What kept you motivated through the journey

Options

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I made a focus wall. One in my office and one on Pinterest. When I was at work and felt like skipping a workout, I pulled up my Pinterest board and reminded myself of my goals, and my wants. When I was at home, I looked at my Focus spot. I still have it up. It's full of Motivational sayings, pictures, etc. Also, it was a photo that kicked my butt into gear in the first place. I still have that photo, and whenever I felt like quitting, I looked at the photo! It definitely got me in the right frame of mind!

Also, I thankfully had a tremendous amount of support from my Fiance and family. They all played a big role in my success, and now they play a role in my maintaining.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Journey_zpsa2c22ba5.jpg
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    the thought of not having to wear plus-sized clothes
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm goal-oriented (and stubborn as hell!), so setting both short term and long term goals and accomplishing those goals kept me motivated.
  • wormy80
    wormy80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! And it obviously works!!
    several things motivate me: realizing if i keep doing things the same way I always have I'll never move forward; getting off my blood pressure med (down to the lowest dose possible so it's in the future!); a neck lift and tummy tuck when I get to and remain at my goal weight for a minimum of three months; adding healthier years to my life;

and most importantly to me: realizing if i just keep at my plan every day, i'll be ahead of where i was the day before.
  • mylifesjourney
    mylifesjourney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I get my motivation by helping others get to their goal. The old Zig Ziglar quote: "You can have anything you want if you'll just help enough people get what they want" =)

First time seeing this quote and love it already:smile:
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My desire/willpower to be successful and live a healthy lifestyle. MFP changed my life and I am so thankful.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    me, my 2 sisters and mom and dad all started together on this journey. none of us live together but motivate each other and that helps. i work with my dad so we do lunches together so trying to lose weight together helps.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm only 2 months into my journey and I feel so good. This will be a permanent change for me.
  • SkinnyForMinnie
    SkinnyForMinnie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Doing it for my kids, especially when I get reports from the doctor like "your liver levels are too high, and you're lucky there's no structural damage...yet". :frown:

Another great motivator is this site - I like to read about what motivates others (like this thread) and that helps me press on.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Never go back ... only move forward. There's nothing back there for me.
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for only a couple of weeks and have just now gotten serious in the past week. Something just clicked. I have struggled with my weight for the past 6 years (every since the birth of my first daughter) and have never been able to stick to anything. My kids are for sure my motivation, but more than that, I have finally just realized, and believe it to be true, that I AM capable of losing this weight. It is up to me, and only I can do it for myself. I have finally just decided that I do REALLY want this and my motivation during the times that I want to quit is thinking about this summer and how GOOD it will feel to know that I didn't waste another second failing, but that I actually did something about it and I know that that will feel amazing...I'm ready to be happy, self confidant, and full of energy again!! =))
  • bushokie
    bushokie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great thanks
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Motivation is overrated.

Simply do what you must.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Myself.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Myself.

She's lying. Steve Perry kept her motivated.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Myself.
    yup. Lea motivated me.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Beer+Maid+2.JPG
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!