• j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    2/11- 4 miles

exercise.png
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Luckily it turned out to be a beautiful day and clear roads so I got in my long run - 12 miles.

WTD - 12 miles
    MTD - 22 miles
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I know I will sound like a broken record... but my father's condition took another run for the worse. :cry: and my mother's too but she is not in an acute stage (and she is moving into our house). We are checking my dad into pallative care unit at the hospital, he is too sick to be sent home for pallative care - I asked but strongly not recommended. We can keep aggressive treatment going until my siblings arrive on Thursday, but after that the focus will be to keep his life comfortable and pleasureable.

But really, I am a lucky and fortunate person, he is the best father you can have asked for. :heart: He is 93 today, he still looks younger than he is -- and he has always been supportive of me...and to my siblings. He is the most unselfish being that I have ever met, he puts the people he cares about before himself. He has a fantastic sense of humor, and he is always the center of attention (he can't help it, he just has that kind of presence). He is tough, and manly. It is so hard to see such a strong person being so sick. Ironically he is still in good spirits, and he is totally da' man. I :heart: him deeply.

Hope it is OK to share this.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I know I will sound like a broken record... but my father's condition took another run for the worse. :cry: and my mother's too but she is not in an acute stage (and she is moving into our house). We are checking my dad into pallative care unit at the hospital, he is too sick to be sent home for pallative care - I asked but strongly not recommended. We can keep aggressive treatment going until my siblings arrive on Thursday, but after that the focus will be to keep his life comfortable and pleasureable.

But really, I am a lucky and fortunate person, he is the best father you can have asked for. :heart: He is 93 today, he still looks younger than he is -- and he has always been supportive of me...and to my siblings. He is the most unselfish being that I have ever met, he puts the people he cares about before himself. He has a fantastic sense of humor, and he is always the center of attention (he can't help it, he just has that kind of presence). He is tough, and manly. It is so hard to see such a strong person being so sick. Ironically he is still in good spirits, and he is totally da' man. I :heart: him deeply.

Hope it is OK to share this.

Aw, I missed most of what is going on. My heart goes out to you. My father is still around and I don't know how I will manage this. Take care, thoughts are with you and your family. xx
  • j_courter
    Options
    What a beautiful tribute to your dad! I think you should take what you wrote to the hospital and read it to him. I'm sorry you're going through so much right. now. It hurts to see our loved ones suffer. My heart goes out to you.
  • smiley13000
    smiley13000 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?? I'd like to do at least 90. Hoping to hit 100 though
    And so far I'm at 31 miles total
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for you parents being ill. Of course you can share!!! Never feel like you cannot! Will keep your family in our prayers.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    5 miles today

exercise.png
  • elfpearl
    elfpearl Posts: 191
    Options
    6 miles today, 72 MTD.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are with you and your family.

5.01 miles today

WTD 5.01
    MTD 47.64
  • j_courter
    Options
    2/12- 5 miles. i may have to revise my mile goal, but for now i'm going to see how my body holds up if i push it a little.

exercise.png
  • fasterandbetter
    fasterandbetter Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Feb 12: 5 miles

WTD 50 miles
    MTD 75.75 miles
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Checking in today! Ran 4.5 miles!

exercise.png
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    6 miles today

exercise.png
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    3.31 today

WTD 8.32
    MTD 50.95
  • smiley13000
    smiley13000 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    3 miles done today! :)
    I would have liked to go farther and longer, but sadly I hurt my knee Sunday. So I'm still just testing it out.
    Hope everyone is having a great day! :)

TOTAL: 34
  • elfpearl
    elfpearl Posts: 191
    Options
    3 miles today, 75 MTD.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    M - 5
    T - 9.3
    W - 6.1