For us gals looking to lose 10 lbs by the end of spring!

Options

Replies

• AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Was this for me? If so, I'm doing aerobics 5 days a week (just started 3,5 weeks ago) and I eat around 1,400 cals per day.
    Yep. I've never weighed less than I do now in my adult life so I'm very curious about how my body will respond.
    I'm really impatient though lol but I know I'll not give up.

It was to ALL! :) I want to get ideas, because my progress is moving sooooooooooooo slow.
    [/quote]

My progress is also slow although I started logging my food here 1 week ago. As long as I can lose 1 lb per week I'd be very happy. Now I really have to fight to lose the last lbs!
  • carissa100
    carissa100 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you all. I'm down to my last 10 pounds too. The pounds are taking more and more work to remove, and this is going to require a LOT of effort! I'm doing 30 day shred daily and eating 1200 calories (if I can manage not to cheat!). Would love some supportive friends.
  • AhlaWahda
    Options
    Me, me, me! Although my goal weight is a little less than 10lbs. Strickland805, the best way to get rid of that arm jiggle fast is to start lifting heavy.

Agree! Once I started doing this, my arms firmed up a lot and I don't have "bat wings" anymore. My triceps actually look somewhat defined. Not a LOT, mind you, since I'm pretty new to serious lifting, but still!

To lift heavy is what I keep hearing. I don't thrive in the gym though. Can I buy some dumbbells and work my triceps at home?
    Any special routines you can recommend? I hate my arm flab!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Count me in..
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I have less than 10 pounds left. Once the weather here warms up and I can take my long walks again I know I can take off those last few pesky pounds. Used to have a treadmill till the darn thing died. booo Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me! Although my goal weight is a little less than 10lbs. Strickland805, the best way to get rid of that arm jiggle fast is to start lifting heavy.

Agree! Once I started doing this, my arms firmed up a lot and I don't have "bat wings" anymore. My triceps actually look somewhat defined. Not a LOT, mind you, since I'm pretty new to serious lifting, but still!

To lift heavy is what I keep hearing. I don't thrive in the gym though. Can I buy some dumbbells and work my triceps at home?
    Any special routines you can recommend? I hate my arm flab!

I can't heavy lift due to herniated discs so I have a weight machine and small free weights and lift at home. I won't be super fab lean mean machine but don't really care. I'm happy with being fit and trim. I can do 20lb barbells for biceps and can do up to 80lbs on the machine with the pull down bar but thats my limit.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have a little more than 10 to lose but I'm in!

I'm 5'9
    SW: 230 (right after I gave birth to my daughter)
    CW: 162
    GW: 147
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!!!!
    i am going to florida on 3/25, so i would really love to lose 8 lbs by then, but my ultimate goal weight is to lose another 10-12 lbs.
    i am doing 30ds, and watching what i eat :)
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    If I started a "last ten pounds" group would you guys join it? We could do a weekly weigh in or something?
    I am 5'6", 147, been trying for 135 forever.
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    Working out most days of the week both cardio and strenght , 1200 calories very slow move of the scale , only can see fast results when I have a cheat meal the scale goes up right away . I would be happy to lose at least eight
    I m 5.4 138. in my good mornings 44 years old . struggle everyday and seems like all this work is mostly for maintainance :)
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Yep, I have about 8 left to get to goal, and it's not gonna be easy. Add me if you want!
  • abarnard10
    abarnard10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 5'0" and 120 pounds, on 1200 calories/day but definitely don't exercise enough. I'm looking to lose 10-12 pounds in time for bikini season. I could use some social pressure and accountability to keep me motivated. I would definitely join a Last 10 Pounds group.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12168-the-last-ten-pounds

Just started a group, if anyone wants to join me in a challenge? I'm at work right now but I'll add content when I get home lol
  • AhlaWahda
    Options
    If I started a "last ten pounds" group would you guys join it? We could do a weekly weigh in or something?
    I am 5'6", 147, been trying for 135 forever.

I was thinking of that but I've never done it before. I'd sure be in. :-)
  • 8dozendiets
    Options
    I'm here - old enough to be your mom, but I'm actually kind of fun. If my age doesn't bother you, I'm here for you.
  • leyshockl
    leyshockl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I have 6 pounds to go and have been at a standstill for awhile. I joined a gym 3 weeks ago and have been working out daily (mostly exercise classes- zumba, circuit training, Piyo, etc). I have tried to keep my calories right at 1200, sometimes eating back calories from exercise. Luckily I did measurements before I joined the gym. With all the work I have put in the scale hasn't budged! However, I have lost an inch around my hips and 1/2 inch from each thigh. So, I guess I'm toning things up, which is what I want, I just would like to see the scale number lower!! Feel free to add me, I'd love more support!
  • lucinda3489
    Options
    I'm in for this, I haven't got any friends on MyFitness pal so a bit of support would help! I had managed to lose 2 stone between June and November, but over Christmas I gradually regained a stone and haven't had motivation since, but I would love to lose that stone again!
    I try to eat healthily, get 1200 calories a day and exercise when I can, but do toning excercises most days.

I'm 23, weigh 129 lbs, 5ft 5ins and I'd ideally like to get to lbs - add me if you like and we can support each other :)
  • ashleymarie892
    ashleymarie892 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am also in need of losing these last 10 pounds before bikini season!! Back around a year ago I lost right at 25 pounds going from 148 pounds to 123 pounds and unfortunately now I have gained almost all of this weight back! The past 6-8 months of my life have been some very rough times but I am now ready to put everything behind me and get back to my goal weight! As of today I am around 138-140 pounds and this time I am looking to reach 128 pounds :smile: also I am 5'7! I would really enjoy seeing a decent amount of weight loss by March 20 (First day of Spring) :flowerforyou:
    Add me if you want!! We can keep each other motivated! Good luck to everybody!
  • aboykin1
    aboykin1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will turn 53 April 10th and would like to have lost 10 lbs by then. I am setting a high goal, but I can do it, the right way too!!

Lets do it ! I just finished logging day 4. :)
  • tlnm158
    tlnm158 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm 23, 5'5 and 134 pounds. I'd ultimately like to get to 120, but 124 by spring would be awesome! Its tough losing that last bit so add me and lets give each other motivation and support!