valentines Day?

dwight_schrute.gif

Hahaha. I remember this episode like it was yesterday!
    *eta - I'm single and love Valentine's day!
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    http://theoatmeal.com/blog/valentines_day

"Less complaining. More sexy rumpus."
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    While we're at it: 4 Forum Thread Headlines that should be retired for all of 2013: 1) Men, what body type do you prefer? (aka "Curves, Muscles, or Thin?" 2) Help, my "X person" is sabotaging my diet 3) Rate the person above you (aka Hot or not, marry/one night stand/date/no) 4) I'm only eating 800 calories a day, why aren't I LOOSING weight?

:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:

I LIKE you!

And ETA: You can't lose weight on only 800 calories per day? Dfuq???? :wink:
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you were going for ironic you failed.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Taters-gonna-tate.gif
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Flirting.gif

Sorry peeps, Couldn't resist.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't even celebrate on that day.... too many people.... hubby & I go out the day before because our irk is caused by a 2 hour wait for a plate of pasta I can get in 10 minutes the day before the holiday. :wink:

Hahaha! Ditto!! My husband and I are talking about going out to dinner next Sat night. We went out on VD several years ago and had to wait for 3 hours to eat. If we weren't with another couple we would never had agreed to that! CRAZY!! :noway: :grumble:

Same here. Our Valentines day this year means bowling Scotch doubles with friends and getting schwasted on Saturday night. We may have dinner before, because drinking on an empty stomach is no good.
  • sunshinetammy
    Options
    Just another day.... Don't worry BE HAPPY!!!!!
  • opheliav5
    opheliav5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a root canal schedule. Hot times.
  • toriavict
    Options
    this is the first vday post ive seen haha
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Valentines day makes us single people depressed. But I love how much little kids love it!
    [/quote]

Some of us married folks too!
  • stumegsmum
    Options
    Hey whats all my MFP peeps doing for Valentimes Day?!?!?!
    Ignoring it!!
    If you can not show someone you love them every day, one is not going to help!!

^^^ this :flowerforyou:
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Hey whats all my MFP peeps doing for Valentimes Day?!?!?!
    Ignoring it!!
    If you can not show someone you love them every day, one is not going to help!!

I hate those statements. Just because you celebrate Valentines Day doesn't mean you don't show your significant other that you love them everyday. I for one love my Husband very much, tell him and show him everyday. We still celebrate Valentines Day....why not?

AGREED!

For the OP, don't like Valentines Day posts, simple solution, don't click on them. I doubt a day has gone by since the first day I told my wife that I love her that I haven't told her 1/2 dozen times minimum and I always feel loved by her. But it doesn't mean I don't enjoy a little extra meaning to the dinner that night, that I didn't enjoy getting some gifts to sneak into her car for when she wakes up in the morning or that I don't get a little thrill knowing she'll be happy she was sent her flowers at work. With all the days we have to celebrate about other things in life, why not for one of the most fun human connections we have, love.

For those that are single, it happens. I've been without someone as often as I've had someone in my life. Enjoy the saved money, the crowded restaurant you aren't at, maybe a chance to hang out with other singles and enjoy the advantages that a single lifestyle allows.

Strangely enough, not having someone for Valentines never bothered me, but being alone on New Years Eve really put me in a funk, to each their own.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I have a root canal schedule. Hot times.

I had a root canal done last year, and it was just outstanding! Of course, I got really good drugs AND gas. Like taking a trip and never leaving the farm. There are worse ways to go, LOL...
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school, one of my best friends and I would try to outdo each other for Valentine's Day. She would give me a huge card, I would give her a balloon bouquet. Those kind of things. 20+ years later we still keep on with the tradition, just not as over the top since we now live 1,300 miles apart. I'm single, and I could care less about the day itself, but I do look forward to sending that fun little something to my friend every year.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Valentines day makes us single people depressed. But I love how much little kids love it!

Some of us married folks too!

Your husband must think that he shows you that he loves you 365 days a year. :laugh:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school, one of my best friends and I would try to outdo each other for Valentine's Day. She would give me a huge card, I would give her a balloon bouquet. Those kind of things. 20+ years later we still keep on with the tradition, just not as over the top since we now live 1,300 miles apart. I'm single, and I could care less about the day itself, but I do look forward to sending that fun little something to my friend every year.

I :heart: this! Too Sweet!! What an awesome friendship!!