Do you think 2240 calories is a good idea?

Options

Replies

• Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Well I don't exercise every day, so that's why I'm concerned. The fat comes in usually with the protein, I don't have any negligence when it comes to getting my fat in :D

Also, why not exercise everyday?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    that seems unusually high to me... and just not right.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    That calorie count really sounds off to me. Do some calculations on your own; I saw some good links above.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Unless you train hard about 7-10 hrs a week, then this is too high for a woman, and you'll probably gain. I maintain at between 2200 and 2400, but I'm classified as an "athlete in training."
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is ridiculous. A bunch of people weighing in on whether they think 2240 calories "sounds" good. Yes, that was the question, but it was the wrong question, We don't change based on what "sounds" good..

We don't have enough information to say if this sounds good. What's your height and weight, OP? With that information we can at least figure out your TDEE and see if that makes sense. Without that information, nobody has any context for what's being said.

Y'all are crazy.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Not trying to bit pick but I wouldn't agree with the above poster who suggested trying it for a week and see how it goes. If you are going to lose, maintain or gain you will need to do it for longer than a week. I'd of thought a month at least to see how the new amount effects your body.

This. My god, lots of bad advice on this thread. Most of these people telling you to eat less are part of the crowd who think you have to eat less to lose.... and yo-yo with their weight forever.

I am not an athlete and based on my TDEE and BMR that is how much I eat daily....

Just listen to your nutritionist. Give it REAL TIME, not a week or two. Your body will feel bloated when you are adjusting to eating the right amount but after a couple weeks it will be doing the happy dance.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is ridiculous. A bunch of people weighing in on whether they think 2240 calories "sounds" good. Yes, that was the question, but it was the wrong question, We don't change based on what "sounds" good..

We don't have enough information to say if this sounds good. What's your height and weight, OP? With that information we can at least figure out your TDEE and see if that makes sense. Without that information, nobody has any context for what's being said.

Y'all are crazy.

The hell?

Shup with your common sense!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

Y'all are crazy.

The hell?

Shup with your common sense!

*RAGEQUITDELETE*

I mean, uh, if only it were more common.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Y'all are crazy.

Word :glasses:
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I think that person got their degree out of a large, specially marked box of store-brand cereal. It's not even the nice Cracker Jack University degree.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Y'all are crazy.

I was thinking the same damn thing.
  • bmoregan
    bmoregan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    In order of precedence;
    1) Listen to your body
    2) Listen to your brain
    3) Listen to people who have actually done "it" (whatever "it" is)
    4) Listen to the professionals
    5) Listen to your friends
    6) Listen to the internet.

Of course, I'm on the internet so all of the above is probably null and void. But seriously, listening to what your body is saying will help a lot. No professional (stockbroker/doctor/mechanic/nutritionist...) cares as much about you as you do. Friends care, but may be mis-informed.

Best of luck.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    In order of precedence;
    1) Listen to your body
    2) Listen to your brain

That's why half the people are here to begin with.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    im not fat, i eat 1900-2000 calories a day... i eat paleo (meat, veggies, fruits, nuts, fats, but no grains) i do crossfit 5x a week but no additional exercise. i have lost inches like crazy... the scale hasn't moved, but my clothes show you my progress. i don't know how someone who isn't dormant can live on 1400 or less and still have energy for life.
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The bloating could also be from the increased amounts of fruits and veggies you're eating. Just throwing it out there
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    WRONG....A certified nutritionist takes four years and a certificate. Don't answer if you don't know the facts............I hate when people advise others and don't know what they are talking about.....they can't just set up shop....if they are legit. It's dependent on your weight, %BF, height, and age......If your 250lb young (in your early 20's) and around 5'3. you probably burn close to a TDEE of 6500-2700 without doing much (little exercise) less 500 gives you close to 2200 which is a 1 lb loss. Talk to your nutritionist and have them explain what and why
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    The bloating could also be from the increased amounts of fruits and veggies you're eating. Just throwing it out there

Truth. That's why I don't eat those nasty things.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    In order of precedence;
    1) Listen to your body
    2) Listen to your brain

Fact. Listening to your body can take you all sorts of crazy places.

Leptin, the hunger regulating hormone in your body, is produced in proportion to your consumption. So if you eat a lot, you will feel more hungry. If you restrict calories, you will want to eat less. That's how you get anorexics eating 800 cals a day and "feeling full" or how you get 1200-cal dieters here who can't eat 1200 calories.

Don't listen to your body. I suggest science as a useful alternative.
  • AngryDiet
    Options

Stawwwwwppp!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    In order of precedence;
    1) Listen to your body
    2) Listen to your brain

Fact. Listening to your body can take you all sorts of crazy places.

Leptin, the hunger regulating hormone in your body, is produced in proportion to your consumption. So if you eat a lot, you will feel more hungry. If you restrict calories, you will want to eat less. That's how you get anorexics eating 800 cals a day and "feeling full" or how you get 1200-cal dieters here who can't eat 1200 calories.

:drinker: