What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt with Kashi cereal in it. I love it and I eat it every morning!
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    Hi! Sorry if I'm not making sense with the measures, it's kinda difficult to make the translation from metric system for the first time... :blushing: I use my food scale a lot now as I'm at the beginning - again!
    My breakfast consists of the following and keeps me full until it's lunch time and it's just 500-600 kcal, depending on the bread I choose (dark rye crispbread is just 50 kcal a piece, my full-grain bread is some 100-150 kcal a slice):

A biiig mug of tea with a teaspoon of honey :drinker:

A bowl of my favourite mourning-mix:
    + 125 g or 4.4 oz Cottage cheese (2% fat)
    + 200 g or 2 dl or 7 oz or 0.85 cups Natural yogurt Greek style (2% fat)
    + 45 g or 1 dl or 1.5-1.6 oz or 0.4 cups Müsli with dried berries and nuts (max 350 kcal/100g or 99 kcal/oz)

AND a 50 g or 1.8 oz slice of full-grain bread OR dark rye crispbread
    + 25 g or 0.9 oz of cold cut lean turkey
    + lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes etc. on top
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    This morning, a toasted sandwich of banana, peanut butter and jam. I sometimes have yoghurt and cereal. I had a big thing for overnight oats, but that died down when I got pregnant.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have been making a shake every morning to take to work. I use....

1 cup Spinach
    1-1/1/2 cups almond milk (original flavor)
    1/2-1 cup Frozen cherries or Berry mix
    Scoop of protein powder
    1 Banana

I drink it on the way to work or while at work! Trust me, the spinach does not change the flavor either!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I often make a flatbread pizza with 80 cals worth of WW shredded cheese on a whole wheat flatbread (with tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper) in the toaster oven.
  • anthonyws
    Options
    I have two standard breakfasts:

1. Half a whole wheat pita, egg whites, banquet turkey breakfast sausage.
    2. 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, mixed fresh fruit (pineapple is a favorite of mine), and a half a whole wheat pita (toasted).

I also enjoy adding some veggies to the egg whites, and occassionally, a small piece of lowfat cheese.
  • Purecity_2113
    Purecity_2113 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a banana
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Not a morning person so I bring a bunch of stuff to work to snack on/for breakfast:

grapefruit
    yogurt
    1/2 avocado (all lime juice & salt)
    3 hardboiled eggs (2 whites, 1 full)

and COFFEE of course!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Kashi cinnamon and honey oatmeal. And of course, I have to have my daily cup of coffee. I canNOT start my day without that.
  • akilahleemarie
    akilahleemarie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    oat meal with almond milk or
    bran ceral with almond milk and half a bagel thin with sugar free jelly....my breakfasts are small because I eat 6 small meals/snacks a day
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If you like Mexican food, one of my favorite breakfasts (or lunch or dinner lol) is:

1 Mission extra thin corn tortilla (40 cals) lightly sprayed with cooking spray and crisped in a frying pan on both sides (like a tostada shell). Topped with Rosarita Zesty salsa fat free refried beans (1/4 cup 50 calories), a fried egg (cooked with cooking spray salt and pepper 74-78 cals) then pour 1/4 cup warmed Las Palmas Medium Verde Enchilada sauce (25 cals) over it and top with 1/2 svg Mexican blend shredded cheese (55 cals). Depending on how much cooking spray you use it may add 4 cals or so.

It's delicious and really fills you up for about 253 cals and 14 grams of protein! Love it <3 plus I feel like I'm getting something special.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Mine is a lot like Steph's
    La tortilla factory small low carb tortilla steamed in tortilla warmer in microwave...
    Rosarita zesty refried beans
    3 egg whites fried in good nonstick skillet
    1 slice of kirkland extra lean ham browned in nonstick skillet and cut in strips
    Pico de gallo salsa
    nonfat Greek yogurt
    slices of avocado...
    Under 250 calories and awesome flavor and well rounded start to the day.
  • Purple_Night
    Purple_Night Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lovely and simple banana on brown toast - not into all this fancy stuff! Sometimes porridge made with water and a bit of cinnamon :)
  • wolfelements
    wolfelements Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It depends, my husband does the cooking (I'd end up poisoning us). So oatmeal, cereal, or a variety of eggs (regular, scrambled, sandwich).
  • 7jj7
    7jj7 Posts: 4
    Options
    I always eat a healthy breakfast... some things I may have:

- 2 piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and jam and milk

- puffed wheat and shredded wheat cereal mixed together with blueberries or dried cranberries on top with milk

- a healthy milkshake- frozen banana, frozen berries (or fresh fruit), milk and yogurt, sometimes add rolled oats

- porridge with added berries, for a treat add apples fried in cinnamon sugar- it is heavenly!

Hope this helped!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sausage & Egg McMuffin & Hashbrown is one of my regulars.
    Or a protein shake and banana
    Or an omelet and bacon and toast
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato topped with almond butter and cinnamon. Quinoa with pecans and sliced banana. Oatmeal with a dried fruit and a nut (love dried cherries and almonds!) Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.
  • ricklperry
    Options
    Oatmeal before the gym and a protein drink after.
  • mollicam
    Options
    I have found the best breakfast: greek yogurt and almonds, also I have 2 cups of coffee with 1/4 cup skin milk. I never used to eat breakfast so finding things I liked and could tolerate early was important.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to read all the posts, so I apologize if this is a repeat. Refrigerator oatmeal - skinnytaste.com