Options
bushokie
bushokie Posts: 180 Member
What kept you motivated through the journey

Replies

• breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    im still on my journey but my motivation has always been my family and my health. But i also want to own a "little black dress" in the worst way. lol
  • armstrong71
    armstrong71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My Health and family thus far !! ( 46 pounds as of this morning ) But I was just checking out tropical vacations and think I will ask my husband if he will take me away when I reach 100 pounds !!! Thats pretty good motivation Im thinkin ??
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    There's a point in your diet when you eat healthy, then bad, then good, then bad. It's becomes irritating, working your *kitten* off for one week and throwing it away the next. That's how I usually stay on track to not mess up the work I did before. I mean stuff like family, healthy, looking fit is always a motivator, but knowing that your not screwing yourself up is what continues to motivate me.
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I will probably come off as being shallow as hell for saying this but seeing pics of fit women's stomachs in hip hugging jeans is what motivates me. lol. I want to wear those jeans again!
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My promise to my daughter , And I'm tired of failing at this over & over so this time I'm determined to achieve my goal.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I don't really focus on a goal at this point in the journey. I've got to say, just getting used to a lot of healthier habits and logging each day is keeping me moving forward.
  • kloco
    kloco Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Still on the journey, but what keeps me motivated for the most part is my boyfriend.
    He's in the army and we don't see each other as often anymore. I'm hoping that everytime he sees me, he'll say, "omg babe, you lost weight! You're disppearing!"
  • natascha212
    natascha212 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My fiance & my son is keeping me motivated threw my journey
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend. He's not dieting, but he started running when I started swimming and tracking my calories. He hit five miles the other day without stopping! I've always been competitive, so I'm working to keep up at the very least.
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I get my motivation by helping others get to their goal. The old Zig Ziglar quote: "You can have anything you want if you'll just help enough people get what they want" =)
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter. I want to be around and be able to run with her for as long as I possibly can.
  • cathynovakovich
    cathynovakovich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The only true motivation is that you are doing it for YOURSELF, whether it is to feel better / look better / health or a combination. This is all about YOU, no one else. I spent four years taking care of two terminal family members, both of which we lost. The schedule and stress of doing that got me totally off track and nothing was about me --- it was about caring for them. I am now concentrating on me, I want to be happy and healthy and am on a mission to feel better inside and out ---- have lost 13 pounds in 6 weeks and starting excersicing and eating better ---- I can do this ---- for me and you can do it for YOU !
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    At this point it's more habit than motivation for me (which is a great place to be!), but when I feel tired by it all, I think about the life that I want that I can't really have as a fat person and focus on that.
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My daughter. I want to show her that healthy living is important. And continually losing weight has kept me motivated to keep going throughout my journey and finish what I have started.
  • seeashleysave
    seeashleysave Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For the first 6 months, the results motivated me. I weighed once a week and each time the scale dropped I wanted to keep that feeling going. After the first 6 months, something else starting motivating me. It was no longer about diet or exercise or calories, but it became a pattern. My mentality has changed from looking for results to understanding this is my lifestyle. I've been working on my weight since December 2011. Last week, I hit 90 pounds lost. I have about 50-60 more to do depending on what I look like.

Outside of that, the best advice I can give you is to set goals every 10-20 pounds depending on how much you have to lose. I'm competitive by nature, so that made me feel like I was accomplishing something until I my mindset changed. Best of luck to you! :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Fear of another stroke.
  • lockmand
    lockmand Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Reading here in the community, logging in my journal, seeing a difference in my clothes, hearing my daughter say, "hey, you need to fix your hair and let me take some pictures to compare to the ones of you before you started this!"
    That really pushes me to stay on track. Some days I feel it is still so hard and not getting any easier. Then some days I see that it is getting easier. Like the other day I was standing in line at a local gas/convenience store and was staring at the rack of cakes and snacks. I did not have the slightest desire to buy a single one! Before my habits were formed I would have grabbed the round pink coconut cake stuffed with sweet cream and eaten both, as they come two to a pack! BUT, I came home empty handed, just bought gas. I told my hubby about that and he said I did good...Yes, I did! Getting these new habits in place is what so important. Seeing them work is great motivation to keep trying new habits each week.
    Donna 155
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    The happiness I felt when I was in shape, athletic, and attractive. It is huge how much my health impacts my day to day life. I was so much more outgoing, engaging, carefree when I was thin. I loved who I was, and I want to get back to that.
    Oh, and I am engaged and need to look amazing for my wedding in two years. :)
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am still at the beginning but have to say that my health definitely motivates me. I have already noticed big changes in my energy levels, my sleeping pattern, and the way I feel when I wake up in the morning. Plus my BP dropped which made not only me happy but also my doctor. 13 lbs may not seem like much but it makes a difference already.
  • Inkchick
    Options
    several things motivate me: realizing if i keep doing things the same way I always have I'll never move forward; getting off my blood pressure med (down to the lowest dose possible so it's in the future!); a neck lift and tummy tuck when I get to and remain at my goal weight for a minimum of three months; adding healthier years to my life;

and most importantly to me: realizing if i just keep at my plan every day, i'll be ahead of where i was the day before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!