Intermittent fasting

Options
Is anyone else currently intermittent fasting? I am doing a 16hr off 8 hr but not dieting. Plz share what you are doing and results.

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    results?!

YOU WANT RESULTS?!!!

BOOOMM!!!!

a33681fc-1657-41f9-a8c3-73a431d21fe7_zpsc3b29f67.jpg

thats 3 months right there!! 16/8 fasting!!!

30 lbs burned straight up!!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I was doing 20/4 but now it's more like 18/6 because I increased my calories for bulking. I lost weight on it while adding muscle but now I want to focus more on adding muscle. I think it will be useful for minimizing fat gains on a bulk.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    If you want picture results though here you go:

Before

2195f65412269e16185e0d5fa6d99d00_zpsd9ffb6b3.jpg

After

c5aeee3bcfb41fc1a1e338fd906fa7de_zps9763b49c.jpg
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    results?!

YOU WANT RESULTS?!!!

BOOOMM!!!!

thats 3 months right there!! 16/8 fasting!!!

30 lbs burned straight up!!!

Nice job!

I tried 16/8 a few months back but it didnt work for me with the times i am able to actually eat. I'm so hectic at work some days it's easier to grab something in the morning and not the afternoon which would totally throw out my post workout meal (as i don't workout until 7-8pm!)

May revisit though as it seems to be a great way to lose body fat.
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look great so I am curious. I am assuming you only eat for 8 hours out of the day and fast for 16 ? If so how many calories do you consume during your 8 hours on? I have heard of the 5/2 but not this method. Will you share a little more information please..
    Thanks
  • Skiing914
    Options
    Learn to eat healthy and you won't need to fast.
  • psychobabble78
    psychobabble78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Strated a 16/8 on Sunday/Monday - been super hungry today, but have now used all my calories etc at 1.30pm so it's gonna be more like a 20/4 today for me :(

How have others done it - made sure that you evenly space out your intake throughout the 8 hours?
  • ouandi
    ouandi Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this too but worried the effects on a women's body and hormones.

Women, did it mess up your cycles or hormones doing this?
  • melmckay99
    Options
    I'm doing the 5:2.... 2 days a week I eat 500 calories, the other 5 days I eat whatever I want. But by whatever I want, I mean I still make healthy choices because I love my body and want it to last :)
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 5:2.... 2 days a week I eat 500 calories, the other 5 days I eat whatever I want. But by whatever I want, I mean I still make healthy choices because I love my body and want it to last :)

^^^ this is awesome!!!!! the world should DO IT!!!
  • psychobabble78
    psychobabble78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

This is about being healthy - in a primal way - its not about binge eating or any other kind of disorder - you do eat healthILY during the 8 hours feeding time, but also then give your body time to recover, process, digest and assimilate the foods you have consumed. Perhaps a little research may go a long way:

leangains.com
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I read last week (on ross training I believe) that current studies on IF are stating that women should not do more than 16/8 whereas men can do more but not everyday (16/8 seems to be ok for both though)
  • Kmenczynski88
    Kmenczynski88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I do both, u mad bro?
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 16/8 for over a week.
    Even after a lot of cheating it seems like just by eating on a different schedule
    my metabolism has sped way up.
    My husband noticed a hug difference yesterday morning.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options

I do both, u mad bro?

Lol

Eating in an 8hour window is not unhealthy.
    This isn't biblical status fasting we're talking about here...
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I gave it a shot and it wasn't for me but have had great results without it. Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss and fasting is no shortcut to success. I see to many people on here try IF because they think it has magic powers when it comes to weight loss. best of luck man.
  • sacha_1987
    sacha_1987 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I want to start it, I'm just not sure I fully understand it all...

I'd do 5 full days of eating 'normally' - ie still making my healthy choices yadayada. The other two days are 500 cal only.

Are there any restrictions? How many cal should you stick to on the 5 days? Will your body get used to it, and pile on fat once you go back to regular eating? (Obviously not junk food and that malarky because I know this causes you to gain!!)

I have read lots of information, however I can't find the answers to these questions!

The results I've seen are amazing - and it doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to do??..... she says now....:ohwell:
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 16/8 for over a week.
    Even after a lot of cheating it seems like just by eating on a different schedule
    my metabolism has sped way up.
    My husband noticed a hug difference yesterday morning.
    Meal timing and frequency has no effect on your metabolism. The Thermic Effect of Food is the same if you eat 8 small meals or 2 Big meals daily.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    Based on the way my body feels, and the results I've gotten thus far,
    I highly disagree.