Chocolate/Sweets!!!!

Options
So I absolutely love sweets. I'd eat my total day's worth of calories in pie if I could. But I can't and I won't. I know you're supposed to "allow" yourself to have a little bit, or else you may break down and binge on it, but if I allow myself to even have a bite or a piece, my cravings are worse than ever.

So take this, right now, I'm sitting at work, -- just had my chicken and avacado sandwhich and grape lunch two hours ago, and I know I'm not hungry. But I cannot get chocolate or cake out of my head. There isn't any here today, thank god, or I might give in. But how do you make these food needs go away??? Maybe they never really do.....:embarassed:

Replies

• millymoo81
    millymoo81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth too! Not sure that'll ever change.

I do however keep a toothbrush and toothpaste in my desk draw and when I feel like snacking I quickly go clean my teeth. Chocolate never tastes as good afterwards!
    By the time the minty taste has subsided enough to taste chocolate the urge has generally gone.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    pop in a mind, listerine strip, or spray your mouth with breath spray. It works, it does something to the taste buds.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    These minty ideas are great! I myself keep my desk stocked with gum but usually fruity kind rather than mint. (I have mint at the moment but I’m down to my last pack – oh oh!)

I find chewing on fruity gum is like eating candy (I'm a jube-jube-aholic myself) because of the taste and the chewing distracts you. Stride and Extra last the longest. Trident fades quickly, not worth it.

I recently discovered Crystal Light fruit punch (only avail in the US and I am Canadian) and love it! I down a big bottle of water in seconds with that frutyness! Can’t wait to stock up on groceries in the US when I go on vaca!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    my new fav snack: blue diamond almonds. try the brown sugar cinnamon & the new mint dark chocolate. It's the sweet I crave but in good form.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    im in uk and i love weight watchers chocolate stuff all the things i like brownies, caramel wafers chocolate biscuits mini rolls etc and its low calories usually 100 or less never more that 115 and i can usually eat 2 as i have the spare calories its enough to satisfy my craving without feeling like ive messed up my diet
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Hey Girl! I always crave something sweet after lunch. NOT dinner tho which is odd. I try to keep little sweet treats in my desk so i can have something for the craving. The little 100 cal packs work perfect. Count em, enjoy em & move on!
  • khursh8
    khursh8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Having just a taste always makes my cravings worse too. Especially since I can't stop once I start :) Advice is great, but I've also learned that every diet decision you make should be tailored to what works for you. Stay strong!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I completley understand where you are coming from. When I allow myself even a little something sweet the cravings get worse and I can't help myself so now I keep my cravings at bay by trying not to eat anything sweet at all. Although this is hard to do :(
    Since starting my weight loss plan I find that I don't crave sugar like I used to and that is more in likely because I keep breads, pastas and any form of sugar out of my diet and when I do that and eat more veggies then I have no cravings at all. Weird but true!!! Hope you can find a way to tame your cravings.