Books: Are you reading anything?

Options

Replies

• Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 5th book of the "A song of ice and fire" (Game of Thrones) series. Going to have serious withdrawals when I finish this one

Definitely my favorite. Read 5,000 pages then find out it could be years for the next one....:angry:
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Desperation by Stephen King.

not my usual flavor but it's pretty good as far as this genre goes.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Oh I hated that book too! Such a disappointment after P&P!!
    Just finished "Gypsy Boy" by Mikey Walsh and am about to start "Death Comes To Pemberley" by PD James

"Death Comes To Pemberley" was horrible or maybe my expectations were just way too high.

That's disappointing to hear...I love PD James and I love "Pride and Prejudice" so I thought it would be a great combination! :huh:
  • hattie491145
    hattie491145 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    W. Somerset Maugham, Of Human Bondage
  • thecpommander
    Options
    "The end of faith - Religion, terror, and the future of reason"

Authored by Sam Harris.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    rich dad poor dad. robert kiyasaki
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    A thousand years of solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez ! And OMG it's amazing!!!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am currently 3/4 through Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. I can't wait to watch season 3 of Game of Thrones next month...trying to finish the book before then...
  • FiftyandGettingBetter
    Options
    I'm reading American Sniper by Chris Kyle. Chris was a Navy SEAL who was recently killed while trying to help veterans with PTSD. As a retired military man, RIP brother.
  • countesscharleyangel
    Options
    "The End of Diabetes" by Joel Fuhrman. Totally love Joel Fuhrman, I don't know if I can handle being on his idea of lifestyle change, but he's totally opened my eyes as to what I'm doing to my body by eating the way I am. If you're interested, start with "Eat to Live" first, it's a great book.
  • countesscharleyangel
    Options
    I am currently 3/4 through Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. I can't wait to watch season 3 of Game of Thrones next month...trying to finish the book before then...
    Is Game of Thrones good? I've never seen it, but I love Sean Bean<3
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Making Money, by Terry Pratchett. Is excellent.
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Have read all the "Stephanie" books by Evanovitch. . . . love them!:smooched:
  • trishwitch
    Options
    Is Game of Thrones good? I've never seen it, but I love Sean Bean<3
    the HBO series is excellent. The books can be a little daunting to get through but worth it!
  • trishwitch
    Options
    anyone read Good Omens by N. Gaiman (spelling?) awsome book, wickedly hilarious!
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    anyone read Good Omens by N. Gaiman (spelling?) awsome book, wickedly hilarious!

I haven't read that one yet, it's on my list of things to read though. I really enjoyed both American Gods and The Anansi Boys, by Gaiman. I've been thinking I'll either tackle Good Omens or Stardust next.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It, Swan Song and Stinger... All rereads hahaha.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    NW - Zadie Smith ... got it for Christmas :laugh: I guess I"m a slow reader!!!
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have time for anything other than school books right now :cry:

Drugs and Society and
    Human Learning