Cottage Cheese!! (the food lol)

Options
124»

Replies

• AmyDee2
    Options
    I Love cottage cheese & I am happy to share these recipes for Cottage Cheese because they are very good!!!:flowerforyou:

"Faux Mexican"- Mix cottage cheese with a squeeze of lime and a shake of black pepper, then pair with warm tortillas and fresh tomatoes. Optional additions: sliced avocado and a topping of shredded Monterey Jack.
    ( I use lemon instead of the lime and I do add the Avacado & Monterey Jack)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Use Cottage Cheese as a topping on a Baked Potato or Sweet Potato and top with a sprinkling of freshly-chopped chives or fresh hrebs!! ( very yummy)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ONE GREAT FOR BREAKFAST..... put some Cottage Cheese on a sliced banana, topped with honey, raisins and honey-roasted peanuts
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I could snack on cottage cheese & fresh garden tomatoes with fresh gound pepper all day!!:love:
  • brits111383
    Options
    I also made this bread (trying to use less refined flour) when I needed to use some extra cottage cheese this weekend:

NY Times Recipes for Health: Cottage Cheese and Herb Loaf
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/17/health/nutrition/17recipehealth.html?_r=0
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Eating plain with berries. Today I had pancakes, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 egg whites, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/8 baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg (can be optional). Mix together & then cook until firm (about 5 minutes) each side. Enjoy with berries on top or any syrup of your choice. Use a non stick frying pan or it will be a mess and lightly grease. :smile:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    a tbsp of sriracha with some cucumber...

or go with diced pineapple.

i may have to try this later.. i LOVE sriracha
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One of my favourites for breakfast.

Toast your favoruite bread (I like Burgen bread)
    Scrape with Marmite (yeast extract - Aussies can use Vegemite)
    Pile a couple of spoonfuls of cottage cheese on top, and spread it evenly over the toast.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I have it in my protein shake every morning. 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup fruit and 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Blend. Easily transported to work for breakfast or even to drink in the car on the way.
    What protein powder do you use?

My husband buys it at Sam's, Simply Pure or something like that. It tastes pretty good. We only buy vanilla because I haven't found a chocolate one that actually tastes like chocolate.

Edited to say that I have blended cottage cheese and water to use in recipies instead of milk because my kids tend to drink all the milk and 'forget' to tell us we don't have anymore...
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I hated cottage cheese (except for in a shake) until I tried it with diced grilled chicken, franks hot sauce and celery and carrots on the side. Talk about amazing, it's like a chicken wing party without the guilt!

That sounds great! Might have to try this!
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Interesting how cottage cheese takes on the properties of what you put in it.
  • mkookies
    mkookies Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How 'bout Nachos! Flanders Style. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_1U9m9BMzs

XD
  • AlexT29
    AlexT29 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump - I want to try some of these recipes. I've always eaten it with tomato slices and pepper. Not too imaginative, but its great for for a quick lunch.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I like making a dip out of it, or putting it in wraps, on toast etc, can be used in a quiche, sometimes I like to put ham and pineapple in it and top with a little sriracha.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Someone may have mentioned it already, but it's amazing on a baked sweet potato( or a regular baked potato for that matter).
  • devore06
    Options
    I love it with peaches and sunflower seeds! also I like to use it as a salad dressing!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    bump