Would anyone else like to not weigh in with me?

Options

Replies

• liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I started this latest and last attempt at getting healthy, I made a commitment to only weigh myself every 60 days. I would concentrate on all the other factors that come with a healthy lifestyle..(clothes fitting better, getting stronger, etc., etc..) I have more than 100 lbs to lose, so this is a real departure from my past. I made this decision because in the past I believe i was a scale a holic! I would check my weight every day, and celebrate the losses, and agonize over the gains. Typically I would lose a couple o f lbs the first few days, and then would have a day where I weighed more than what I started. ( I know this can happen for a number of reasons.) That would cause me to get depressed, or "give up" for the day, figuring I would start back tomorrow, or other such bull! Now i find I am not agonizing on a daily basis, and instead have continued to be highly motivated because I FEEL better.
    Bottom line: does it work? I will let you know in a couple of months. The first weigh in was successful, and my next one is scheduled for March 20th. Check my profile page occasionally and see what my ticker says!
  • mkehan
    Options
    I think that is the best way to do it. I cannot stand weighing myself and you KNOW when your clothes feel difference. What a big win when you look at it monthly!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i never weigh, do not even own a scale.
  • TineeLambrini
    TineeLambrini Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't have scales in my house, and haven't weighed myself for over a month now. Going to the doctors with my daughter on Wednesday so I will weigh myself then. I'm really excited to see the number, because I feel a real difference in myself. If I see a positive result in terms of loss, I may keep on with once-monthly weigh-ins.
  • scorpfem
    Options
    I not long started MFP and only weigh in every 4 days or so now so it wont be hard
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I am addicted to the scale, so I love your idea. Doing it as an outside challenge might be just what I need. Thanks for your awesome idea!
  • shellbell8406
    Options
    I want to try this! I like the idea of giving it up for Lent, like someone else suggested. I also like the idea someone else had of leaving my scale at relative's house for the month so I'm not tempted. I do have a doctor's appointment next week, where I'm sure they'll weigh me, but I never consider those accurate because I'm in jeans, shoes, etc--that's not how I weigh myself at home! It will be nice to show the doctor how I've lost weight though! :)

Anyone who wants to feel free to add me!
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for a new challenge, haven't weighed since the 3rd so will try to not weigh for another 3 weeks
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am going on how my clothing fits. I lost 120 lbs about 12 years ago and its only been in the last year that I have let 25-30 lbs come back(maybe more, I don't want to know). Anyways, I'm going by how my clothing fits. I do think I will be a daily weigher once I reach my goal as it will help me stay at that goal. I'm not weighing right now because I don't want to know what I weigh. I am however taking action to rectify the situation. So far, my "tight" pants are loose and I know I'm on my way down.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing myself until I finish 30 Day Shred. Then I'll go another 30 days with 30 Day Slim Down. Then another 30 with 30 Day Slim Down...Some More. A weight loss would be great, but I'm more interested in toning up at this point than I am the number on the scale.
  • auntyfynn
    auntyfynn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    count me in!!!!! I have not weighed in yet and will wait another month :smile: now!!!!!!
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    I'll join in but I can't start till feb 20th as I'm part of a 50 day challenge at the moment. That will be the last weigh in for that.
  • thintor
    Options
    i'm in! i'm giving up weigh-ins for lent!
  • shellyann1180
    Options
    I had already caved but after reading the posts, I think I am truly ready. I liked the idea of giving up the scale for lent. That is something I can do. I thought about giving up chocolate and or coffee but :laugh: then :cry: because I:heart::drinker:
  • khicks2288
    khicks2288 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll weigh when I get home from work today just to check where I'm starting & then won't weigh again for a month! Let's do this!
  • kcallas88
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning but only because yesterday was a rest day!

I need to stop my addiction to the scale...I'M SO IN!!
  • sue2328
    sue2328 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    me too - was due to weigh tomorrow but will put the scales away until March!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I started out with this. I don't even keep a scale in my house so I only weigh when I go in for new vials of allergy shot serum. It works well for me and I weigh every 6-10 weeks depending. It has worked well for me overall. 42 lbs lost and none of the stress of previous tries of weight loss. But, I wasn't looking to lose particularly quickly.
  • dustycaravan
    dustycaravan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    AH! I'm a scale-a-holic okay I will get my boyfriend to hide the scale from me for a month. IM SO SCARED!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am on blood thinner for atrial fibriation so I get that checked every couple of weeks. That's when I weigh in at the nurses station at Kaiser.