RE: Water Counter

Options
When I drink water, I record it as water drunk. When I drink tea, I record it as water drunk. Where do you draw the line on counting a drink as water? Clearly, chocolate milk doesn't count...but what about something like 'Sparkling ICE', which is mainly sparkling water with some flavor? Do you count that as water? What about Coffee? What about Apple Juice? Are they all adding to the fluid bottom line? What's your opinion?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I draw the line at trying to count anything as water. Just drink to thirst and repeat and don't worry if tea, juice, crystal light, etc. counts as water. Luckily our bodies care less than our conscious brains...
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    and I wonder - do they say 1 cup is the avg 8oz glass? - or is it - like when i fill my glass of any size and finish it do i mark it then as 1?
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i only count water as water. nothing else, probably cuz thats all i drink!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    water is water...
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I count all liquids. Which for me is about 10 cups of water, 3 cups of skim milk, and 1 cup coffee.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water, anything else is part of the food diary but not repeated in the water counter
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    When I drink water, I record it as water drunk. When I drink tea, I record it as water drunk. Where do you draw the line on counting a drink as water? Clearly, chocolate milk doesn't count...but what about something like 'Sparkling ICE', which is mainly sparkling water with some flavor? Do you count that as water? What about Coffee? What about Apple Juice? Are they all adding to the fluid bottom line? What's your opinion?
    People choose to do it different ways. Personally, I add water as water. If I add Crystal Light/Mio/some other additive to my water, I still count that as water. Anything else, to include any other beverages, I do not count as water. Yes, other things can help your level of hydration, but this is what works for me, so it's what I do.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I no longer record my water. But if I am thirsty I drink something.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    A pound of ice weighs more than a pound of water....
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i dont log my water so i wouldnt know. i drink straight out of my 1 gallon sparkletts jug throughout the day, so... i know im getting enough, because if i wasnt, id be thirsty!
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    There are MFP entries for teas, coffees, flavored waters, sparkling waters, etc.

IMO, only water is water. If it has calories, it DEFINITELY shouldn't be counted toward your water totals.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

?
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options

I've always heard if it's calorie and caffeine free, you can count it towards your water. That's the philosophy I use.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Ice is less dense than liquid water. Just sayin.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    water is water...

^^This....In any form...
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Please tell me you were joking......
  • crubinetti
    crubinetti Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer who is a friend told me that you should drink half your body weight (lbs) in ounces of pure H2O for weight loss. So if you are 200 lbs then you need 100 oz of water. BTW a gallon is 128.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Tea has caffeine and shouldn't be counted as water.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Almost 90% of milk is water. So for every 9.25 oz of milk you drink, 8 oz of that is water. It's not like the water is inseparable from the rest of the milk's contents.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer who is a friend told me that you should drink half your body weight (lbs) in ounces of pure H2O for weight loss. So if you are 200 lbs then you need 100 oz of water. BTW a gallon is 128.

we talking resistivity of 18.2 MΩ·cm or tap for "pure"?