For us gals looking to lose 10 lbs by the end of spring!

Options

Replies

• labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me! Although my goal weight is a little less than 10lbs. Strickland805, the best way to get rid of that arm jiggle fast is to start lifting heavy. I
  • weiward
    weiward Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'm 27, 5'4", 120 lbs. I'm looking to get more toned and lean down to 110 (HEALTHILY) by the end of Spring!

I'm glad to finally find some gals in my boat as far as size/range goes on this site :)

Let's do it!
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"
    SW: 153
    CW: 135
    GW: 125

I have 10 pounds to go to my initial goal... I'll re-evaluate my goal once I get there.

I'm at 1200 a day (and eating back some or all exercise calories) and I've been losing steadily, so I'll stick with 1200 until (if) I hit a plateau. I'm doing C25K and doing about a half hour on the elliptical on days I don't run.
  • BMKT1013
    BMKT1013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I only just started. I would like to lose 10 pounds and would like to tone up. I have been tracking my food for 3 weeks now, its so nice yet also a slap in the face to see my poor decision from time to time.

I am hoping this app will push me to make better decisions. I think following some proactive supportive and encouraging women in the same boat as me may push me to be better.

Can I add anyone for the support?
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I'm in! I'm looking to lose around 10lb, I think. My goal is really to lose the rest of my jiggle, but I'm not sure what that will amount to in terms of lbs lost. Right now I net 1450 calories, since my BMR is around 1375, 1400, and I eat back my exercise calories. I do cardio, mostly elliptical, several times a week, do a modified version of stronglift 5x5, and do circuit training, mostly TRX and Body pump at the gym (although I've been out of the gym routine for a week or so and won't be able to go back until next week). I do pilates occasionally, as well. I need to work harder on ensuring that I am making good use of my calories - waste less on booze and sweets, lol - and make sure that I am more consistent with my intake. I can't log as consistently as I would like, because of internet access issues, which makes it tougher.

Anyone who is in a similar boat is more than welcome to add me!

ETA that I doubt I'll lose my last 10 by the end of spring, but it won't stop me from working toward it, lol.
  • Elektraani
    Elektraani Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 5'4 and 136 lbs, hoping to be 125 lbs by May 19th (My wedding day!!!!) I've been working hard since January 1 and have only lost 4 pounds, so I don't know if I will make it. :sad:

I'm right there with you, I am 5'4, 146 pounds and hoping to get down to 130/135 by May 9th, which is my wedding day. We can do it!!!
  • AmiciaCole
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 15 by the end of spring,
    but sure, I'm in. :D
  • ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm in this goes along with my timeline...feel free to add!
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    I've been put on 1220 a day and have swapped any snacks for fruit but that actually takes up quite a lot of the calories which is annoying.

What's all this 30 shread and C25K?

30 Day Shred is a 30 minute workout video by Jullian Michaels (from the Biggest Loser). It combines strength, abs, and cardio. You do 10 days of level 1, then 10 of level 2, then 10 of level 3. I really like it so far! I've actually gained weight since starting it, but my pants almost fell off earlier when I was running to my car in the rain so I think it is trimming me up. Somebody put it on youtube so you can get it for free here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8&list=PL06F7D4D05FE22F9F&index=10

C25K is Couch To 5K. It is interval training to help beginner runners get to a 5k in 9 weeks. I've done 5k's before using this method and it is great way to gradually build into it. Here is more info on it and the actual plan: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Anyone know of a good exercise to get rid of that fat under your arm that jiggles when you wave? That is the number one thing that needs to go!!!

Thanks a Lot!!!!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Me, me, me! Although my goal weight is a little less than 10lbs. Strickland805, the best way to get rid of that arm jiggle fast is to start lifting heavy.

Agree! Once I started doing this, my arms firmed up a lot and I don't have "bat wings" anymore. My triceps actually look somewhat defined. Not a LOT, mind you, since I'm pretty new to serious lifting, but still!
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 10 period! By spring would be even better. I usually lift a few days a week and throw in cardio 1-2 days. I started eating at 1200 in Aug. upped to 1300 in Nov. I'm trying the TDEE-20% so I upped again to 1400. I hope I don't gain weight!

Height: 5'1"
    SW: 140
    CW: 133
    GW:125

Add me too!!
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. 11 down and need to lose 9 more by April.
  • brooklyn504
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 5'9", currently 147 hoping to get back down to the 130-133 mark: pre-"I moved in with my boyfriend" weight :)

I was doing Keto for a while but it wasn't really doing anything. Now I'm hitting the gym in earnest 4-5 times a week (45 min on the elliptical plus some REALLY light free weights haha) and set a goal of 1100 net cals.

Anyone feel free to friend/add me! I definitely need support, and am happy to give it!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge! Feel free to add me too :)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    me! me! me!!
    I would love to lose 10 lbs by the end of spring! Count me in! I would love to have some friends with the same goals!
    I am 5'8 and 39 yrs old, and my CW is 150, I am hoping to get to 140 by springtime!
    Good luck everybody!!
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Feel free to add me! :)
    I am 5'4 and weigh 145 pounds! I want to get to a 130 by the end of April! :)
  • macgarza
    Options
    I'm a Beachbody Coach and have a great solution for people who are wanting to lose the last few stubborn pounds. I just started my next challenge...it's p90x and substituting Shakeology for 1 meal! I have some links that you guys can look at to see if it would be a good fit for you! And if you want to become a coach, a ton of benefits and you get everything a lot cheaper...it's also a way to help out people just like you! Let me know if you would like more info and I can send you a few links to different things like Shakeology or if you are wanting to become a coach i can send you some of those links also! :)
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Did you find that bumping up to 1300 helped the weight loss move faster, slower, or the same?
    I would like to lose 10 period! By spring would be even better. I usually lift a few days a week and throw in cardio 1-2 days. I started eating at 1200 in Aug. upped to 1300 in Nov. I'm trying the TDEE-20% so I upped again to 1400. I hope I don't gain weight!

Height: 5'1"
    SW: 140
    CW: 133
    GW:125

Add me too!!
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a good exercise to get rid of that fat under your arm that jiggles when you wave? That is the number one thing that needs to go!!!

I'm looking for the exact same thing! I really want to get rid of the arm flab! I'll do anything!!!! :sad: