How do you eat your avacado?

krislshoe
krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
Today i had an open faced grilled cheese (using butter spray) on whole wheat with baby spinach, mozzarella cheese, and half of a sliced avacado...topped with a little pepper....It was sooooo yummy:) But would love to see how others eat their avacados.

Replies

• MrsRamseyForever
    MrsRamseyForever Posts: 28 Member
    I like mine plain, really. But I also like guacamole and the other day I put half an avocado with a pouch of flavored tuna (one of those ready to eat pouches) and it was really good that way!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    with a spoon and some salt
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    The produce place we go to had Haas avocados that were real nice. My wife doesn't like them but I do so I got 2. I love me some guac, and that's how I made 1 of them:

1 avocado, in small chunks
    1 smaller Scallion
    1/2 habanero pepper minced
    3tbs of generic jarred salsa (I had Chi Chi's hot and chunky)
    spash of lime juice
    1 small clove of garlic minced
    pinch of salt

The whole batch is 273 calories. It lasted about 10 minutes. I don't even care about the chips lol. Just a spoon and the bowl of guac.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    With a little salt and fresh lime juice.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    I just dig it out with a spoon and shove it into my face. I could eat those things all day long.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    I don't really like avocado but my mum makes really delicious dessert with avocado. She blends one medium-sized avocado with one whole lemon. We eat it with almond flakes and dark chocolate powder. Yummy! ^^
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    I love them in a myriad of ways (yum!!) but recently I've been somewhat obsessed with mashing a 1/4 or a 1/2 and spreading it on toast to eat with my eggs at breakfast or my soup at lunch (with a little garlic salt & pepper).
  • dewdropinn79
    dewdropinn79 Posts: 16 Member
    I like Mine with tomatoes, sprinkles with sea salt and a little balsalmic vinegar
  • So many ways, really. Most mornings I'll mash up ½ an avocado with aTBSP of mustard and put it on a multigrain english muffin. Delicious, filling, and a wonderful alternative to eggs.
  • charmcityvixen
    charmcityvixen Posts: 5 Member
    With a fried egg on top of a piece of toast! Put a little sriracha on there and you are all set :)
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    On a bagel thin with a little salt and cream cheese:) yum!
  • skittles137
    skittles137 Posts: 40 Member
    I mix mine with a little salsa, salt, and lime juice....mmm.....guacamole.
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Mashed up with some sea salt and lime juice. A little crushed garlic if I think of it. Sometimes also with diced tomato. I love em.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Sometimes I put 1/4 in a smoothie

I often make a salad of chopped avocado, tomato, a boiled egg and cottage cheese; sometimes I add other veggies or lettuce too

in my omelet with spinach and siracha

mixed with tuna, plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, and siracha

mashed with plain Greek yogurt, salsa and jalapenos as a dip for carrot chips or baked Tostitos
  • Sherikins
    Sherikins Posts: 3 Member
    I like them anyway I can get them, but my favorite is with just salt and pepper and eat it with a spoon.
  • redjch
    redjch Posts: 18
    any way possible! Love avacados! Really good on a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato and onion or on a BLT. In a fruit salad it gives it a creamy, buttery taste, especially with mango, strawberries and pineapple.
    Ok, so now I really want some!! lol
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    I love to eat mine with salt and pepper. Another favorite is to add it to steak or chicken salad.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    I love avacados and use them to top hamburgers, in salads, and with any sandwich or wrap. We also add them in many chicken/shrimp dishes. You can also make a bangin guacomole dip (All Recipes.com), but I recently got a simple recipe for an avacado salad from my mother-in-law that we just love. Slice the avacados and add grape tomatoes (sliced), a little olive oil, a splash of lime juice and a dash of cilantro (to taste).....yummy!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Spoon, salt and a dash of habanero hot sauce smeared on it.