Whats your hardest time of day to stay on track?

Options
What is everyones hardest time of the day to stay on track and what tricks do you have to get you through.. Mine is at night after dinner while watching TV.. ..

Replies

• shaneabner
    Options
    That is mine also. The kids have gone to bed and it's time to sit and relax. All I want to do is eat.
    I have not found a good fix other than trying to eat healthier snacks.
  • Kimistry_
    Options
    That is also mine! I always want to munch. It starts with dessert then goes wild from there. It's hard for me to not crave those sweets!
  • Honolululips
    Honolululips Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My hardest time is in the afternoon at work, probably between 4 and 5. Lunch was 3 hours ago and dinner still 2-3 hours away. And then I get a bit bored because urgent work for the day is done and I can eat all the cucumbers and other vegetables in the world I just never feel satisfied and get rid of the urge to snack :(
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    6 am to 10 pm :wink:

Actually, I have good days and bad days. Work is actually the hardest for me because I sit at a desk all day and get bored easily. As long as I leave my purse in my car (no $ available for the vending machine that way), I do o.k. with sticking to what I've brought with me. Sometimes I'm bad though, and just go out to lunch - those days are often "ugly".

It is definitely easy to get off track with mindless eating while watching t.v. or a movie. I try not to snack while watching t.v.. If I'm legitimately hungry, I will make myself walk to the table and sit down to eat my snack. It seems to keep me more focused on what I'm doing and I'm less likely to keep shoveling it in without even realizing how much I've eaten. When I'm done, I clean up and walk away. I don't go back to the pantry or refrigerator. Now work is another story.....
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mondays after work. Tricks? Looking here to get motivated.
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Right now. I'm actually dealing with super intense cravings for all things bad for me. My fiance isn't home so I have no one to hold me accountable for my actions... I've not dealt with a craving like this since I started my journey and it's hard for me.

It also doesn't help that I have all this healthy food that I have to prepare, but the bad, ready-to-eat in 2 minute things are staring me in the face LOL.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Afternoon at work. I provide after school care for a family and they have lots of tasty foods I really shouldn't have.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mine is at night after dinner while watching TV.. ..

same!
  • joolson45
    joolson45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It also doesn't help that I have all this healthy food that I have to prepare, but the bad, ready-to-eat in 2 minute things are staring me in the face LOL.
    [/quote]

That is so true... its so much easier to grab a bag of chips... :explode:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    it's those pesky hours between the time i wake up and the time i go to bed which i find most problematic. the hours while i'm asleep i tend to not have any trouble with
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    10 pm when my husband and I are watching our shows and he is snacking right next to me. I drink tea then and that seems to help. Haha!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    What is everyones hardest time of the day to stay on track and what tricks do you have to get you through.. Mine is at night after dinner while watching TV.. ..

So eat less every morning and you will have more calories at night.
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options

That is so true... its so much easier to grab a bag of chips... :explode:
    [/quote]

Right?? I need to do a better job of prepping healthy things or buying fruit. I always think that I don't like fruit, but it would be really handy when i'm wanting to snack.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Late evening
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Usually mid day when I'm out and about.
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    10 pm when my husband and I are watching our shows and he is snacking right next to me. I drink tea then and that seems to help. Haha!

Is he in perfect fitness? If not he should get on the stop eating junk with you.
    Same as all of you my cravings are from after dinner about 8pm till whenever I go to bed. Normally me and my feoncee are watching tv during these times and nothing else to do I have always ate chips, and icecream, whatever. next time go shopping i need to find some healthy snacks rather then junk. Chex mix is a Huge snack i love.
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    After I get home from work before dinner - while making dinner!
  • cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    mid-afternoon at work is the hardest time for me.
  • ktp6
    ktp6 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Between 3.30 and 6.30 before I get to eat dinner. I'm much better at avoiding desert after dinner, so this is my new hardest time!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    it's those pesky hours between the time i wake up and the time i go to bed which i find most problematic. the hours while i'm asleep i tend to not have any trouble with

He speaks the truth!